Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber sight tool

Offline tonyg

Gerber sight tool
on: June 11, 2020, 02:42:23 PM
I searched but couldn't find anything helpful.  Has anyone ever sucessfully modded the sight tool on the Gerber MT600 into something more practical for those without AR-type rifles?  I love the idea of the long philipps, and i'm sure the carbon scraper could be used ocasionally for something, but the sight tool, not so much.  Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:03:08 PM by tonyg »

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Gerber sight tool
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 03:17:31 PM
I searched but couldn't find anything helpful.  Has anyone ever sucessfully modded the sight tool on the Gerber MT600 into something more practical for those without AR-type rifles?  I love the idea of the long philipps, and i'm sure the carbon scraper could be used ocasionally for something, but the sight tool, not so much.  Any thoughts?

I am planning on going with the blade exchanger, and if I can, replacing the lanyard ring with an awl from a busted MP600 Scout I found. That being said, I've used the internal magnet of the sight tool for some odd stuff.

That's the good thing about the Center-Drive that replaced it in the OTIS kit.  That's the Center-Drive I have, and I replaced the M4 Sight Tool bit with a socket adapter; saving the sight tool bit in case someone needs it.  Instead of a tool, it is simply a fixed bit.

Offline tonyg

Re: Gerber sight tool
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 03:56:15 PM
I take it there's no modding it into a 1/4" bit holder?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%