Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help identify

sd Offline Andetto

• Am old school, I still believe in respect.
Help identify
on: June 17, 2020, 07:06:10 AM
Hello
Could some one share any information about this knife
20200617_070009_compress51.jpg
* 20200617_070009_compress51.jpg (Filesize: 60.42 KB)
20200617_065847_compress97.jpg
* 20200617_065847_compress97.jpg (Filesize: 68.44 KB)
20200617_065835_compress85.jpg
* 20200617_065835_compress85.jpg (Filesize: 53.95 KB)
Regards
Andetto

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Help identify
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 07:52:51 AM
I would assume it is a low cost Chinese made knife that Browning puts their name on. It should be usable.

It would be hard to know which company actually made it, unless there is something stamped on it. Sanrenmu had some similar models, but you never know.

It is a common practice for companies that do not actually make knives to order knives they deem suitable and put their brand on it.

Maybe someone familiar with Browning products can help more.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

sd Offline Andetto

Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 08:17:45 AM
I would assume it is a low cost Chinese made knife that Browning puts their name on. It should be usable.

It would be hard to know which company actually made it, unless there is something stamped on it. Sanrenmu had some similar models, but you never know.

It is a common practice for companies that do not actually make knives to order knives they deem suitable and put their brand on it.

Maybe someone familiar with Browning products can help more.

Nothing stamped on it.
Regards
Andetto

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:23:02 PM
That reminds me of a cheap spanish Albainox model I had some time ago. Here's a link to some similar models:

https://www.albainox.com/Fast-Opening-System-pocket-knives/en/7/628/1/1/2/151.html

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 12:08:45 AM
It's exactly what it looks like?

I couldn't find the exact model, and it's the sort of thing they don't even really bother having a catalogue for. It's one of any of hundreds (thousands?) of knife designs, presumably more or less copied off a successful design (not a knock off, just saving on R&D) then made a bit cheaper and faster out of more, *ahem* cost effective materials.

Whack a logo on the blade, and hey ho we're away.

Assuming it's not a knock off of a cheap knife (which I guess happens?) it should be serviceable (safe) enough for general use.

There may (or may not) be little things that start to give up though - pocket clip may not be decent spring and will just bend outwards, blade could be prone to chipping or rolling, pivot may unscrew itself, and frame screws may start to work themselves out.

I could be wrong, it could be an absolute winner - but that'll be more of a happy accident than any effort on behalf of the manufacturer.

I note that on the Browning website, the knives they bother to advertise look a bit more...artful in terms of blade design, and that where possible they put their logo on the ricasso or near the spine of the blade, rather than right in the middle of the cheek - if it is indeed a Browning endorsed product, I'm not sure it's one they're proud of :P

It looks like Browning started having a "premium" lines of knives around 2016? so it might be from before then.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:20:58 AM by Sea Monster »

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 02:50:55 AM
Browning has knives all over the price points, from $15 knives for department stores, all the way up to close to $100 high-end models. I'd be willing to bet this is one of the more inexpensive offerings you'd probably find in the sporting goods section of a store like Walmart or Tractor Supply Company.

sd Offline Andetto

Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 10:56:17 AM
Thanks everyone
Regards
Andetto

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99