Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need help ?? eBay.com to U.K. 528

No Life Club Posts: 3,069
Need help ?? eBay.com to U.K.
« on: August 24, 2020, 08:09:38 AM »
Sorry for posting this here mods.
Please feel free to move..... just that I needed to get as much attention as possible.

The eBay seller has only just replied with 9hrs to go!!

Listing on eBay.com

Would love to add this to my collection
Messaged the seller several days ago asking if he would post to the UK. He’s only just replied (literally minutes ago) saying he won’t. Fully understand and respect his view, but it leaves me stuck!!

Just wondering if anyone in the US could bid on my behalf and forward onto me?

Must stress absolutely no pressure from me, I’ll take full responsibility.

It’s a big ask I know

But I don’t have any family or friends over there to help.

Please pm me if you can assist.

Thanks

P.S I deliberately not listed what the item is as I know the forum attracts a lot of lurkers. Didn’t want to give myself even more competition - hope members understand.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 08:19:27 AM by tosh »

I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.
Hero Member Posts: 606 Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
Re: Need help ?? eBay.com to U.K.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 08:30:10 AM »
Hi Tosh,

I've done this before - the best way to do this is to bid on it yourself, but temporarily change your address to a US destination. Obviously you will need the co-operation of one MT's lovely US members to do this.  Once paid and delivered to the US address you can PayPal the shipping costs to that person to send it  :tu:

Sr. Member Posts: 488
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 11:11:30 PM »
It is sometimes possible to ask the seller to change listing so it doesn’t  feature the word ‘Knife’. I’ve done this with scales and it’s worked perfectly but it may of course not be quite so effective with and actual knife

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 09:14:32 AM »
It is sometimes possible to ask the seller to change listing so it doesn’t  feature the word ‘Knife’. I’ve done this with scales and it’s worked perfectly but it may of course not be quite so effective with and actual knife

I did ask him, also told him how high I was prepared to go and would pay extra for secure shipping to the UK

It sold for less.

I’ve had this happen several times previously, I’m not knocking the seller at all - in his shoes I would be wary too.....  especially now after I was scammed again (3rd time in 12 months) for over £1k. I haven’t bought anything since. Don’t know if I’ll go back now. eBay is a minefield these days. So many sellers either scamming or not listing issues/true condition.
Just too many and too frequent at the minute.
But thank you for offering up the advice, kind of you.  :salute:

No Life Club Posts: 2,412
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 06:48:25 PM »
Maybe if you can loosely describe the type of item(s) you go after, you might get more help.  :dunno:

I mean, if you’re interested I the same stuff I do, then I wouldn’t be much help.

And perhaps a prospective helper would need more info on shipping knives to the U.K.? Seems there might be legal issues.

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going
Hero Member Posts: 808
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 09:22:50 PM »
Can you use a parcel forwarding service? I've bought a few items on Ebay using one.

Rambler
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,004
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 10:32:35 PM »
Have you considered putting a WTB up in this forum for the item.  Maybe someone has one and is willing to sell/ship to UK?
Hero Member Posts: 693
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 05:16:12 AM »
Sorry this didn’t work out for you. If the seller had given you more notice I’m sure several US-based members would have been willing to help (myself included).

Out of curiosity, what was the knife?
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 11:08:02 PM »
Sorry for not replying sooner
I’m currently off work for 2wks. Was supposed to be holidaying in Portugal but COVID-19 put paid to that. No holiday and no refund!!
So de-cluttering my home. Just filled a 8t skip, another coming tomorrow....finally letting go of clutter!! Feels fantastic!!

The eBay listing I missed had been on my radar for several years. No worries. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise...
I told the seller I was happy to pay $600 plus secure shipping door to door. He completely ignored me.
I’m over it now.

But thanks for all the offers of help, really do appreciate that, thanks to everyone :tu:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 11:16:49 PM by tosh »

No Life Club Posts: 3,281
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 12:02:33 AM »
I knew it would be something from Wenger!
Never mind, Tosh, I am sure another set will roll around some time. I have the champagne coloured one, "Birth" (actually I bought two, one for me and one for my wife, round about the time we had our kid) The metal scales are really durable and even after quite a lot of pocket time over the years they still look great, if not pristine.
I need a skip as well. That paperless office thing never really happened for me...
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 12:44:22 AM »
I knew it would be something from Wenger!
Never mind, Tosh, I am sure another set will roll around some time. I have the champagne coloured one, "Birth" (actually I bought two, one for me and one for my wife, round about the time we had our kid) The metal scales are really durable and even after quite a lot of pocket time over the years they still look great, if not pristine.
I need a skip as well. That paperless office thing never really happened for me...
Am I that predictable  :facepalm:
I first saw this set around 2013?? If I remember correctly a member was wanting to sell. The price was more than this set sold for!! But back then I was spending so much trying to grab all those Rangers I just couldn’t afford it.
When I saw the eBay listing I contacted the seller to ask if he would post to the U.K. he didn’t reply until there was 9hrs left!!

Win some / lose some eh??

No Life Club Posts: 2,412
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 06:05:28 PM »
Cool knives!  And I certainly wouldn’t be in competition for Wenger stuff...but this price range would be outside of my comfort level for someone I don’t know pretty well. Even with say cleared funds transfer.

I think a forwarding service like Sawl mentioned might be your best bet.

Best of luck finding another set!

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,862 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 06:23:09 PM »
Sorry for not replying sooner
I’m currently off work for 2wks. Was supposed to be holidaying in Portugal but COVID-19 put paid to that. No holiday and no refund!!
So de-cluttering my home. Just filled a 8t skip, another coming tomorrow....finally letting go of clutter!! Feels fantastic!!

The eBay listing I missed had been on my radar for several years. No worries. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise...
I told the seller I was happy to pay $600 plus secure shipping door to door. He completely ignored me.
I’m over it now.

But thanks for all the offers of help, really do appreciate that, thanks to everyone :tu:

Sorry to hear about this. Have you made sure you can't get a refund? There were a lot of talk about his and I think that, even if you don't get a refund, you at least get a voucher, for the same value, to use next year.

It might be worth checking again.

:cheers: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $96.10
PayPal Fees: $5.60
Net Balance: $90.50
Below Goal: $209.50
Site Currency: USD