Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nitecore LR12 anyone got one of these - what do you think of it?

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
I've been eyeing up the Nitecore LR12 for a couple of weeks now, and I'm sorely tempted to buy one.

I have a couple of LA10s (which are a great product) that I use as camping and power outage lanterns, but I rather like the idea of a flashlight and lantern combined in that small package.  It would work well for me camping as it would be one less thing to carry.

Mild reservations that the wind-out lantern may be fragile (I suspect it would break if dropped) although the LA10s I have got are quite robust, they do have more support as they are fully enclosed and they are a bit smaller.

Any of you fellow flashlighters out there got one, and what do you make of it?

it Offline Stefano

Thanks for the post, I didn't know this product, I had seen the LR12 reviews but I didn't know the LR10.

I looked at the specifications and tried to see how much it costs (in Italy on Amazon LR12 costs 45 euros).
I don't know if I would like to have this product, it is certainly a brilliant idea but I think that in my case I would prefer to have two distinct products for lighting (flashlights and lantern)
I understand saving weight and space but when camping or hiking it would be good to have two lights if one fails.
My lantern experience is limited, I have had a Fenix ​​CL25R (1x 18650) lantern for years and I have a CL23R (3xAA) that will be delivered tomorrow(I am curious to see it)
I was very enthusiastic about the small Fenix ​​CL09 lantern, I bought 3 pieces of it, it is small, powerful and sold with 16340 rechargeable battery (battery with integrated micro-USB port)
It has a low cost (33 euro) and has 4 white light levels, two red light options + one green light.
The CL09 red light is both fixed and intermittent and has a power of 5 lumens (higher than the red light of competing products)
Look if the CL09 can be an option for you it can be a good light for tent, for home and for the backpack, I have used it a lot as a flashing red light hanging from the backpack.
It is very small, it fits well in a pocket or hung on a backpack, if I can I will give you a comparative photo later
Inside a room of about 12 square meters the CL09 levels of 30 and 80 lumens make an excellent light.
Even Fenix ​​with its lanterns has chosen the "duo" road with the CL23 (3xAA) and the CL26R (1x18650) they have 4 levels of white light, 1 additional level of white light (directional) and 2 levels of white light in operation torch (2 lumens and 25 lumens of power)
But I think the torch function on a lantern is a convenience but not a real option.
I hope I have given you some food for thought and that the translation is acceptable.

it Offline Stefano

Here is a photo from Fenix CL09
It weighs 57 g with battery and carabiner.
For comparison I put a Vic Waiter (84 mm)
I forgot to mention that CL09 has a magnetic base

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
Sorry I've been a bit slow replying - thank you for your thoughts guys, will check your ideas out  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%