Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just completed a blunt-nosed mixed color MP600 Faux Scout with pocket clip!

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
I used a saw blade from a different multitool, and filed the profile to match the MP600 lock bar. Added in the large flat driver, and now it's more useful than a real Pro Scout. (It has a wood saw AND a large flat driver, which the real pro scout is missing). I really like the color swapped MP600s, so of course I had to change around the handles. The Pocket Clip is from eBay - it's a titanium clip originally meant for a Zero Tolerance knife. I drilled and tapped the handle (with carbide bits) and attached the clip with 4-40 screws and locktite.

Parts came from various used MP600s and MP400s. This is about my perfect setup for an MP600. Blunt nosed, saw, scissors, file, and all the drivers.

Charles.
IMG_8420.jpg
* IMG_8420.jpg (Filesize: 356.62 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Nice job there, CC!  :drool: :tu:

I'm guessing we can call it the "Master Scout"; BTW, I like A LOT that color combo ( BO handles/chassis, silver tools)  8)
 :like: :like: :like:

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Nicely done :cheers:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Thanks! I like the black handles best too, but the inverse is still pretty good looking imo. This is one I’m still working on. It has the long awl from a sight tool in it right now, but I think I’m going to replace it with a saw.

Charles.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I used a saw blade from a different multitool, and filed the profile to match the MP600 lock bar. Added in the large flat driver, and now it's more useful than a real Pro Scout. (It has a wood saw AND a large flat driver, which the real pro scout is missing). I really like the color swapped MP600s, so of course I had to change around the handles. The Pocket Clip is from eBay - it's a titanium clip originally meant for a Zero Tolerance knife. I drilled and tapped the handle (with carbide bits) and attached the clip with 4-40 screws and locktite.

Parts came from various used MP600s and MP400s. This is about my perfect setup for an MP600. Blunt nosed, saw, scissors, file, and all the drivers.

Charles.

Oh, that's very, very nice indeed!  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Great job!!
Barry

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
There's one that a promotional products supplier (from the old Build Your Own series) lists that is black with a yellow frame--that is, perhaps, the best looking MP600 I've seen. But, their catalog doesn't list it, but the website does. It's got a lot of old stuff I don't think they have anymore.

Looks great! The clip is definitely better than a sheath for some uses. There is a factory BN MP600 Scout, but they are quite rare. I've only seen one.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Very nice job :clap: :clap: :clap:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%