Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Sheffield Utility Knife.

Offline Libertarian Man!

The Sheffield Utility Knife.
on: January 07, 2009, 01:10:45 AM
My take on it and IRWIN Blue Bi-metal utility knife blades. This has to be the best utility knife I've ever used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BmOljS0tzs

I've had mine for about a year and a half and it's been with me every single day. Only downside is the pocket clip appears to make a clicking noise against the frame of the knife.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Re: The Sheffield Utility Knife.
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:31:22 AM
Nice review! I actually am partial to them also. However the lowes one is also a Sheffield.
S

Offline Libertarian Man!

Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 02:37:45 AM
The one I've seen at Lowes are KOBALT brand, and would be perfect if it weren't for the stupid blade release that dulls the reccesed part of the blade while you're using it.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:50:47 PM
Mine is the exact same release as the one you have, but it holds 5 extra blades. Nice but chunky. But thats alright I am too!
S

Offline pocketgecko

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 08:15:09 PM
I have been using one of these as well.....great tool.
L

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 02:13:53 AM
I have 3 Lowes Kobalt utility knives and I absolutely love them. I have 2 of the big ones, one is the regular blue handled one and the other is the stainless steel one with rubber inserts. I like the stainless one but it weighs a lot more than the blue one so I usually end up with the blue one in my pocket. Here's a pic of each.

I haven't had any problem with them dulling the blade, I very much prefer the blade holding system on these versus the Sheffield(I own one of these too).

My third one is a small keychain model. If I'm just hanging around the house I usually have this one on me. It's also good for carrying when I'm dressed nice. It carries 5 extra blades in the handle which come in handy with the little blades. But it does handle most jobs surprisingly well.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Libertarian Man!

Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 03:08:59 AM
Hmm, I wonder if it was because I was using stanley heavy duty blades in a 100 pack. Snap-on makes a really snazzy folding utility knife that I'll probably get soon, it's 25 but it has a wheel lock, and I've heard good of those when it comes to blade retention.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 02:26:52 PM
If you are looking for the snap on look also at Craftsman. They actually seem to run the same knives and tools, but craftsman are 60 % less.
S

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $98.12
PayPal Fees: $5.09
Net Balance: $93.03
Below Goal: $206.97
Site Currency: USD