Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leather Combined Multitool/Light/Pen Sheaths (Nesshoo,newchic,taleofknives etc) 1283

Full Member Posts: 201
Leather Combined Multitool/Light/Pen Sheaths (Nesshoo,newchic,taleofknives etc)
« on: July 30, 2020, 01:06:15 PM »
Has anyone any experience of the combined Multitool, Pen and Flashlight sheaths shown below. I seem to be running into the same ones on my searches ranging from $18 at Newchic to $145 at Taleofknives.....all using exactly the same pictures.

Occasionally, if you hunt through the pics, there are some that look at little 'looser'.

If there's already a thread on these, point me to it, I couldnt find it :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:15:50 PM by nelson »

I wake up in the morning and piss excellence             (Talladega Nights)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,021 Smurf it!
Re: Leather Combined Multitool/Light/Pen Sheaths (Nesshoo,newchic,taleofknives etc)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 02:31:58 PM »
The Taleofknives gear is top quality, unfortunately they are being ripped off by Chinese manufacturers.

Lots of details on their IG feed  :tu: 

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Re: Leather Combined Multitool/Light/Pen Sheaths (Nesshoo,newchic,taleofknives etc)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 02:38:14 PM »
I'm not familiar with TOK products, but I'll check their feed out, the sheath is a nice form factor that I'd use.

Its always worth asking here though, as it can be the other way round with a (formerly) good  brand name slapped on a poor product. 

Still interested in hearing from anyone who has hands on views or pictures of the either product 

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,527
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »
No experience but if you think you might like to carry your gear this way maybe worth getting the cheap version just to see?  This way you can give it a test ride and see if gear on your belt works for you at a small investment. 

There is a thread on homemade sheaths that might inspire your creative side  :pok:.  In any case good luck  :tu:

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 1,588 4x4 since '74
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:11:05 PM »
Love the look of those sheaths.  But, I could not wear one comfortably because the tools above the belt line would poke me in the side.   :(

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 11:02:23 PM »
Taking Aloha’s suggestion, I ordered a cheap version over the weekend to see if I like the form factor and I’ll get a few pics up when I I’ve tried it out 👍🏼

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,527
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 03:45:03 PM »
 :tu: I hope you find a format that works for you. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 01:56:57 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/bVXfGHF

an honest review of the actual product :)

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,670 Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 06:52:05 PM »
That is terrible.  :rofl:

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles
No Life Club Posts: 4,079
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 11:00:36 PM »
That is terrible.  :rofl:

I don't know that it is terrible.

If someone here had a crack at some home leatherwork and made that, we'd consider it a fine thing.

It is, however, not what is advertised, and broadly, most people consider lying to be a bad thing.

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,968 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »

I don't know that it is terrible.

If someone here had a crack at some home leatherwork and made that, we'd consider it a fine thing.

It is, however, not what is advertised, and broadly, most people consider lying to be a bad thing.

Well, they'd be doing it to use it themselves, not to try and sell it using a photo they stole from someone else.

If they'd at least use a photo of the real sheath they're selling, maybe it wouldn't be so terrible.

:twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD