Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Spare Tools - now to upgrade!

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
SOG Spare Tools - now to upgrade!
on: November 26, 2020, 05:37:22 PM
You have to give credit for SOG's reuse of the same tools through multiple models. I was gifted a few spares today (and some nifty spanners), so now I need to decide which SOG to upgrade...  :popcorn:

I particularly like the rescue blade. It's a solid 2.0mm all the way to the chisel-ground wave serration that's razor-sharp. I have four SOGs, so now to decide which to upgrade.  :think:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline cody6268

Re: SOG Spare Tools - now to upgrade!
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 10:15:37 PM
The Rescue blade is near mythical.  I have seen it mentioned in the MTO Encyclopedia, and in the 3-4 years I've been buying SOGs, have seen maybe ONE for sale with that blade fitted. Looks a bit more effective. I have a PPP, a Paratool (both USA), and a bit newer Powerlock (probably imported), and can shuffle around tools as needed (except on the Powerlock, which is BO).

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 10:40:20 PM
It was rattling around at the bottom of a box at the SOG agent...next time I'm there, I may scratch some more  :cheers:

Its new home is in the Paratool, there was a nylon spacer so was an easy drop-in. I also swapped out the tiny flat driver for the small blade, as it's a nice size for little odd jobs that don't need a larger blade. Amazing tool density for this little MT. A little quirky, but hits way above its size category.  :tu:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 03:57:56 AM
Oh wow :o Great job on the modding, Max :tu: :like: SOG is a great company for making spare parts more accessible than any of the other companies :salute: Just wished I could get on with their MTs better than some of the other brands :ahhh

That Paratool is awlfully tempting though :drool: :dd: :like:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 06:02:28 PM
Thanks Poncho  :hatsoff:
Paratool a strange MT, but grows on you and a lot of tools for the size. Certainly a conversation starter.  :cheers:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 08:45:31 PM
Thanks Poncho  :hatsoff:
Paratool a strange MT, but grows on you and a lot of tools for the size. Certainly a conversation starter.  :cheers:

I once had to retrieve a screwdriver from underneath a mounted piece of equipment in mechatronics class. The only thing that would even fit in the place where it fell was the Paratool with the pliers angled about 45 degrees. That's another great thing about the Paratool--you can angle the pliers to fit into odd spots.   And in that class was two PSTs (one was mine; and the other PST was one of the first that was sold widely), a Gerber, and several traditional folders. And usually, I was carrying the PST II; and the Paratool I'd just picked up locally that week (knife store had a new-old-stock USA-made example).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%