Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My New Sog

Sean · 6 · 1322

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
My New Sog
on: January 07, 2009, 05:25:16 PM
Bought a Sog s69 yesterday.  Was out cutting some battery cable the thicker variety used on jumper cables.  I can't believe how well it chomps through that with minimal effort expended!  So smooth and effortless.  Amazing.
Was wondering though?  I see on the inside edge of one of the handles that there was a washer that was stuck to the side of it by some white grease.  Either they ship these tools with an extra washer or... one might be missing from the pliers?

Sean
sog 001.JPG
* sog 001.JPG (Filesize: 49.5 KB)
sog 002.JPG
* sog 002.JPG (Filesize: 61.55 KB)
sog 003.JPG
* sog 003.JPG (Filesize: 56.34 KB)

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Re: My New Sog
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 05:54:29 PM
not sure, it looks like it may slipped into the tool while they were putting it together....i guess you got a extra washer for "free" :D
A

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 05:57:06 PM
 If it's an "extra" hold on to it if you ever want to buy scissors for that tool.. If I remember correctly, you need an extra washer for the scissors..
B

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:57:42 PM
... I see on the inside edge of one of the handles that there was a washer that was stuck to the side of it by some white grease.  Either they ship these tools with an extra washer or... one might be missing from the pliers?

I found an extra washer (shim) stuck inside a Crescent ToolzAll Pro handle, too.  If all the individual tools open and close without wobbling, I wouldn't be concerned about it.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:12:28 PM
If it's an "extra" hold on to it if you ever want to buy scissors for that tool.. If I remember correctly, you need an extra washer for the scissors..

Ok will due.  I'll slide it inside a zip lock and file it in a safe place. With all due respect unless they re-design those current scissors I'd rather just put a spacer in the tool instead.  ;)
Lots seems to have been posted regarding those units and I have to admit I made 2 pinches on them in the store and said "do you have the tool with the v-cut?"

Ok thanks for the info fellas.  Come to think of it I noticed I had to tighten the one side containing the file up a bit with the 1/4 in bit.  Where are there suppose to be washers in this tool probably the edges for sure right?  Anywhere else?

thanks

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 06:51:44 PM
With all due respect unless they re-design those current scissors I'd rather just put a spacer in the tool instead.  ;)

A "V" cutter or serrated blade is a nice addition instead of the crappy scissors.
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21