Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

She thinks my tractors sexy 8304

No Life Club Posts: 1,083 Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Re: She thinks my tractors sexy
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2021, 07:10:32 AM »
N-series Valtra  with Florist on the bonnet:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by this axe I rule
No Life Club Posts: 2,761
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2021, 08:43:36 AM »
Wow, that’s a beast of a machine, OL!  :like: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 1,320 Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2021, 12:55:00 AM »
Wow, that’s a beast of a machine, OL!  :like: :like:

They are made in Finland, aren't they, Old Lefty? One thing I know about Finland, they don't bother with half measures.  :D

This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,176
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2021, 03:09:16 AM »
Nice one!

We have a  60HP Deere 5400. When he bought used hay equipment when he was into making hay for about 5-6 years, Granddad bought what he could afford. The New Holland equipment we bought at the time for the most part for what was on the large end of the mid-size utility tractor HP ratings; our tractor was on the low end of the recommended HP ratings recommended to run some of it, especially the baler. And ours is among the bigger tractors used by the smaller farmer. His brother, who ran a rather large farm ran 7800s. A friend of mine recently traded in his aging Deere and Case in favor of a much larger New Holland. Heck, the guy we sold the New Holland 845 we used (which produced larger bales than most other balers I've seen used) ended up having to buy a bigger tractor in order to use it--his biggest tractor was like a 50HP at the time.   In my opinion, if you've got serious implement use in mind, you're looking at at least 85-100HP. 60HP is great for general property maintenance, and our 38HP Deere 3038E is great for the barnyard, garden, and heavier yard-work jobs, in addition to (in the last year we made hay, the year we bought the 3038E) running smaller implements like hayrakes.

I picked up these two 1:43 scale Cursor (made in Germany) models of late '70s-early '80s Fendt tractors cheaply here recently. These were produced as promotional products for the company in 1977 (677, Fendt Favorit) and 1978 (478, Fendt Tool Carrier); going by the model numbers; which typically denote month and year the model was produced (not sure if it means commissioned or released). These were cheap, in near-mint condition, and from a US seller. Years ago, the AGCO website had very nicely adorned (with fancy screened graphics!) Massey Ferguson, Fendt, and Challenger Classic SDs. Never got a one, and I haven't seen them on the secondary market. There was also a Tourist produced about the same time these model tractors were made, which I don't have either. But, unlike the John Deere SAKs (usually hunter green Tinkers with printed yellow or white logos) these are much nicer.

The Favorit LS still has the original box (albeit, kinda tatty and the latching end of one of the flaps has been ripped off); and the Geratetrager (GT) has one or two microscopic paint chips, but that's it. All are hefty metal, feature Pirelli tires, and only cab roofs, some small trim pieces (exhaust stacks, interiors) and wheels are plastic. The only problem is that 1/43 is a weird scale to make a model tractor in. The drawbars fit my SIKU implements, but look weird due to the much larger scale of the typical SIKU tractor.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:08:10 AM by cody6268 »
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2021, 08:54:32 AM »
^ and ^^
Cool history and info, nice Fendt models too.
Jim the Brave, you're right Valtra (previously Valmet) is made in Finland but perhaps sadly owned by AGCO these days. This is also the reason why the motivational power under many Massey bonnets comes from this neck of the woods also  (Sisu diesel being part of the package).

Valmet was and Valtra still is an icon of just getting the job done, every weather, every day, everywhere down here with a quite active club for the older models (Wanhat Valmetit) of which I'm a member. Valmet's/Valtra's background as a local brand of course means that it was and is designed for local farming needs which used to differ from other market needs. Off-road/forestry usage being one that used to be very important for small farmers. But also that many perks and good things in offer from other brands were not available. Of course, fierce loyalty between owners was and still is there (my grandfather was Ford blue, my family - with little me rooting for Fiat and JD -  Valmet/Valtra yellow/red, one of my uncles flying Case/New Holland colours, whilst the other could not stop praising the super tractors from Germany ever since the big Deutch Fahrs got a proper service network and thus became more feasible, etc.), all in good spritited manner of course.

The N-series in that pic. is a compact size allrounder in the 135 - 201 hp range. It's not mine or ours, belongs to the local agricultural collage who is doing training work on a section some 400 meters from our front door so I just mosed over whilst walking the dog to shoot some breeze and to discuss the soil, as one does.

The older Valmets shown have been ours and the new nifty A-series* Valtra  earlier is my brothers new tool (for him, my father, his brothers and rest of the family these are tools, first and foremost, for me a bit of a hobby).

*A-series being the small/compact 75 - 135 hp range for light/medium general duty.

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:39:33 AM by old Lefty »

by this axe I rule
Hero Member Posts: 926 ♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2021, 05:51:28 PM »

exp((-(((x-4)^2+(y-4)^2)^2))/999)+exp((-(((x+4)^2+(y+4)^2)^2))/999)+0.1*exp(-(((x+4)^2+(y+4)^2)^2))+0.1*exp(-(((x-4)^2+(y-4)^2)^2))
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2021, 06:56:34 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Matching pair, spiffing!

by this axe I rule
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2021, 06:57:59 PM »
I picked up these two 1:43 scale Cursor (made in Germany) models of late '70s-early '80s Fendt tractors cheaply here recently. These were produced as promotional products for the company in 1977 (677, Fendt Favorit) and 1978 (478, Fendt Tool Carrier); going by the model numbers; which typically denote month and year the model was produced (not sure if it means commissioned or released). These were cheap, in near-mint condition, and from a US seller. Years ago, the AGCO website had very nicely adorned (with fancy screened graphics!) Massey Ferguson, Fendt, and Challenger Classic SDs. Never got a one, and I haven't seen them on the secondary market. There was also a Tourist produced about the same time these model tractors were made, which I don't have either. But, unlike the John Deere SAKs (usually hunter green Tinkers with printed yellow or white logos) these are much nicer.

The Favorit LS still has the original box (albeit, kinda tatty and the latching end of one of the flaps has been ripped off); and the Geratetrager (GT) has one or two microscopic paint chips, but that's it. All are hefty metal, feature Pirelli tires, and only cab roofs, some small trim pieces (exhaust stacks, interiors) and wheels are plastic. The only problem is that 1/43 is a weird scale to make a model tractor in. The drawbars fit my SIKU implements, but look weird due to the much larger scale of the typical SIKU tractor.

Nice, Cody. I remember seeing these in the book "Collecting Farm Toys of the World"

This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2021, 06:58:56 PM »
^ and ^^
Cool history and info, nice Fendt models too.
Jim the Brave, you're right Valtra (previously Valmet) is made in Finland but perhaps sadly owned by AGCO these days. This is also the reason why the motivational power under many Massey bonnets comes from this neck of the woods also  (Sisu diesel being part of the package).

Valmet was and Valtra still is an icon of just getting the job done, every weather, every day, everywhere down here with a quite active club for the older models (Wanhat Valmetit) of which I'm a member. Valmet's/Valtra's background as a local brand of course means that it was and is designed for local farming needs which used to differ from other market needs. Off-road/forestry usage being one that used to be very important for small farmers. But also that many perks and good things in offer from other brands were not available. Of course, fierce loyalty between owners was and still is there (my grandfather was Ford blue, my family - with little me rooting for Fiat and JD -  Valmet/Valtra yellow/red, one of my uncles flying Case/New Holland colours, whilst the other could not stop praising the super tractors from Germany ever since the big Deutch Fahrs got a proper service network and thus became more feasible, etc.), all in good spritited manner of course.

The N-series in that pic. is a compact size allrounder in the 135 - 201 hp range. It's not mine or ours, belongs to the local agricultural collage who is doing training work on a section some 400 meters from our front door so I just mosed over whilst walking the dog to shoot some breeze and to discuss the soil, as one does.

The older Valmets shown have been ours and the new nifty A-series* Valtra  earlier is my brothers new tool (for him, my father, his brothers and rest of the family these are tools, first and foremost, for me a bit of a hobby).

*A-series being the small/compact 75 - 135 hp range for light/medium general duty.

Lefty, I have a friend in Finland who has his grandfather's Cletrac model 20K from the 1920's.

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2021, 07:39:08 PM »
Lefty, I have a friend in Finland who has his grandfather's Cletrac model 20K from the 1920's.
I think I might know about the tractor you're talking about.
He had/has a webpage about it and Cletracs in general?

Those were clever machines. Became Olivers and eventually part of AGCO if memory serves.

by this axe I rule
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2021, 08:16:04 AM »
Sports car scaled Classic and JD 6400:

by this axe I rule
No Life Club Posts: 1,664
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2021, 01:53:26 PM »
 :like: :cheers: :tu:

All who wander are not lost..

It only take a little bit of sharp..
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2021, 03:13:33 PM »
I think I might know about the tractor you're talking about.
He had/has a webpage about it and Cletracs in general?

Those were clever machines. Became Olivers and eventually part of AGCO if memory serves.

Yes, he and I became internet friends many years ago. I believe it's the same man.

She thinks my tractors sexy
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2021, 08:00:27 AM »
Taco scaled Classic and 3130:

Same spot than yesterday, but silage has been cut and it is baling time

by this axe I rule
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2021, 02:27:11 PM »
 :like: :cheers:

« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2021, 07:07:24 AM »
One more of the dynamic JD duo:

by this axe I rule
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2021, 01:45:28 PM »

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2021, 03:16:04 PM »
Taco scaled Classic and 3130:

Same spot than yesterday, but silage has been cut and it is baling time

The 3130 is a model that was never sold new in the U.S.

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2021, 08:37:03 PM »
^
Interesting, I did not know that. Kinda makes sense, it being a Mannheim build (and designed?) model. I thought I saw one in Montreal area long ago, but was probably mistaken if only available in Europe

by this axe I rule
Tractors
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2021, 02:23:58 AM »
^
Interesting, I did not know that. Kinda makes sense, it being a Mannheim build (and designed?) model. I thought I saw one in Montreal area long ago, but was probably mistaken if only available in Europe

You probably did see one in Canada. Canada is not the US.... They sold many Manheim models in Canada that were not available in the US. However, some of them migrated over the border when sold as preowned goods, over the years. Some Manheim models were, and are sold in the US. Some were made in Manheim primarily for the US market. (I think).

« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »
One more of the 3130, cabin and SwissCard:

by this axe I rule
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2021, 02:28:05 PM »

Hero Member Posts: 931
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2021, 05:56:54 PM »

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2021, 06:59:24 PM »
^
Cool big Zetor!
Looks like some new body parts there as well, nice!

by this axe I rule
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2021, 02:30:29 PM »

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2021, 09:03:53 AM »
June issue of Classic Tractor has an article about Valtra Mega series:

by this axe I rule
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »
I met another vintage Zetor during my walks through Czechia  :whistle:

« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2021, 07:51:04 AM »
^
Like the looks of the cab. Seems like lots of space and good visibility!

by this axe I rule
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2021, 12:42:19 PM »
Another 60's beauty working a few hudred meters from Czech - Austrian border.

« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2021, 02:03:42 PM »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
December Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Dec 31