Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[WITHDRAWN] WTT Delica 4 (FFG/VG-10) for SAK or Buck

Offline wdjcb

[WITHDRAWN] WTT Delica 4 (FFG/VG-10) for SAK or Buck
on: August 12, 2020, 05:13:53 AM
Having moved from the city to the country, my EDC needs have changed. Looking to trade my Spyderco Delica 4 (FFG VG-10 with Black FRN handle) for tools that are more useful to me on the farm and in the woods.

The Delica was my EDC. Edge is in good shape, though there are a lot of cosmetic scuffs/scratches on the sides of the blade, and the paint has worn off the clip. Would make a great companion to a Leatherman for EDC. They’re selling for $84 new right now; I’m calling this a C and valuing it at $55. I have pics I can send on request (tried to post them, but couldn't get it to work).

I’m particularly interested in trading for any of the following provided they are in good shape:

Buck 112 Ranger (I prefer the regular wood/brass handle, no frills)
SAK One Hand Trekker (with plain edge knife, not serrated)
SAK/Wenger Rangergrip 78
A couple of useful SAK Alox’s (not particularly interested in collectors’ colors, just useful tools—the Farmer comes to mind as does the Harvester, maybe one of those paired with something thinner?)
Cash (for me to buy one of the above :-)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:48:13 PM by Poncho65 »

Offline Time22

Re: WTT Delica 4 (FFG/VG-10) for SAK or Buck
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 05:55:20 AM
PM’d

Offline wdjcb

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 03:31:26 PM
Update:

Figured out how to shrink the pictures so they'd fit within the upload limit. Pic's 1 and 2 show both sides of the knife open to show the whole knife. Pic 3 is a closeup of one side in good light to show what the blade looks like in normal lighting. For Pic 4, I used the flash to reflect back any imperfections so that you can see where they are, even if they don't all show up in normal lighting The forum limit is 4 pics, but I can send other pic's upon request.

On close inspection, I found that it does have a few small spots of what looks like rust. Nothing major, as you can see. I'll have a go at buffing these out. But I'll also drop the value/price to $50.

Also, thought of some more tools that would be useful to me for a trade:

SAK Locksmith
SAK Forester
Wenger Rangergrip 79
Anything with a similar toolset (plain edge blade and wood saw a must; OHO preferable but not necessary; size is flexible, but 93mm is the lower limit; scales should be Alox, Nylon, and/or wood)

Delica Pic 1.jpg
* Delica Pic 1.jpg (Filesize: 179.36 KB)
Delica Pic 2.jpg
* Delica Pic 2.jpg (Filesize: 179.27 KB)
Delica 3.jpg
* Delica 3.jpg (Filesize: 205.15 KB)
Delica 4.jpg
* Delica 4.jpg (Filesize: 160.25 KB)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 03:46:36 PM by wdjcb »

Offline wdjcb

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 10:26:11 PM
PM’d

I got your PM and tried to PM you back a couple times, but for some reason it doesn't look like it's going through. I posted pics above--feel free to PM me and let me know if you're still interested and/or if you'd like any more pics (limit was 4 pics on the forum so I tried to be representative).

Offline wdjcb

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 08:29:52 PM
Mods please withdraw. Thanks!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85