Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Thrunite ti3 mode memory?

Pop · 8 · 1126

us Offline Pop

Thrunite ti3 mode memory?
on: May 27, 2020, 08:31:59 PM
I'm looking at the ti3s because I want a cheap light that starts on firefly mode. Anyone know if the current version has next mode memory or not? Looks like they've changed the UI a couple of times.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Re: Thrunite ti3 mode memory?
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 02:29:04 AM
I hope not, I like how my Ti3 starts on the 0.05 lumen setting every time. I used to have a Fenix E05 on my keys, but I changed to the Thrunite in neutral white and love it.

Just looked at the website, does appear that with the V2 it now has memory function and starts on previously used mode  >:(
If you don't want memory I'd try and find a V1
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:38:42 AM by TazzieRob »

us Offline William

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 09:41:55 PM
I found out the hard way. I wanted one in titanium assuming it had the same UI as my old (still working) Ti3. Not only did it have memory but it was next-mode-memory. Turn off on med and it would come on next on high. Never new what it would come on at. I contacted them as this was not in the description at the time. The admitted that it was in error and should indicate memory. They danced around the NMM thing though I returned it them later bought another because I loved the Ti body and had it modded (hot rodded and fully programmable). Now it is my favorite pocket carry light. It has a low-low, although not FF, and a very high output (around 500 lumens) on an Efest 10440 IMR battery. I had a warm led installed also at 3000k.I pretty much only use the lower settings.
I guess the bottom line is you will not be totally sure which version you would be getting. I wouold guess the alluminum version is a standard memory lilght.
My Ti:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 12:03:45 AM
On mine, if you turned it off less than 10 seconds ago it uses next mode memory. Beyond 10 seconds, it starts on firefly.
That's most likely not how the current version works, as mine is from 2015/16 and has a XP-G2 LED, not whatever they're using now.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 02:26:12 AM
I found out the hard way. I wanted one in titanium assuming it had the same UI as my old (still working) Ti3. Not only did it have memory but it was next-mode-memory. Turn off on med and it would come on next on high. Never new what it would come on at. I contacted them as this was not in the description at the time. The admitted that it was in error and should indicate memory. They danced around the NMM thing though I returned it them later bought another because I loved the Ti body and had it modded (hot rodded and fully programmable). Now it is my favorite pocket carry light. It has a low-low, although not FF, and a very high output (around 500 lumens) on an Efest 10440 IMR battery. I had a warm led installed also at 3000k.I pretty much only use the lower settings.
I guess the bottom line is you will not be totally sure which version you would be getting. I wouold guess the alluminum version is a standard memory lilght.
My Ti:
(Image removed from quote.)

How did you mod the program?

us Offline William

Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 09:33:09 PM
How did you mod the program?

I didn't do it myself. I have zero talent in that area.
I sent it to Vinh at Sky Lumens.It is basically just a Thrunite host with all new insides on copper. It will only run on 10440s and has somethig like 20 program options. I run it with 6 outputs at 1,5,15,50,70 and 100%. Most times the first 2 or 3 levels are enough.
Needless to say it was pricey but I liked the body so much, I said, what the hey.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 03:33:55 AM
Looks like there is another option. The Nitefox Mini K3 appears to be a V1 Thrunite Ti3, and cheapoer too!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 09:09:32 AM
Looks like there is another option. The Nitefox Mini K3 appears to be a V1 Thrunite Ti3, and cheapoer too!
Maybe I should get one of those to be a backup for my Ti3! :ahhh
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56