Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sak mode question

gr Offline mastoras

Sak mode question
on: August 23, 2020, 10:03:23 AM
Hello again friends. Last days i am trying to mod an esee stainless izula. I am making olive wood handles to fit good on the knifes ring tail and i am polishing the tool itself. At the end i will also make a leather sheath so the tool looks more like a hunting one. My question is about a sakmode i always wanted. I like to know if the original victorinox magnifying lens fits good on a layer with the wengers nail clip (from nailclip 580). All that on a 91 vicrorinox frame but it would be good also on a wenger 85 frame. Thanks again for all the answers that you gave me , most of all when you said that most difficult thing on modifying its the start and i should not be afraid. Have a nice day and get a good sunday, Good morning mates

gr Offline mastoras

Re: Sak mode question
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 10:06:16 AM
By the way i am speaking for the old magnifying lens model of victorinox with the grey plastic around

Offline ComboTool

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 02:10:58 PM
I just looked at it and it doesn't seem easy. The nail clip might fit length-wise if you shorten the pivot end, but I don't know if it can be made to work with a 91mm pivot/backspring. And since it's much thicker than the magnifier you'd need an empty layer next to it.

gr Offline mastoras

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 03:48:48 PM
Thanks for answering :) It sounds hard mod indeed. I am interested for a tool combination of having magni lens and nailclip  on a simple victorinox compact model. If it can be done with a dremel maybe i am on the correct way. And again have a nice day 30 celsius outside here

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%