Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The "BIG" stuff

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
The "BIG" stuff
on: September 01, 2020, 03:58:04 AM
I need your help. I always liked the big saks (like OHT) the 111mm and bigger ones. I had a giant one but I can't remember (or find it) which was like twice as big as my OHT, any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? I want more than just a blade but not a ton of  "Champion" tools in it, just some basics.

miss you guys  ;)

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Re: The "BIG" stuff
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 04:08:05 AM
I need your help. I always liked the big saks (like OHT) the 111mm and bigger ones. I had a giant one but I can't remember (or find it) which was like twice as big as my OHT, any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? I want more than just a blade but not a ton of  "Champion" tools in it, just some basics.

miss you guys  ;)

So it's the 130mm Rangergrip series you're looking for if you want the longer ones.  They're longer than the OHT and have a couple of additional tools... Pliers, or scissors or a serrated blade... But not everything.

If you want the the tools that are the same length as the OHT but have more tools, it's the Outrider, Workchamp, etc that you're after. 

There's a chart on this thread that might help. https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,77112.msg2143771.html#msg2143771

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: The "BIG" stuff
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 04:17:42 AM
My users are the Fireman and Outrider (both two-hand opening) at present. The Fireman's belt cutter is more needed when working, and for EDC the scissors and small Phillips screwdriver are more needed. I have a 2008 Soldier, but need to put the scales back on. I wrecked the blade sharpening out serrations (which I, in retrospect, should NOT have done) and put the scales on a slide-lock Alpineer which I wanted to make into a slipjoint.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%