Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I said I wasn't doing it again but then I did a wallet anyway

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Let's face it, I'm not a wallet guy, I don't like to carry them and I don't like to make them. When making them I find them to be very unforgiving. To big, the cards fall out and if you make them to tight.. It won't work.

I carry a notebook with me almost everywhere and one evening the "almost" hit me and I started to think about it. I don't have it with me to the gym, when climbing or when I go out. When training it's bulky and when out at a bar or a show I don't want to loose it.

I don't remember if I saw a YouTube video about a very small notebook/wallet design first or I belive it was JR who got a really small notebook. Anyway, I thought I could give it a try and one night after a couple of drinks I thought I would make a ruff design to test.

I made it to short and had to cut my wallet in to two and put a hinge on it but little did I know that I had finally done a wallet I don't mind carrying. I love it and my ruffcut became my final.

It's made from very light goat leather and I think it will age very nice I'm about a month in to using it. I found the note book on etsy, the fisher space pen bullet was from before and it holds three cards. My gym card, extra debt card and when needed to my driver's license.

20230726_090730.jpg
* 20230726_090730.jpg (Filesize: 238.58 KB)

20230726_090734.jpg
* 20230726_090734.jpg (Filesize: 233.2 KB)

20230726_090742.jpg
* 20230726_090742.jpg (Filesize: 263.86 KB)

20230726_090759.jpg
* 20230726_090759.jpg (Filesize: 249.85 KB)

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Very practical and not too big.  I like the buff color with the blue stitching.  A lot.  Best wishes Gary

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
 :hatsoff: thank you!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
I also like the contrasts in leather and stitching.  Nice touch for the pen.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline variable

Nice design, very practical well executed. 

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Nicely done, kottscrapa.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Nice design, very practical well executed. 

Thanks! I think so too

Nicely done, kottscrapa.

Thanks!

I also like the contrasts in leather and stitching.  Nice touch for the pen.   :like:

Thanks! I lost the pen once and didn't want to do it again and this way I know where it is

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Very nice! My wallet is similar, two card slots (which can hold two cards but I carry three), a fold for cash, a spot for the smallest Moleskin volat and a pen slot I put a space pen into. Makes for a fantastic wallet and great leatherwork as always!
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Very nice! My wallet is similar, two card slots (which can hold two cards but I carry three), a fold for cash, a spot for the smallest Moleskin volat and a pen slot I put a space pen into. Makes for a fantastic wallet and great leatherwork as always!

Thanks!

Did you make it yourself of bought it? Sound very similar to the one a saw in YouTube and got inspired from

• No Life Club
Thanks!

Did you make it yourself of bought it? Sound very similar to the one a saw in YouTube and got inspired from

My girlfriend got it for me for my birthday in '18, aging wonderfully. From an Etsy store called Gentleman Revival:

Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
My girlfriend got it for me for my birthday in '18, aging wonderfully. From an Etsy store called Gentleman Revival:

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks beautiful! That's actually the one I got inspired from and took some of the design  :whistle:

• No Life Club
Looks beautiful! That's actually the one I got inspired from and took some of the design  :whistle:

...Wait my wallet specifically or someone else with the same one?  :ahhh

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Re: I said I wasn't doing it again but then I did a wallet anyway
Reply #12 on: August 01, 2023, 08:35:15 AM
...Wait my wallet specifically or someone else with the same one?  :ahhh

I saw a video from the maker showing off a few different models and the one you have (same model) got me thinking and was in the back of my head when I made mine

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: August 01, 2023, 11:21:11 AM
I saw a video from the maker showing off a few different models and the one you have (same model) got me thinking and was in the back of my head when I made mine

They're really talented, I had a card holder from them too, which I, unfortunately, seem to have misplaced!

I hope the form factor works out for you!

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2023, 01:26:50 PM
Thought I would give a small update

I have been using the wallet everyday since I made it and one sweaty summer and a lot of time in the gym (both regular and climbing) I thought it would be a bit darker by now but the look are starting to be what I hoped for. It's really soft leather and it's holding up better than I could hope for. The notebook has seen some use but what really did the trick are the penholder and I use that every single day.

I had to resize the pics and hopefully the quality won't be that bad

20231201_131717.jpg
* 20231201_131717.jpg (Filesize: 152.45 KB)

20231201_131744.jpg
* 20231201_131744.jpg (Filesize: 150.31 KB)

20231201_131815.jpg
* 20231201_131815.jpg (Filesize: 139.92 KB)

20231201_131831.jpg
* 20231201_131831.jpg (Filesize: 143.67 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #15 on: December 01, 2023, 01:49:52 PM
Nice, my wife got me this set like 10yrs ago from saddleback, the only thing is I stopped caring the walled cause it was full of stuff I just didn’t need, unlike the I.d. Holder which was perfect for the must haves, it’s still getting broken in after 10yrs,,
JR

* IMG_2746.jpg (Filesize: 34.23 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: December 12, 2023, 10:01:05 AM
Nice, my wife got me this set like 10yrs ago from saddleback, the only thing is I stopped caring the walled cause it was full of stuff I just didn’t need, unlike the I.d. Holder which was perfect for the must haves, it’s still getting broken in after 10yrs,,
JR

Looks like a nice wallet and leather just keeps getting better with use

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21