Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Plumbing help much needed

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Plumbing help much needed
on: September 11, 2020, 08:33:28 PM
Hi, I had a new boiler fitted at the start of the year and soon after (days) found the drain cock they drained down from was leaking. They sent someone out who apparently repaired it.

The drain cock in question is located in a void in the wall behind my freezer. Anyway last week I discovered the drain cock was still leaking and got a family friend in to replace it. He drained down the central heating system, replaced the part and then refilled the system. Fast forward a few days later when my central heating is on two of my radiators have a noisy dripping, trickling sound coming from them. The radiators are red hot and I tried bleeding them and no air came out of them.

Today the friend of the family came back on a motorbike so no tools and also tried bleeding them and again no air came out just water.

I don’t think he knows what hat the problem is but is coming back tomorrow with his aqua vacuum  and is going to open the bleed valve and put his vacuum over the bleed point to see if it will help.

Any plumbers please watch the vid and all ideas welcome. Thanks in advance. 

https://youtu.be/UBhZ98Ws_38
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Plumbing help much needed
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 08:50:35 PM
What’s the system? It kinda sounds like it’s trying to gas ignite, at the same time it sounds like the metal is expanding from the heat, any other pics?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 09:03:51 PM
It’s just a normal boiler with tanks in the loft. The boiler seems to be running ok. All the radiators  are heating up ok it’s just the dripping sound coming from the two radiators. One Upstairs in the bedroom and the other in the hallway downstairs below the bedroom. What pictures would help?
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 09:06:20 PM
The really fast ticking sound above the sloshing water sound is my electricity fuse board that is mounted directly above the radiator.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 11:43:25 PM
Sorry, we had a appointment,
If that really fast tick hasn’t got anything to do with it then it sounds like air is moving through your lines, somehow is not bleeding, there should be a scoop valve around the boiler so every time air passes through it catches it and then another little valve on top that spits it out,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 06:27:17 PM
Ok, thanks for your help, sounds like it is not an issue I should be overly concerned about. I

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 08:51:27 PM
Ok, thanks for your help, sounds like it is not an issue I should be overly concerned about. I
No, air moving through the system isn’t something to be concerned of, just really annoying hearing it hit the elbows, if your systems are the same there should be a setup similar to this, that can has a rubber dome like a balloon which you can add pressure on the bottom, but that absorbs the shock of the system, at the same time that scoop valve (the one attached to the pipes) allows the air in and scoops the air up since it raises, it then goes to that next valve that only allows air out of the system to be released out the top, check on the top of that valve cause there might be a cap on it like on a bike tire, and it might not be allowing the air out,, just a thought..
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 09:12:48 PM
Yup, my valves turned out to be closed a few weeks ago after we changed the threeway valve.
Opened them up and after a short time, all remaining bubbles were gone.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%