Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Is The Longest...............

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
What Is The Longest...............
on: September 18, 2020, 03:33:25 AM
What is the longest straight pin that you're able to fit into the scale of your SAK?

The one that I measured was a #20 size. It does appear the scale may be capable of accepting a #24 size pin,maybe even a #28.

Has any member tried a longer than factory pin?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 03:54:38 AM by toolguy »
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Re: What Is The Longest...............
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 09:56:36 AM
From what I can measure on my sapphire Huntsman, a pin with a length of 38mm from the underside of the head to the tip should fit. No idea what size that actually is in pins, though

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Re: What Is The Longest...............
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 11:30:11 PM
From what I can measure on my sapphire Huntsman, a pin with a length of 38mm from the underside of the head to the tip should fit. No idea what size that actually is in pins, though

Rob thanks for your response.I arrived home this morning and removed a scale.My measurement coincides with yours,38mm.

The factory supplies a straight pin that measures about 32mm,#20 pin and our measurement indicate the scale will accept a 38mm,#24 pin.So I will be ordering some #24 pins for my Vic.replacement parts kit.

Thanks again.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%