Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nor exactly a SAK - badge bid

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Nor exactly a SAK - badge bid
on: September 17, 2020, 06:07:23 PM
I hope those who have followed me during the challenges earlier this year will indulge me, and apologies if this is not the correct forum for air guns, but I couldn’t see which was. Anyhow, you will have seen how my SAKs have assisted in adjusting scopes on my trusty old Weihrauch HW90, and you can see that although I’m no expert shot, I can get decent groups of 10 at 15 metres, my preferred distance for ratting when the little blighters start invading my neighbourhood (all of whom are grateful for what I do as it means we don’t use poison and endanger the rest of the wildlife which we all love to see) every Spring and Autumn. Well, time to ring the changes as some rats despite being shot move off into another garden before I can reload the break barrel HW90, so I ordered an FX Impact Mk II in .22 several months ago, but today, glory be, it has arrived! So I’ve had a fun day attaching the scope, zeroing, and just wading through the best part of half a tin of pellets - well it flatters me into being a demon shot! MT latest SAK, an OC Pioneer, will do duty on the bottles I plan to celebrate with! Hopefully this will qualify me for the air gun user badge..... Cheers everyone  :cheers:

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Nor exactly a SAK - badge bid
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:19:01 PM
Great narrative to go with the nice pics.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 07:22:14 PM
^^
The HW90 looks classic! FX on the other hand very, very tacticool!

Good luck with your ratting!

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
by this axe I rule

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:53:39 PM
Thanks Sos24 and old Lefty! :hatsoff: Can’t wait till tomorrow and re-verify the scope!

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 03:10:14 PM
Yay, I see I've got the badge - many thanks Mods!  Once I can escape from the computer in a couple of hours time, I'll have to crack open a few Old Peculiers this evening with the OC Pioneer - cheers!  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 03:11:09 PM
I like the looks of both rifles.  Happy sniping.  Badge awarded.

We had lot of coyotes in my area that did a good job at keeping pests to a minimum.  There were also several feral cats that aided as well.  Over the years the coyotes moved on as more and more horse ranches popped up and land was developed.  Neighbors remembers a time when they'd see coyotes walking down the street back into the hills. 
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 03:13:37 PM
Thanks, Aloha - must have been cool to see coyotes walking down the street, the best we get here is foxes!  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 03:21:13 PM
They can be intimidating to see.  I was taking my dog out when I see a large coyote approx 25 ft or so ( certainly felt close ) gorgeous animal btw, it stopped and looked at me, then trotted across 4 lanes of road up a small embankment and in one effortless hop onto a wall then over it. 

The horse ranches plow and the farm owners also plow so we get all the critters scurrying into our neighborhood.  We've dispatched several field mice already.  We've now got a pair of opossum in the area.  I've heard and seen them in the wee hours of the morning raiding my avocado tree.  They don't eat much, rather they nibble a bit and move on  :rant:.  I'd love to dispatch both as nuisance critters. 
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 08:30:48 AM
So this is where this thread belongs, thanks for re-homing it! Thankfully wildlife pests are limited to rats where I live, though some would also class grey squirrels as vermin - they’re the only squirrels round here (I have to go to the Isle of Wight to see reds, long gone from Hampshire sadly) - and they tend to leave my vegetables and fruit alone (unlike the blackbirds which need nets to keep them out) but they do bury peanuts all over the place! :facepalm:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 12:22:55 PM
Nice rifles.  :hatsoff:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 08:49:07 AM
Thanks, Chako! :salute: I’m amazed by the accuracy of a PCP after using springers/gas-rams - just need to finish off the ranging for spots in my garden before the autumn influx of rats......

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 12:03:00 PM
I do not have a PCP in my collection as of yet, mostly springers, and CO2s
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99