Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Winter Magic X Owners Club 6898

Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,984 Aggressive in defence
Re: Winter Magic X Owners Club
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2021, 10:36:17 AM »
It’s where Vic UK fulfil their orders from - it’ll be interesting to see what happens post Brexit, now doubt I’ll find out soon if the 2021 LEs get issued on the 18th January this year......

Yes it will be interesting to see if they apply custom charges
No Life Club Posts: 2,422
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2021, 10:45:17 AM »
Or double VAT - at source at 16% and again at 20% at import..... Whatever happens it’s bound to take longer, unfortunately.....
Jr. Member Posts: 95
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2021, 12:58:13 PM »
If you ordered through Victorinox UK, then I reckon the price stated is the price you pay. Victorinox will have added the 20% UK VAT at time of sale and will clear goods through customs, maybe as part of a larger consignment.

I think the big difference for us in the UK will be private purchases from individuals in the EU, subject to some value thresholds.

I think there are three main cases:

1. EU business (with UK VAT registration number) to UK consumer. Not much change UK VAT included in UK selling price and collected at point of sale.
2. EU business (without UK VAT registration) to UK consumer. Some change, local selling price will have local VAT, this should be taken off for export and will be collected @20% on import to the UK together with Royal Mail or others' handling charges. I've had a small parcel delivered from Germany that was zero rated for export. It just turned up without delay or further payment probably due to its low value.
3. EU private seller to UK private buyer. Big change here. There were no additional charges, now, 20% UK VAT will be charged at point of import into the UK together with Royal Mail or others' handling charges. I'm guessing the future experience will be similar to that experienced to date with the likes of sellers in the USA, Canada, etc.

That's my assumption, but we'll see.

Ps. In the case of 2, maybe 3, if the transaction is facilitated by an on-line market place like Ebay (obviously not in the case of SAKS) or Etsy then I think the platform will apply and collect any UK VAT rather than HMRC on import. Lot's of change, there were changes to VAT rules in the pipeline that coincided with the end of the Brexit transition period.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 02:17:01 PM by SAKTaschenmesser »
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2021, 01:07:16 PM »
Inclined to agree with you, but the process will be slower for sure, not that Jubilee MC needs much encouragement in that area - bit of a Bermuda Triangle - last package from Switzerland vanished from the tracking, and suddenly appeared here today (tracking still shows it in Jubilee MC!)!

Day 5

:mail: Package from Switzerland arrived, Garant main blade on opening duty, a very mice condition M61 Soldier dated 1963 to add to my Soldier collection - just one more to find to complete my set!

« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2021, 01:09:13 PM »
Oops meant to put second bit in another thread, d’oh! :facepalm:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,103 \o/
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2021, 01:21:28 PM »
No problem, it's a very nice SAK! :drool:

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »
Cheers, Reinier! :cheers:
No Life Club Posts: 1,373
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2021, 08:08:47 PM »
I 100% missed the boat on this knife. I joined a tech start up early in the year and was doing the usual start up grind most of 2020. Took some time off at Christmas, started looking through some knife stuff, and found I had just slept through all the announcements of one of the most interesting alox knives of the last 10 years! Started looking around in panic mode for one at retail at all the usual places and they were ALL gone. Only thing coming up was $180 versions from the scalpers on eBay. Ugh. Then I found an eStore in France (Maison Berthier) that said they still had some in stock. Ordering from an unknown store in a language I don't speak. At Christmas. From Europe to the US. During a global pandemic. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, I took a chance and got the knife shipped for about $85. Placed the order 23 Dec and - no lie - had the knife in hand on the 27th. All credit to Maison Berthier and DHL - they crushed it on this one. I get to join the club!

« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2021, 08:17:49 PM »
Jazzbass really glad it worked out well for you
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,648
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:13 PM »
Awesome!! :2tu:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,150
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2021, 08:43:00 PM »

Well, I took a chance and got the knife shipped for about $85. Placed the order 23 Dec and - no lie - had the knife in hand on the 27th. All credit to Maison Berthier and DHL - they crushed it on this one. I get to join the club!

Glad you were able to get one jazzbass! :cheers:

I think it is one of the best Limited Edition SAKs they have made. :D

That was amazingly fast delivery time too!
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,103 \o/
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2021, 08:43:11 PM »
Congrats jazzbass on getting one after all :) I bought some SAKs from the same store a couple of weeks ago and all went very smoothly.

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
No Life Club Posts: 1,163 The Spirit of Central Asia
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2021, 09:42:27 PM »
And finally a good ending to your search quest, jazzbass.

This Pioneer X is very special. Like the texture of its scales.
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2021, 10:20:57 PM »
Excellent news, jazzbass!  :woohoo:
Newbie Posts: 15
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2021, 10:10:39 AM »
I’ve joined the club, placed an order today my Winter Magic should be here next week.
I held off until now but could not resist any longer after scrolling this post again.
Cheers Paul
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2021, 10:19:15 AM »
I’ve joined the club, placed an order today my Winter Magic should be here next week.
I held off until now but could not resist any longer after scrolling this post again.
Cheers Paul

That’s great news and welcome to the club. I can’t bring myself to carry mine yet because it’s so nice
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,648
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2021, 10:26:00 AM »
That’s great news and welcome to the club. I can’t bring myself to carry mine yet because it’s so nice
That's why I got 2 :rofl:
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2021, 10:45:27 AM »
Couldn’t afford 2, so I put mine into a microfibre bag to keep it safe when I carry it- they are a wonderment!
Hero Member Posts: 956
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2021, 03:40:33 PM »
Couldn’t afford 2, so I put mine into a microfibre bag to keep it safe when I carry it- they are a wonderment!

Just make sure you never get it out or actually use it and you will be golden!
Hero Member Posts: 956
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2021, 03:41:50 PM »
That's why I got 2 :rofl:

I did that as well, but when the second one arrived, I thought: wow, this one is too nice to use...  :facepalm:
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 25,312
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2021, 04:31:44 PM »
I totally get that ^^  especially on this wonderful SAK

Esse Quam Videri
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,150
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2021, 04:49:48 PM »
Cheers Paul

Good choice paul! :cheers:

The Winter Magic X is one of the best limited edition SAKs Victorinox has made. :D
No Life Club Posts: 1,663
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2021, 08:43:13 PM »
Tools.. Not Jewels..  :drink:

All who wander are not lost..

It only take a little bit of sharp..
New User Posts: 1
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2021, 02:08:04 AM »
This is the only Victorinox club I wanted to join but unfortunately I found out about it a few months too late. I see it's for sale in a few other countries but the only places with a reasonable price for me don't ship to the USA. If any of you decide you hate being in the club and want to part with your magical knife, please let me know and I'll make sure you profit, although you won't profit as much as those mean scalpers on eBay.  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
July Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: $103.19
PayPal Fees: $6.56
Net Balance: $96.63
Below Goal: $203.37
Site Currency: USD
32%