Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

30 Day Challenges for 2021 5237

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,187

Nix us

Re: 30 Day Challenges for 2021
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2020, 10:07:20 PM »
 :2tu:

heterodox, not in the box
No Life Club Posts: 2,336
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2020, 11:54:41 PM »
And on Sunrise
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks Steve  :tu:
Got it! Can see it now, obviously would’ve helped if I’d looked at an edited post  :facepalm:

Nix us

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2020, 01:35:36 AM »
I haven't seen a SwissChamp challenge for a while.....

Anyone interested in a 'Champ challenge in......March (if you don't have a Giant).....or.....hey.....November is open...... A November SwissChamp challenge might be fun.............  :dunno:

What say ye?

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2020, 05:51:11 AM »

Anyone interested in a 'Champ challenge in......March (if you don't have a Giant).....or.....hey.....November is open...... A November SwissChamp challenge might be fun.............  :dunno:

What say ye?
Maybe :dunno: but tbh not if it’s the only carry I’m allowed, EDC in DEC had taught me you just can’t be carrying too much weight in elastic waisted shorts :ahhh
Happy if it has to be main user, post daily pics etc but out of the house something a bit lighter is only option at this time of year.
TBH I’ve never put mine through it’s paces so would make sense to give it some use
Hero Member Posts: 769 Brick Bradford of multitool universe
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2020, 12:05:41 PM »

What say ye?
Sounds like fun!

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

Nix us

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2020, 03:49:32 PM »
Maybe :dunno: but tbh not if it’s the only carry I’m allowed, EDC in DEC had taught me you just can’t be carrying too much weight in elastic waisted shorts :ahhh
Happy if it has to be main user, post daily pics etc but out of the house something a bit lighter is only option at this time of year.
TBH I’ve never put mine through it’s paces so would make sense to give it some use

Well.... I think to get the most out of a challenge, the challenge tool should be your "one and only" tool for the challenge. I think this is how challenges were originally set up. How you actually run a challenge is up to you. But, a 30-day spell with a single tool is a great way to get to know a tool, its assets & capabilities and its inconveniences & limitations. For that reason, I highly encourage everyone to do some 30-day challenges in the strictest manner.

I'll add that I was skeptical about the SwissChamp until I actually did a 30-day challenge with it. That experience really gave me a new appreciation for the SC--how useful it could be and easy it was to carry (despite my skeptical thoughts going into the challenge.).

No challenge is worth anyone dying of Heat Stroke or becoming disabled due to a back injury.   :rofl:   So, perhaps you should set up a SwissChamp challenge for a month where your clothing choices will allow the suitable attire.....with duty belt. 

I'd just be doing it for the fun of it and it seemed there were a few openings in the challenge schedule.  :dunno:   Let's toss out the March slot since the Giant challenge is running then. I might just shadow the Giant challenge with my "Little Giant" SwissChamp. If 2021 doesn't look good....maybe you want to set up a challenge for 2022.....it's just around the corner....  :rofl:

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2020, 11:51:33 PM »
Well.... I think to get the most out of a challenge, the challenge tool should be your "one and only" tool for the challenge. I think this is how challenges were originally set up. How you actually run a challenge is up to you. But, a 30-day spell with a single tool is a great way to get to know a tool, its assets & capabilities and its inconveniences & limitations. For that reason, I highly encourage everyone to do some 30-day challenges in the strictest manner.

I'll add that I was skeptical about the SwissChamp until I actually did a 30-day challenge with it. That experience really gave me a new appreciation for the SC--how useful it could be and easy it was to carry (despite my skeptical thoughts going into the challenge.).

No challenge is worth anyone dying of Heat Stroke or becoming disabled due to a back injury.   :rofl:   So, perhaps you should set up a SwissChamp challenge for a month where your clothing choices will allow the suitable attire.....with duty belt. 

I'd just be doing it for the fun of it and it seemed there were a few openings in the challenge schedule.  :dunno:   Let's toss out the March slot since the Giant challenge is running then. I might just shadow the Giant challenge with my "Little Giant" SwissChamp. If 2021 doesn't look good....maybe you want to set up a challenge for 2022.....it's just around the corner....  :rofl:
You’re quite right Nix, to do it properly it should be your only tool for the challenge :iagree: and tbh it does sound appealing.

If you set it up later in the year or next year I’m sure I’ll join in regardless of weather! Think I was being too influenced by the current EDC challenge in my comment above, I just don’t want to have to carry a champ every time I take the dog for a walk!

I’m already signed up for the 111mm in January and pretty sure I’ll do the FX in February (that one seems to have gone a bit quiet :dunno: ), then I think it might be time for a rest from challenges for a month :think: maybe!

I’m mainly interested in SAK challenges (not exclusively) so don’t see why we couldn’t run something in a month when the existing challenge isn’t SAK related as likely to appeal to different MTOers :dunno:

:cheers: :tu:

Nix us

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2020, 11:55:17 PM »
 :iagree:    :cheers:

(But.....I am biased....SAK challenges are my favorite...... :D )

Nix us

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2020, 11:56:21 PM »
I'm looking forward to the 111mm challenge. I'm using a Hercules....which is a bit daunting....but I'm still excited for it!  :tu:

Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,168 Born to multitask.
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2020, 11:50:08 AM »
Gotta plan my challenges for 2021. :ahhh

January - 111mm
Hercules is good to go. Would have picked Fireman, but I like the two inline Phillips drivers, so Herc it is.

February - Poker Face
Farmer X Challenge is also in February. :rant: I just got a FX, but I said I'd do the Poker Face one, and I can still carry the FX if I get a good hand.

May - Lockback Hunter
I got one of those when I went to Greece in 2017. Not a bad knife. It'll be my first knife-only challenge.

June - Supertool
I have a ST200, and a Core, which I think I like a little more, thanks to the updated implements. And I have grown to liking my Core a lot over the years.

July - Traditional
I missed the 2020 one, and this one is in memory of Dean51, so I'll join in.

August - Daredevil
I've been excited about this for a long time. Hopefully I'll get to carry lots.

September - Rotational
Choosing the thing for the next day will be the challenge with this one. But none of that "I wish I could carry that other tool" feelings. Should be fun.

October - Wenger
I love my 120mm, and it would be nice to break it out of retirement for a month. Although I think using my Wenger Tradesman (aka Wenger Deluxe Tinker) to see how it'll measure up to the D. Tinker.

December - Executive
I have two. Chuck Yaeger passed away, poetically almost, seeing how the Executive was discontinued recently. I like the two I have, and they seem a nice step up from the Manager.

March/April/November
Maybe I'll do a solo challenge of something I've been meaning to. Juice, MP400, Farmer X, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, SwissChamp, Discontinued, Signal, Keychain... So many to choose from! :ahhh

That's a lot of challenges! Already in for 9 out of 12 months, and even thinking of filling in the gaps.
How about a 12/12 Challenge? Doing a challenge every month for a year? :rofl:

Nix us

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2020, 03:18:19 PM »
Yes, it is a busy year ahead!   :tu:

I'm thinking I might carry my SwissChamp in March (it's has been too long...) and use it to photobomb the Giant challenge.   :whistle:

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,816
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2020, 07:35:37 PM »
Yes, it is a busy year ahead!   :tu:

I'm thinking I might carry my SwissChamp in March (it's has been too long...) and use it to photobomb the Giant challenge.   :whistle:

:climber: Someone said photobomb?  >:D :popcorn:

2021 is going to be a busy year, fun packed!

Join Daredevil Challenge in August and get Free magnets!
Comis Gear Youtube Channel
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,373
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2021, 01:41:29 AM »
Kev (or Steve). Could you please change the Farmer X challenge to March?  There are a few interested with February conflicts and March works for the others.

Reamer - I think your March opening can now be filled

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,85736.msg2168844.html#msg2168844

Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,727
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2021, 01:57:17 AM »
Sure thing Sherry. Kev is no longer moderating.
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2021, 05:35:44 AM »
Sure thing Sherry. Kev is no longer moderating.
:tu: thanks
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2021, 06:26:36 AM »
:tu: thanks
Nice one :like: thanks Sos for organizing and Steve for doing, most appreciated :tu:
Sr. Member Posts: 269
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2021, 05:54:26 AM »
is the Supertool/June challenge still in the planning phase?
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,727
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2021, 01:49:49 PM »
is the Supertool/June challenge still in the planning phase?

It's a go, we just haven't started a thread since it's a ways out.   :tu:
Sr. Member Posts: 269
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2021, 03:21:51 PM »
It's a go, we just haven't started a thread since it's a ways out.   :tu:

Cool.
Looking forward to that 1
 :D
No Life Club Posts: 1,243 Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2021, 06:37:57 PM »
Since Mad Max isn't an option for me right now, what's available for March? Looking to earn my first badge....

This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?
Hero Member Posts: 966
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2021, 08:06:29 PM »
Since Mad Max isn't an option for me right now, what's available for March? Looking to earn my first badge....

Looks like the Farmer X challenge is also in March, but so you know you don't have to get a badge through a 30 day challenge or do one when it's scheduled.

I'm going to be doing the Batman challenge again in March because I couldn't comlpete it in January  :pok:

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!
No Life Club Posts: 1,243 Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2021, 02:31:29 AM »
Looks like the Farmer X challenge is also in March, but so you know you don't have to get a badge through a 30 day challenge or do one when it's scheduled.

I'm going to be doing the Batman challenge again in March because I couldn't comlpete it in January  :pok:

So I could do it any time?

This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?
No Life Club Posts: 2,606
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2021, 03:16:31 AM »
So I could do it any time?

You could, but it might be less fun. The more the merrier.   :cheers:
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2021, 03:42:23 AM »
You could, but it might be less fun. The more the merrier.   :cheers:
:iagree:
I’ve only done one challenge by myself (30 day juice) and it was fun but MUCH more fun in a group
Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,168 Born to multitask.
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2021, 10:49:42 PM »
The Poker Face challenge was so much fun. I enjoyed the randomness of it. Let's do another one! :pok:
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2021, 03:26:20 AM »
The Poker Face challenge was so much fun. I enjoyed the randomness of it. Let's do another one! :pok:
:agree:  really enjoyed it
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2021, 06:29:45 AM »
Hero Member Posts: 831 Improvisational Engineer
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2021, 02:34:35 AM »
 :iagree: Me, too.

-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,563 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »
Kev, would you kindly add the Pocket Rocket Challenge to the list for June '21?   

Barry

Nix us

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2021, 09:14:24 PM »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD