Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

replacement pocket clips

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
replacement pocket clips
on: January 21, 2021, 03:29:04 AM
I've lost the pocket clip on my Nitecore P12.   Again.  This time it is really gone and I was lucky to find the P12 in the bottom of my pocket at the end of the day.  I know I can get a factory replacement pocket clip, but it's not a good design.  It seems a waste of time to replace it with one that's just going to have the same problem.  It gets knocked off if I bump into a door frame or the side of my desk or it gets pulled off by car seatbelts.  Is there a better replacement?  Maybe something with a solid ring that can't pop off or get pulled off.  Looking for ideas here.
 :popcorn:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: replacement pocket clips
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:50:30 PM
I've lost the pocket clip on my Nitecore P12.   Again.  This time it is really gone and I was lucky to find the P12 in the bottom of my pocket at the end of the day.  I know I can get a factory replacement pocket clip, but it's not a good design.  It seems a waste of time to replace it with one that's just going to have the same problem.  It gets knocked off if I bump into a door frame or the side of my desk or it gets pulled off by car seatbelts.  Is there a better replacement?  Maybe something with a solid ring that can't pop off or get pulled off.  Looking for ideas here.
 :popcorn:

Maybe a Picture of what you are talking about exactly will help someone be able to make a suggestion?

I have no idea what this light looks like or needs without one.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 06:35:25 PM
Maybe a Picture of what you are talking about exactly will help someone be able to make a suggestion?

I have no idea what this light looks like or needs without one.

+1

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Couillon

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 11:07:56 PM
Nitecore, like so many flashlight makers, has a ever evolving product line. If you really like a product from them, my advice is buy several. I was diehard NC D10 fan until it become unobtanium.
Link to their replacement clips, many of these are interchangeable with other makers.
https://www.nitecorestore.com/Pocket-Clip-for-Nitecore-Flashlights-p/acc-clip-nitecore.htm

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 03:51:02 AM
If you follow the link you'll see Nitecore's factory clips. They all snap on and stay on through spring steel tension, but without a solid ring they are all prone to being snagged right off the flashlights. :facepalm:

hr Online enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 12:35:29 PM
Then add more spring tention :pok:

I had a similar problem with an itp A2 (now olight i2) and I solved it simply by adding heat shrink tubing on the clip ends. Can't get it of now if I tried :ahhh

* 1.jpg (Filesize: 10.19 KB)

* 2.jpg (Filesize: 26.4 KB)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 05:35:42 PM by enki_ck »

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 02:43:56 PM
If you follow the link you'll see Nitecore's factory clips. They all snap on and stay on through spring steel tension, but without a solid ring they are all prone to being snagged right off the flashlights. :facepalm:

I didnt and still do not see a link or I would have just clicked from the start?

Spring clips suck usually though and are hard to trust for sure.

I usually use a small piece of rubber inner tube over the whole clip area with those and this usually helps keep these all together and also provides extra grip traction all the time.

00 Offline Couillon

Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 03:12:27 PM
Excellent fixes with the heat shrink ezdog and enki
 :like:

Clip on pocket clips have some benefits too, allowing many lights to move easily from one mode of use to another.
I really like using headlamps, but I hate blinding others. I often use a headlamp to start work, and then remove it from the band as I settle in by clipping it on my shirt. Where it's much less likely to leave everyone seeing spots.

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 01:14:01 PM
The shrink wrap and innertube are good ideas.  I went ahead and ordered the replacement from Nitecore which should be here soon and I will try those.  Here are the available clips from Nitecore (from the link that some can't see because it is probably country restricted) and you can see that they are all open clips.  My only other option for replacement might have been a Nite-ize Gear Clip but I wasn't sure how big those are since they're really made for cell phones.  Thanks.
ACC-CLIP-Nitecore-2.jpg
* ACC-CLIP-Nitecore-2.jpg (Filesize: 68.45 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%