Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surge vs Surge+ (pouch/sheath size)

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Surge vs Surge+ (pouch/sheath size)
on: October 18, 2020, 08:31:43 PM
Evening all  :salute: (it's 19:30 here)

I recently ordered a replacement pouch/sheath for my OG Surge (work MT.)

I doubled checked that it was for the Surge and it said it was, along with the ST (which I now presume was the OG 200)  :think:

However, it doesn't even come close to fitting  :dunno: (see pic with Rebar on top)

I then did a bit more looking and the same site suggests the Molle XL for the Surge (this wasn't an option in the original search) which is also suggested for the Surge and ST300  :dunno:

Essentially, the one they sent fits my Rebar/Wingman/Skele etc (i.e. not Large, as described, but Medium?)

So, after all the preamble, my question; is the OG Surge bigger than the Surge+?

Does anyone know if they do the same pouch in XL (it's Sunday night here so no chance of a reply on their site)

NB: I can still use the pouch/sheath for something else but I really wanted the press-stud fastender  ::)
Surge Pouch 20a.jpg
* Surge Pouch 20a.jpg (Filesize: 210.76 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Re: Surge vs Surge+ (pouch/sheath size)
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:53:17 PM
Evening all  :salute: (it's 19:30 here)

I recently ordered a replacement pouch/sheath for my OG Surge (work MT.)

I doubled checked that it was for the Surge and it said it was, along with the ST (which I now presume was the OG 200)  :think:

However, it doesn't even come close to fitting  :dunno: (see pic with Rebar on top)

I then did a bit more looking and the same site suggests the Molle XL for the Surge (this wasn't an option in the original search) which is also suggested for the Surge and ST300  :dunno:

Essentially, the one they sent fits my Rebar/Wingman/Skele etc (i.e. not Large, as described, but Medium?)

So, after all the preamble, my question; is the OG Surge bigger than the Surge+?

Does anyone know if they do the same pouch in XL (it's Sunday night here so no chance of a reply on their site)

NB: I can still use the pouch/sheath for something else but I really wanted the press-stud fastender  ::)

Maybe it is a medium; it should have been large.
My understanding is that the only differences between an OG and a + are: small bit driver exchanged for small driver, pliers heads, scissors thumb rest; size wise they're both the same.

I have NIB large and medium premium nylon sheaths, with the product numbers 934933 for large and 934932 for medium; look inside yours and there should be a small sticker with the number, and see which one it matches.

I'm shure someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon, but in the meantime let me know if this info. helped, or if you need pictures of the sheaths (albeit without the tools, as it is a replacement for my ST300; I don't own any of the editions of the Surge). Good luck.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:04:26 PM
Looking at the picture, I see that you have the one without side pockets; the product numbers for those are 946760 for large and, 946759 for medium. Sorry for my confusion, but if you need pictures, my offer still stands.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 12:37:26 AM
Looking at the picture, I see that you have the one without side pockets; the product numbers for those are 946760 for large and, 946759 for medium. Sorry for my confusion, but if you need pictures, my offer still stands.
Thanks for the response JB (and clarification on both counts  :cheers: )

I had a good look and managed to find a sticker, not placed obviously, with product no: 946759 (medium)  ::)

I'll get onto them over the next few days and order the correct one  :tu:
They don't like it up 'em!

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 06:17:58 AM
The new sheath for the ST300 is very tight out of box. I am sure it will loosen up over time. But I dun see any possibility of having any other accessories in there even when loosened up..

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%