Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Poll

How many (total) knives/tools/multitools/multiknives do you usually have on you when you leave your home

0 (What are you doing here, really?)
5 to 10
11 to 50
51 or more ( OK.......  )

POLL How many knives/tools/multitools do you carry, out of your dwellings 1018

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,787 Bored

dks cy

POLL How many knives/tools/multitools do you carry, out of your dwellings
« on: October 14, 2020, 09:30:06 AM »
As the title says, how many do you have on you, usually, when you leave your home/cave/garden, when you dare to venture outside for a walk, going to work, shopping, having fun,  etc.

I see some people carrying  a large number of multitools etc, and wonder how their trousers/skirts stay up....   :ahhh

Ideally they should be carried ON you and not in a rucksack, so clarify if this is the case.    :tu:

-90% of the time I just have my keychain tool on me (Victorinox manager, LM squirt/micra) and I may occasionally also carry a small folding knife and even more rarely a fixed blade or larger multitool.
I wear a lot of shorts, cheap ones with no belt, and after I add my phone and wallet the weight is nearly too much.

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
No Life Club Posts: 2,064
Re: POLL How many knives/tools/multitools do you carry, out of your dwellings
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »
I voted 3 as I'm including the two I have with my keys (a Swiss Tech "Utili-Key" & a True Utility "Trolly Dolly")  :tu:

However, in all honesty it would be my FX (still trying to find an actual need to use the saw though  :think: )

I have others but, due to UK laws, it's difficult to do so legally and the FX (or PX) cover most of my town centre needs (real or imagined  :-[ )

They don't like it up 'em!
No Life Club Posts: 1,760
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 09:49:48 AM »
Usually 2 sometimes 3, depends on weather, where I’m going and pockets. If just ducking out to shops probably just one on keychain. Recently been carrying my LM juice while doing challenge but usually SAKs

Like you I wear shorts a lot in summer so weight gets too much if I carry more than 2, which will be one of manager/rambler/classic on keychain and one slim model like cadet/compact/waiter/bantam/ambassador in pocket. Maybe a climber or Evo14 if I think I’ll need it.…or maybe just a squirt P4

If I’m wearing a jacket and jeans then it’s one on the keychain, one of the slim ones above (probably cadet or bantam) in jeans pocket and usually a climber or huntsman in my jacket, maybe hiker or explorer for a change.

I like switching around having plenty to choose from and they all have their pros and cons :think:

do I need to carry all this? Probably not but do like having the options and feel happier knowing it’s there if I do need it

:cheers:

ET

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dks cy

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »
 :cheers: for the replies

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
OCD Squad Leader Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,797
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
I was tempted to choose 51+ >:D

Spirit + Folder... while the Folder varies quite a bit (usually depending on what I just got recently), the Spirit is always the same.

Emergency Kit: Ovo Sport, chocolate, cheese, crispbread and a coin
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 63,057
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »
I voted 4 :whistle: when not in a  challenge I usually have a MT, Vic Executive, Charge knife and a LM Piranha :D If you count my backpack (which is in the vehicle) then the number will go up quite a bit ::) :facepalm: :D

dks cy

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »
The strangest for me is people that carry 4, 5 knives basically carrying a total of 5, 10 blades, whereas one or two may be enough for the day.

No Life Club Posts: 1,480
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 12:07:38 PM »
LM mini, vic fieldmaster, modded pocketwrench II, flashlight...

So only two bladed tools.

Also, as far as I know shirts will stay up just fine no mater how much a woman might carry as they completely lack any kind of pockets...  :D

There is no magic therefore gadgets!

dks cy

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 12:11:57 PM »
She/he may have a tool belt on them.

some have pockets

Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 63,057
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »
I usually have different blades for different purposes :cheers: I am down to 1 on a MT at the moment though ;) I carry the Vic for clean cutting of food for the most part and the Charge knife is for cutting things I would rather not have the taste of in my food :D I usually save the blades on my MTs for when I need something extra sharp ::) :D So there is rhym to my reason :cheers:

dks cy

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 12:19:56 PM »
We are not blade-shaming  :)   We, understand....

No Life Club Posts: 1,536
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 01:38:29 PM »
I carry the Centerdrive and a folding knife.
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 51,071
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »
Usually three, a MT and two slipjoints.
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 32,688
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 02:13:00 PM »
I'm in a fairly lightweight frame of mind at the moment so something small on my keys and a SAK or trad knife in my pocket.

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
No Life Club Posts: 4,690 Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 02:43:40 PM »
I voted for 4:  A LM squirt in my pocket, and usually 3 larger plier-based MTs in my car (which is usually pretty close to me when I'm away from home).

babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."
Hero Member Posts: 746
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 02:51:36 PM »
It really depends as everyone says, I went with 4 or more usually that includes the modded Gerber Zipknife and Brewpry on my keys though. Then I typically carry a larger (by UK standards) tool (91mm SAK, UKPK for example) and a smaller one (SAK minichamp, Leatherman Squirt ES4 etc.). If we are counting when I have a bag then that shoots up a fair bit.

Though today I popped into town to do the bank and just had my keychains and Pioneer (didn't want to take a Cellidor with all of the hand sanitiser I had to use).

Around the house and garden all bets are off  :ahhh

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!
No Life Club Posts: 4,644
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 03:23:59 PM »
Depends on the job. But, most of the time, there is usually my multitool, folder, and traditional knife.  Yet, out working, I'll often have a fixed blade on my belt, a (usually partially serrated) folder, my multitool, and quite often, a hawkbill in my back pocket. And then, quite often linesman's (or fence) pliers and the Knipex 125mm Cobra pliers.

As I speak now, there's just a small folder in my sweatpants pocket.
Full Member Posts: 129
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 04:49:59 PM »
Right now, a SOG PPP -bladeless, with scissors-, a small prybar, a County Comm aluminium technician screwdriver, a small fixed blade and a piece of steel ruler cut to be used as scraper, fake shopping cart coin, even ruler if need be.
I also use to carry a clipper lighter -even though I don't smoke- an a light -a mec army sgn3 today-
No Life Club Posts: 1,302
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 05:28:39 PM »
Mostly a pair comprised of a multi tool (Rebar, Wave, MP600, ST300; Rev, NXT) and a Gerber EAB.
 On occasion, just a Spartan, a Climber or, "CAK" ( something that reminds me of my father, as it was a gift from him; my first ever mt).
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,371

Nix us

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
I voted '2'.

It seems I'm always in a challenge, so '1' might have been a better answer. On a non-challenge day, however, I normally carry a SAK and a folder. It is the rare or unusual day where I carry three tools.

When I was deployed and 'outside the wire': fixed blade, folder, Wave, SAK Farmer, SAK Classic. Probably one or two too many....  :facepalm:

another rat in a cage
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,644 Little to the right...
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »
Pretty much always my Charge TTi and my Super Tinker, and now I've been carrying a fixed blade quite a bit.  The S30V blade on the Charge is what I usually use as the don't care about it blade.  I'll pry, cut stuff I probably shouldn't, ect.  The SAK main blade is used for clean cutting, apples ect, and the small for delicate work, or opening clamshell packaging when I don't want to risk the knife hitting the item.  The fixed has been getting used for heavier cutting tasks such as cardboard.

No Life Club Posts: 1,282
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 08:19:11 PM »
While my first instinct is to say one (generally a Pioneer X), the fact is I have a smooth alox Classic in the coin pocket of my wallet.

So two actually.

- Steve
Thread Killer 2019 No Life Club Posts: 4,268
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 09:41:18 PM »
When not in a challenge I carry a Swiss Champ and Spirit in a leather scabbard in my back pocket for all of my tool needs and another knife in my front pocket, usually a Myerchin Titanium rigging knife, just for cutting things.  Using the 3rd knife for my everyday cutting needs preserves the blades in the SAK and MT for when they are really needed.  Because I am a pipe smoker I also carry a pipe knife most of the time which brings me up to 4 if you include the pipe knife.  This picture is from July of 2020 and shows my usual EDC except the pipe knife.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,807
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2020, 10:24:46 PM »
On most days it tends to be two - a knife and a multitool. If I'm carrying a bag, the tool normally gets chucked in that, so really I'm only actually carrying the knife... I just don't like to spoil the look of my figure hugging clothes*.

*I'm not joking.

Hero Member Posts: 640
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2020, 10:57:05 PM »
Voted for 3 though sometimes 2. Gerber shard, a knife, and a MT. The last 2 rotates a bit just depends on where I am going or doing for the day.
No Life Club Posts: 2,393
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 12:01:07 AM »
Two -  a SAK (Pioneer X) and a LM Micra which has been riding in a shirt pocket lately. 

Theres a Gerber MP600 in my bag for backup. 
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 51,071
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 01:10:59 AM »
On most days it tends to be two - a knife and a multitool. If I'm carrying a bag, the tool normally gets chucked in that, so really I'm only actually carrying the knife... I just don't like to spoil the look of my figure hugging clothes*.

*I'm not joking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7Ts4v5_Bs&ab_channel=TheTonightShowStarringJimmyFallon
Jr. Member Posts: 54
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 04:12:56 AM »
I edc a SAK of some sort and a Leatherman Squirt combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,577 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2020, 01:07:57 PM »
I voted 1, as I've been carrying only a single 91mm SAK for a long time now. I added a Rambler to my keychain for a month for the phillips, but took it of as with the 5 keys and a flashlight, it was just in the way, and I hardly if ever used it. So I'm back to the Ranger a few months now as my true EDC SAK.
Full Member Posts: 200
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »
A Ruike P801 folder, Victorinox Mate and Explorer,  small MT, and a recurve fixed blade are my EDC's and I use one or all of them daily just because  :)

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Use what you have to get what you want.

Better to have and not need, than need and not have, so
Remember rule #9.....Always carry a (Swiss Army) knife!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $112.48
PayPal Fees: $6.89
Net Balance: $105.59
Below Goal: $194.41
Site Currency: USD
35%