Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tactical Kilts!! - For the Scottish person that loves to EDC lots

dks · 27 · 1018

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
As if the tactical plug posted by Grant was not unusual enough, we also have tactical/EDC Kilts......

and..

Gareth, review??
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
another site

" Why You Need a Tactical Kilt

Great for the range, competing in your own kilt-off, or just about any activity that requires you to stay mobile and ready for anything while still looking exceptionally cool, a 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt may be the best wardrobe decision you’ve ever made."

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Got to admit I've never owned one.  The original Utilikilt must have been around for 15 years or more and I was a little tempted when they first appeared.  :D 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
I've got a Utilikilt (just khaki, not camo) and love it. Don't wear it awl that much, I have to confess, but absolutely love it when I do.

The big cargo pockets are detachable, and I don't use those.....because I don't need that much space and the main pockets are huge....but if I did need to carry a 6-pack of beer and a power drill, they might come in handy.....

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
No photographs??

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Basically this:

My cargo pockets are a bit different, though.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
looking fit!

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
One of my neighbors is big into historical renactments as a hobby, and it's not unusual to see him getting the mail in a kilt (actually, for a time, his doctor recommended he wear one).  However, if I'm in full traditional Highland attire, I can wear a Sgian Dubh even where prohibited by law.   I'm half Scottish, and there is a tartan for my family. I don't have a kilt yet, however.

As for me, PASS.  My Aramark cargo pants and Dickies work shorts work just fine. Anything they can't fit is why I own a backpack.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
The original tactical kilt

D8WHJB.jpg
* D8WHJB.jpg (Filesize: 119.9 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
The original tactical kilt

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, you've got to think that's where the idea came from.  The original Army version was a full wrap around "apron" that was worn over your regular kilt though. :) Had a built in pocket that replaced the sporran while in the field.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Tactical Kilts!! - For the Scottish person that loves to EDC lots
Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 07:35:10 PM
Sadly I am a bit interested in these.  When I wear my kilt I'm usually frustrated by the lack of pockets!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 07:40:44 PM
I really like my Utilikilt. Pockets and pockets.

And freedom!   ;)

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 08:29:49 PM
A sporran is a very good 'pocket' for stuff that's possibly more convenient that side pockets on trousers or so I've found. I've worn the kilt a few times I have Scottish parents, weddings, etc and it's ridiculously comfortable. Somehow my brother managed to nab my dad's kilt when he moved to the US which was rather annoying, I'd wanted it! :)
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Offline warriors.meadow

• New User
Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 09:17:52 PM
Good afternoon,

I’m enjoying my Damn Near Kilt’em greenhorn. Very very rugged and comfortable. The military green was an excellent colour choice. Just make sure to follow their measuring instructions. I did and mine fits perfectly. Now to figure out which one I want next. I’m thinking the DNKE stowaway in brown. I’m working up to a traditional kilt (Stewart weathered hunting tartan) and going pants free forever.   

Thanks
W.M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 08:18:43 AM
I've long liked the look of cargo kilts, although never splashed out on one. Great to see so many here enjoying them!

I once wore a kilt to a Halloween party. Part of a schoolgirl's uniform, made saucy. I coordinated the outfit with a latex mask of a local male news presenter. :D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:33:53 AM by Sawl Goodman »
Rambler

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 10:58:28 AM
Good afternoon,

I’m enjoying my Damn Near Kilt’em greenhorn. Very very rugged and comfortable. The military green was an excellent colour choice. Just make sure to follow their measuring instructions. I did and mine fits perfectly. Now to figure out which one I want next. I’m thinking the DNKE stowaway in brown. I’m working up to a traditional kilt (Stewart weathered hunting tartan) and going pants free forever.   

Thanks
W.M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allegedly my family has claim to a number of different tartans, but I chose the Hunting Stewart for my first (and so far only) kilt.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 03:09:18 PM
Allegedly my family has claim to a number of different tartans, but I chose the Hunting Stewart for my first (and so far only) kilt.

Def

Hmmm, I'm not sure I have a family tartan but my grandfather fought with the H.L.I during WWII (Dunkirk, Normandy, Antwerp) and they wore the Mackenzie tartan so that might be appropriate in honour of his service. His father was wounded at the Somme but family history doesn't record which regiment he served with.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 11:38:03 AM
Some of our Scottish members may have better/more input than me, but in my experience the "correct" tartan is a matter of interpretation in a lot of cases.  Many tartan makers nowadays will design your own personal tartan, whether you are Scottish or not.

I actually developed a Multitool.org tartan a while back, in case anyone wants an MTO kilt!  :D

In a semi- related story, my Scottish cousin once committed the ultimate sin and married .....  an English.   *gasp*

Her mother refused to go to the wedding for the longest time, although eventually relented,  only to see not only the groom wearing a kilt, but also his Indian best man!

:ahhh

There was great upset...

Def

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: October 26, 2020, 12:50:56 PM
Some of our Scottish members may have better/more input than me, but in my experience the "correct" tartan is a matter of interpretation in a lot of cases.  Many tartan makers nowadays will design your own personal tartan, whether you are Scottish or not.

I actually developed a Multitool.org tartan a while back, in case anyone wants an MTO kilt!  :D

In a semi- related story, my Scottish cousin once committed the ultimate sin and married .....  an English.   *gasp*

Her mother refused to go to the wedding for the longest time, although eventually relented,  only to see not only the groom wearing a kilt, but also his Indian best man!

:ahhh

There was great upset...

Def

Really?! Not to disparage your aunt but most of us are a bit more open minded to the idea of mixed marriages.  ;)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 01:20:04 PM
 a non-Scottish wearing a kilt.....   these modern times,,,,

A marriage between a Scottish girl and an English man ...... is it even legal? 

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: October 26, 2020, 02:21:42 PM

I think if it is unique you can even have it registered in Scotland (whether or not you are Scottish). That is what sport-clubs do that partake in highland-games (or maybe there is a separate registry for clubs and for families).
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: October 26, 2020, 02:34:18 PM
My dad who is fiercely Scottish would object to me ever referring to myself as English despite the trifling fact that I was born and grew up there. :) His response would be: "If a foal is born in a pig sty does that make it a pig?"  :rofl:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #23 on: October 27, 2020, 12:34:40 AM
 :rofl:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: October 27, 2020, 01:01:36 AM
Now I want a Kilt, and can officially wear one too!
My mother's side is Scottish, my father's side Welsh.
I think the space provided by a Sporran combined with a Dirk tucked into the sock would nicely take care of EDC needs  :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: October 27, 2020, 12:10:57 PM

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: October 27, 2020, 02:46:10 PM
Really?! Not to disparage your aunt but most of us are a bit more open minded to the idea of mixed marriages.  ;)

My aunt is very old school like that!  I believe everything in the house is tartan!

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%