Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

torch badge request

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
torch badge request
on: November 05, 2020, 12:32:54 AM
This is what i edc in my my bag
from top left to bottom right i have,
Spork
Leatherman spannery tool
A selection of leatherman bits
Knifless rebar
Vic bantam
Anker battery and various charge leads
Earbuds
And Ledlenser T7.2 torch

i love this torch, and at only 320 lumens i have torches of similer size with 8x the lumen output but this still takes pride of place in my bag.
Despite its relatively low lumen count its the way it focuses its light with out any hot spots, just perfectly dispersed from centre to the edge like a window of light that makes it a favourite.
And the locking head that can be be moved back and forward to change the distance of the throw works a treat.

It would be a little chunky for an edc if it was not for the pouch on the outside of my maxpedition bag that i keep it in that is of perfect proportions like it was made for the job.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: torch badge request
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 02:21:50 AM
Nice carry and light.

I understand what you mean about brightness.  I have several higher lime. Lights but my edc one is 300 lumens.  It is plenty sufficient for almost any task I need.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 03:13:17 AM
Nice carry and light.

I understand what you mean about brightness.  I have several higher lime. Lights but my edc one is 300 lumens.  It is plenty sufficient for almost any task I need.

A few years ago I rounded up all my torches mainly mag-lites and a few leatherman, bought and fitted them with all new batteries and then took them to the rspca charity shop. Then joined the crazy LED arms race replacing all my torches with new ones.

Now most of the ones I bought have been superseded by newer models and I have nearly bought the newer models simply because they have increased the lumen count over my already super bright torches. But I stopped myself as the torches I do have I rarely use on full power anyway. So I have decided I am happy with what I have and will only replace them if and when they pack up. And when I do I find myself more interested in versatility and runtimes over all out brightness.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 05:49:34 PM
Bump as not received my light badge yet  :pok: :whistle:

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 01:39:46 AM
Bump as not received my light badge yet  :pok: :whistle:
Did you copy the link to this thread and request the badge from the award page?

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 01:58:58 AM
Did you copy the link to this thread and request the badge from the award page?
Yes, a couple of times now incase the first went awry .

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 02:42:07 AM
I think you should have it now. I haven't done this in years and I'm on my phone so just checking.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 12:58:35 PM
I think you should have it now. I haven't done this in years and I'm on my phone so just checking.

Thank you enki_ck, it’s much appreciated  :hatsoff:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%