Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wiki Tang Stamp Page Project

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Wiki Tang Stamp Page Project
Reply #120 on: November 29, 2020, 11:05:57 PM
I think we can shift our focus to the next tang category...

:wait: :wait: :wait: anyone willing to post their 84mm tang images and offer some date range estimates?  :wait: :wait: :wait:

Okay...since you asked, Max!

For the dates, generally I can only assume that the 84mm tangs match the 91mm dates. But more than happy to supply pics for everything that I have available. Just won’t be as many as the 91mm.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #121 on: November 29, 2020, 11:28:25 PM
More 84mm...
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #122 on: November 30, 2020, 12:16:34 AM
Still more 84mm...

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #123 on: November 30, 2020, 12:27:51 AM
A few more...

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #124 on: November 30, 2020, 01:41:42 AM
Hi Folks

Thanks for all the 84 pics KK - Brilliant

I have a suggestion
I am a big fan of making the Wiki easy for users to compare stuff and also keeping things compact

So I was wondering about two approaches for the 84s
  • Only putting photos in the 84mm section when they are different (dates and/or image) from the 91s - and referencing the 91mm photos in the 84mm section with just a single line of text - eg 'See 91mm image' or such like
  • Or having the full set of photos for both but indicating in both sections where they are duplicated / equivalent

Of course I know the size of the SAK and model etc etc are different - But from the tang photos - Presumably if the text and dates match - They are the same?    :think:
Just a suggestion - But I think it would really help our users and avoid them scrolling up and down - and up and down - to compare the tang stamps

On a slightly different topic - I think having the page organised by length is best as that is how most of the Wiki works   

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #125 on: November 30, 2020, 02:28:29 AM
Huntsman, AFAIK, the actual stamps are different. Typically smaller, as might be expected. At least for the ones I know of from the ‘50s onward. I wouldn’t be surprised either way on the older ones, but do not know.

If some direct side-by-side comparison pics might help, I can certainly do a few.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #126 on: November 30, 2020, 02:42:25 AM
Just a quick example...this is the back of 91mm H/VSSR and 84mm H/SSR.

In general, side by side, the 84mm stamps often look comically small.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #127 on: November 30, 2020, 03:52:38 AM
However, ESSR/Blank appears to be the exact same stamp. I mean no evidence of retooling, refreshing from c.’73 to c.‘78. Just a minor amount of progressive wear on the die.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #128 on: November 30, 2020, 09:03:05 AM
Thanks KK

Sounds like we need all images in both sections - Maybe with a comment in the intro about similarities and differences

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #129 on: December 07, 2020, 05:08:08 PM
Bump...was I just too late with the 84mm?  :dunno: Paused for Turkey day in the states.

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #130 on: December 07, 2020, 08:06:12 PM
No kamakiri, I’ve just been too busy and I’m away until 14 Dec. Huntsman has created a new sub-gallery for the 84mm, so it’s just a case of putting some time aside when I’m back before Christmas to save and populate the Wiki  :cheers:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: December 08, 2020, 02:11:32 AM
 :cheers:

No pressure Max! Just wondering if there was some issue in wasn’t aware of. Thanks for the reply.  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%