Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Yeoman vs Super Tinker

Poll

Yeoman or Super Tinker for EDC?

Yeoman
11 (52.4%)
Super Tinker
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Yeoman vs Super Tinker
Reply #30 on: November 27, 2020, 03:53:35 PM
This is ultimately what I’ve been thinking from the start. I suppose this might be the best course of action, because I keep going back and forth. Everyone on here has great points about both. And I mean, I’m gonna have both on hand anyway. May as well just give them a trial period. 

As I’ve yet to do my own first mod, I have one quick question:
Is there a way to get the stock scales off and still get them back on and be useable for that amount of time? Most people I’ve read have new scales, at the ready. And the rest have trouble keeping the old scales on.
Would warming the scales prior to removal make them more likely to be re-usable? Any tips here?

You guys are the best! It will be a while before I get time to complete this project. But I’ll try and post some pics of both, once I’ve tested and re-scaled them. But I think this choice is just gonna be specific to my own lifestyle. They’re both great tools for what I’m looking for.

Yes, but not too much. Use a hair dryer or some warm water (40ºC is more than enough). Lift the scales ver carefully, inserting a thin blade through one of the scale's openings (T&T). Pry them slowly and you should be OK.

When (re)attaching scales, reverse the procedure. Warm them up first, make sure they're clean and awlso the bushings where they're going to snap.

:salute: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Offline SirZanos

Reply #31 on: November 27, 2020, 05:14:53 PM
Yes, but not too much. Use a hair dryer or some warm water (40ºC is more than enough). Lift the scales ver carefully, inserting a thin blade through one of the scale's openings (T&T). Pry them slowly and you should be OK.

When (re)attaching scales, reverse the procedure. Warm them up first, make sure they're clean and awlso the bushings where they're going to snap.

:salute: :tu:
This is perfect. Thank you!

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 27, 2020, 09:49:14 PM
One more Yeoman vote.

I made mine with a small blade, as it is my preference and wanted the combo tool on the narrow end for the higher compression backspring for prybar use.

I find the inline and combo tool are better high torque options for screws.

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

Offline SirZanos

Reply #33 on: November 27, 2020, 10:08:32 PM
One more Yeoman vote.

I made mine with a small blade, as it is my preference and wanted the combo tool on the narrow end for the higher compression backspring for prybar use.

I find the inline and combo tool are better high torque options for screws.
Oh wow. That’s a really cool idea I hadn’t considered. I am not the typical person who needs a knife everyday. I generally go for scissors or a Phillips more than anything else. So having no large blade might suit me better.

If I go Yeoman, I might follow in your footsteps! Thanks!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%