Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Weight-loss Challenge 13782

No Life Club Posts: 1,248
Re: Weight-loss Challenge
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2020, 11:07:32 AM »
Not really, but not too bad either.

November 21
101.9kg - 224.65lbs

November 24
100.6kg - 221.78lbs

December 1
98.65kg - 217.5lbs

December 4
97.3kg - 214.5lbs

👍

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.
Hero Member Posts: 923 Brick Bradford of multitool universe
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2020, 11:21:02 AM »
You guys are rocking it! Great work!

by this axe I rule
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
Day 4 - morning weight 104

Breakfast:

Coffee and protein drink missing.
NB! Taking the morning off from work and training. Planning to clean up my ol trusty big Fiat sedan today, hence the breakfast is also a nod towards Torino ;)

Lunch:

Chicken
Rice
Beans
Hot sauce

There will be afternoon coffee later with a Jaffa cake or two. Dinner might be bit heavier, dunno yet. In any case it should be done early. After 18:00 only fluids and possibly a sandwitch but nothing else

by this axe I rule
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,167 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2020, 02:13:29 PM »
Day 4: I did take the dogs for a walk and knocked out my online exercise routine, so while I haven't lost any weight yet I haven't gained any either.  I'll take that as one in the Win Column.

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 1,326
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2020, 02:34:28 PM »
Apologies for the MIA yesterday, I've not been sleeping well the last couple weeks and it caught up to me. Catching up!

Day 03

Pasta and noodles again yesterday,a bit of chocolate as a snack but since I fell asleep well before my main meal I ended up well under my allowance!

Day 04 will come later, I'm officially weighing myself every five days, but an unofficial sneak peak is showing a current loss of 2.4lbs  :tu:

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,187
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2020, 03:28:16 PM »
Day 4

Originally, I planned to have Friday as the One Meal a day(OMAD) intermittent fasting day, but did manage to forget it once things start moving.  Luckily, I over ate on Thursday night, so while I was regretting it right after, I did remember the IF plan and the lemon just turned into lemonade all by itself.

The whole day was pretty smooth sailing, I didn't really feel any hunger(guess I really over ate myself the other night), and it was smooth all the way till dinner.  But tonight I was cautious on the portion and did eat carefully just until a very slight hint of fullness.

I already skipped all the sugar for coffee whenever I drink it, and just to be sure, I checked the label on the whole milk I use for coffee, and turns out that too also has sugar!(4.6g per 100ml)  So I'm planning to restrict that too, just to limit the sugar intake and maximize the benefit of sugarless hours in between meals.

Join Daredevil Challenge in August and get Free magnets!
Comis Gear Youtube Channel
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »
Not to discredit anything, but I just read this on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/k3a40l/popular_keto_youtuber_dr_eric_berg_is_a_fraud/

I found "Dr." Eric Berg's video just awhile back when I was getting ready to start a diet.  I know the 'keto' plan works, because I once lost literally 40lbs within 1.5 month of HITT and very little carb diet(of course, it is arguable how much weight is lost due to those many hours of HITT or how much from the diet, but still it works with no harm done).  So I am naturally incline to stick with what I know--some exercise and low carb diet. 

TBH, I did find Berg's video pretty well presented, and though it all seems to 'make sense', I was silly enough not to double check his credential.  Not saying everything he say would be faulty, but just gonna be careful how much of it is indeed science or whether something he said was purposely said to achieve potential agenda(selling his supplements)

As an alternative, I did get a name from that reddit thread that Dr. Eric Westman seems to be credible source of info for Keto diets.  Here is his credential from Duke University website:
https://medicine.duke.edu/faculty/eric-charles-westman-md

I am starting to watch some of his videos on youtube to see how things are.  Again, not saying everything he says will be absolute truth and I myself is not really going full fledged keto(just lowering the carbs significantly), but hopefully this is yet another step for finding the right kind of info we need.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 04:11:15 PM by comis »

« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2020, 12:01:18 AM »
Salad and water tonight.  It's been more difficult than I thought it would be transitioning from junk food, but we're getting there :tu:

Barry
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2020, 02:26:39 AM »
I have given myself an official warning.
I did as planned only eat one meal today but that meal was a hamburger and fries. I had to drop my car off for repairs and just grabbed something while I was out.

I live alone and I am too quick to get a take away when I can’t be bothered to cook for myself. But I really need to change my ways. I know I can do it as I have done it before.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 66,852
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2020, 02:29:38 AM »
Looking great everyone :salute: Keep up the good work and congrats to those that have been losing weight already :tu: :like:
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2020, 02:34:11 AM »
Looking great everyone :salute: Keep up the good work and congrats to those that have been losing weight already :tu: :like:
:iagree:

Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,563 Born to multitask.
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2020, 02:47:15 AM »
Day 5

Had a leopard fruit for breakfast.

And hairy fruit for a snack. It is easy not to eat when I am at work, but on my days off, I have to snack to keep from breaking.

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,852
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2020, 02:51:16 AM »
Day 4

Today has been a lazy day due to a sinus headache, so no exercise.  Although, one advantwas I also didn’t feel like eating so I’ve only eaten some greek yogurt and an orange so far today.  My wife is making a backed chicken dinner shortly so I will also have that.
No Life Club Posts: 3,074
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2020, 02:57:42 AM »
 Day 5

Doing better today after a couple of evenings snacking too much. Just a banana for breakfast and a small chicken and rocket sandwich for lunch.

Now cooking up a vegetable (mainly) and chicken curry for dinner. Been quite good with the exercise and overall feeling a little slimmer
:cheers:
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2020, 04:11:25 AM »
Day 04

Made an effort to get up and move on the hour every hour and made some fresh jerky, high protein low calorie deliciousness  :cheers:

« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2020, 07:38:27 AM »
I have given myself an official warning.
I did as planned only eat one meal today but that meal was a hamburger and fries. I had to drop my car off for repairs and just grabbed something while I was out.

I live alone and I am too quick to get a take away when I can’t be bothered to cook for myself. But I really need to change my ways. I know I can do it as I have done it before.

I used to live alone and it's not always easy since I could just order any junk food I want.  What I did was trying to stick to really quick meal I could fix myself, so I could literally cook it within 5-10min with minimum dishwashing(yes, lazy I know), and that beats ordering out since I still have to wait for half an hour and more. 

Omelets with some kind of pre-cooked meal and veggie was always a favorite, pan-spray and non-stick pan makes it really fast eat and easy.

Another great 'weapon' in the kitchen is the Japanese “Yukihira Nabe” pot, it is the greatest gift to any single living alone I swear. 

A full pot of water could be brought to boil within a min(or that's what I felt like), it's ridiculously fast.  Pair that with Chinese frozen dumpling, I could have a meal ready in 10min, with low carb, good protein and some veggie.  And again, minimum clean up after cooking.

Yukihira Nabe pot has really thin walls, but it is advised not to fry in the pot since it's easy to blacken it.

This brand is my favorite of Chinese frozen dumpling, great variety and pretty decent QC.  This is smurfake mushroom with chicken dumpling, there's always English instruction and ingredients at the back.

« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2020, 10:36:16 AM »
Day 5 - morning weight 104
Saturday is normally speed work. With the challenge in mind today was ME lower and cardio.

Two goals: a good deadlifft variation session and cardio enough to make total 'active calories burned' as defined by Garmin Vivo* up to 1000 on this session.

Farmers walks for warm-up, 10 cm deficit deadlifts up to 1RM, 4 sets of barbell rows (3x6, 1x30) and some ab work later I still had 40 min of stair master, 10 of of row machine and 15 min of excercise bike to go thru untill reaching the goal

Regarding diet: So far I've outlined my breakfasts and pretty typical lunch. The 2nd photo is of typical recovery meal. Green tea (strong), simple cheese and salami open sandwitch and something sugary for quick carbs. This time it was tradional Christmas pastery. I try and eat this type of meal/snack as soon as I get home from gym.

*It seems to me that whilst getting rest heart rates quite alright the Garmin is not very accurate with activity heart rate measuring. It is constantly showing numbers some 10 - 15 beats less than measurement by fingers or the apparatus in stair master. Since HR is used for calorie count I think it misses the target some. So, I'm using this as trend and target setting purposes only.

by this axe I rule
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2020, 10:42:13 AM »
I used to live alone and it's not always easy since I could just order any junk food I want.  What I did was trying to stick to really quick meal I could fix myself, so I could literally cook it within 5-10min with minimum dishwashing(yes, lazy I know), and that beats ordering out since I still have to wait for half an hour and more. 

Omelets with some kind of pre-cooked meal and veggie was always a favorite, pan-spray and non-stick pan makes it really fast eat and easy.

Another great 'weapon' in the kitchen is the Japanese “Yukihira Nabe” pot, it is the greatest gift to any single living alone I swear. 

A full pot of water could be brought to boil within a min(or that's what I felt like), it's ridiculously fast.  Pair that with Chinese frozen dumpling, I could have a meal ready in 10min, with low carb, good protein and some veggie.  And again, minimum clean up after cooking.

(Image removed from quote.)
Yukihira Nabe pot has really thin walls, but it is advised not to fry in the pot since it's easy to blacken it.

(Image removed from quote.)
This brand is my favorite of Chinese frozen dumpling, great variety and pretty decent QC.  This is smurfake mushroom with chicken dumpling, there's always English instruction and ingredients at the back.

Thanks for the info, my current favourite kitchen item is my wok, i can make a really nice stir fry in a little over ten minutes.

« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2020, 02:10:15 PM »
Day 5 - morning weight 104
Saturday is normally speed work. With the challenge in mind today was ME lower and cardio.

Two goals: a good deadlifft variation session and cardio enough to make total 'active calories burned' as defined by Garmin Vivo* up to 1000 on this session.

Farmers walks for warm-up, 10 cm deficit deadlifts up to 1RM, 4 sets of barbell rows (3x6, 1x30) and some ab work later I still had 40 min of stair master, 10 of of row machine and 15 min of excercise bike to go thru untill reaching the goal

Regarding diet: So far I've outlined my breakfasts and pretty typical lunch. The 2nd photo is of typical recovery meal. Green tea (strong), simple cheese and salami open sandwitch and something sugary for quick carbs. This time it was tradional Christmas pastery. I try and eat this type of meal/snack as soon as I get home from gym.

*It seems to me that whilst getting rest heart rates quite alright the Garmin is not very accurate with activity heart rate measuring. It is constantly showing numbers some 10 - 15 beats less than measurement by fingers or the apparatus in stair master. Since HR is used for calorie count I think it misses the target some. So, I'm using this as trend and target setting purposes only. (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for sharing, I gonna look into Green tea for recovery, sounds interesting!  I looked at all the labels for my coffee packet, turns out most of them have a fair amount of carbs in them, despite there is no sugar.  So It's likely I am going to find something else or use Green tea as a substitute.

Thanks for the info, my current favourite kitchen item is my wok, i can make a really nice stir fry in a little over ten minutes.

:cheers:  That will work too!

« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »
Day 5

After doing the OMAD plan yesterday, and am planning to try 4-5 days of keto diet, and see how it would go.  For many, many years, though I do eat my share of veggies in all different colors, I don't eat much fruit since they are often too 'sweet' for my taste.  And since I am actively restricting my carb intake, I figure I am half way there for a Keto diet, may as well give it a go.

My long, long term plan is to be more cautious on carb intake, lower sugar and generally watch what I eat and try to eat 'less'.  But since I am trying to cut weight aggresively, I would like to see whether I do it by eating a certain diet, without doing extraordinary amount of exercise.  That way, for future references, I could always perform the same routine whenever I need to cut my weight back.

Dinner at home with parents, they are making schnitzel tonight, but I am only eating the veggie along with it, and skipping all the potato and carbs.

No Life Club Posts: 3,913
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »
And hairy fruit for a snack.

Did you know that you can eat the kiwi peel?  I did not learn this until a couple of years ago.  Makes it much easier to eat.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:55:14 PM by powernoodle »

« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »
Back on track today, I had brown rice, mixed veg and two meat balls for dinner, I have also added some quinoa to my shopping order coming on Monday.

« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2020, 06:44:22 PM »
Day 05

There's a flatbread pizza in the oven at the moment, an update and pics will probably follow later in the day but I was excited to get my update out. I'm officially weighing myself every five days so this is my first check in.

Day 0- 362.6lbs

Day 5- 359.2lbs

Total loss so far: 3.4lbs  :woohoo:

I haven't managed to get dedicated workouts in this week for a few reasons, but have stuck to my diet and made and effort to pound the stairs on the hour to get me moving and it's working!  :ahhh

Keep it up guys, we got this  :tu:

« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2020, 06:47:45 PM »
Day 05

There's a flatbread pizza in the oven at the moment, an update and pics will probably follow later in the day but I was excited to get my update out. I'm officially weighing myself every five days so this is my first check in.

Day 0- 362.6lbs

Day 5- 359.2lbs

Total loss so far: 3.4lbs  :woohoo:

I haven't managed to get dedicated workouts in this week for a few reasons, but have stuck to my diet and made and effort to pound the stairs on the hour to get me moving and it's working!  :ahhh

Keep it up guys, we got this  :tu:

That is a very solid start to the challenge :tu:

« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2020, 07:34:23 PM »
Back on track today, I had brown rice, mixed veg and two meat balls for dinner, I have also added some quinoa to my shopping order coming on Monday.
:tu:

That is a very solid start to the challenge :tu:

:iagree:

Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,563 Born to multitask.
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2020, 08:08:56 PM »
It's working! Keep it up everyone! :like:
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2020, 09:46:24 PM »
Day 5 update

Went for a winter walk, if the Les Stroud adage "You sweat, you die" was applicable here, I'd have killed the entire village  :ahhh

No Life Club Posts: 3,913
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2020, 10:56:43 PM »
OMAD for me today.  Drank 24 oz. of water upon waking, followed by hot black tea and hot peppermint tea (100% peppermint) throughout the day.  At 4:00 p.m. I was not hungry, but decided to eat anyway.  Had a big a@@ salad with spring mix, cucumber, giant olives, celery, walnuts and oil & balsamic vinegar.  I like to start with a big salad to get a flood of minerals and phytonutrients to fuel my midi-chlorians.  Followed the salad with one leftover, baked chicken thigh and a small portion of baked cabbage/capers/sliced almonds from yesterday, and a juicy, slightly overripe pear.  I am totally full right now and not suffering in the slightest on this eating plan, though as I say I was not hungry in the first place.  I have read that - counterintuitively - fasting reduces your hunger because your insulin is not skyrocketing and plummeting all day, and that seems to be the case for me at least today.  I will have a 15 gram square of 85% dark chocolate in a little while (or more if I want it), in part because of its health benefits and also because its yummy.  Cold hibiscus tea later, which nutritionfacts.org says is better for you than even green tea - at least on the ORAC scale (total antioxidant capacity).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIAhZ71utr8
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 11:08:12 PM by powernoodle »

« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2020, 11:42:34 PM »
Day 5: Had a fruit smoothie for breakfast, a pumpkin power bar for lunch, and a small sandwich for dinner.   Walked the dogs and did my online workout.  I dropped a pound!

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 3,074
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2020, 01:24:07 AM »
Day 6

Such inspiring stories all, it really helps knowing you’re all working so hard on this. I think of you when I’m about to eat something I’ll regret in the morning :think: and try to resist, with mixed results tbh, but am definitely doing better than I was before the challenge.

I’ve cut back a bit on the carbs and am trying to just have one or two small snacks rather than the normal 5 or 6 in the evening.

It took me 3 or 4 years to go from 95kg down to 78 (where I was at the start of lockdown in March), and I know I’m best off doing slow and steady so I can maintain it.

Reckon I’m probably around 86 or 87 now, some of that is muscle as doing minimum 25 but usually 40-50 push ups 5 days a week plus some light weights. Anymore and my 58 year old body complains too much and I’ll end up injuring myself as has happened before.

Going into town and walking 8km rather than the current 2 has really shown me why it’s happened, I would do that 5 days a week normally so I think getting back to the office next year will be a big help. It’s hard when it’s hot to get out and about other than early morning and evening. I have retina damage caused by the sun so have to be mindful I’ve been told. Always wear a hat and sunnies.

Keep it up folks, your inspiring me to make the best effort I have in 8 months

:tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $10.66
PayPal Fees: $0.63
Net Balance: $10.03
Below Goal: $289.97