Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Weight-loss Challenge

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Weight-loss Challenge
Reply #750 on: January 17, 2021, 07:41:07 PM
The Mrs on the other hand did her long freaking workout, she even took a pic (well I did) of the scale and she made a little quote to post on her page, I asked her if she’d mind if I posted it on here and she said no prob, go ahead,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Online Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #751 on: January 17, 2021, 11:18:04 PM
The Mrs on the other hand did her long freaking workout, she even took a pic (well I did) of the scale and she made a little quote to post on her page, I asked her if she’d mind if I posted it on here and she said no prob, go ahead,,
JR
Superb Mrs MP :like:

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #752 on: January 17, 2021, 11:51:13 PM
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #753 on: January 18, 2021, 01:54:05 AM
 :iagree: :tu:

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #754 on: January 18, 2021, 06:23:12 AM
Spiffing work y’all!
Xtra credit to Mrs MP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by this axe I rule

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #755 on: January 18, 2021, 06:32:19 AM
Can we give her the badge? :think: She's earned it multiple times. :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #756 on: January 18, 2021, 04:09:15 PM
She’s on here, just hasn’t been on in SOO long,
Me on the other hand fell asleep holding her and ended up having a seizure, she had to push me off and I guess it twisted me, cause when I woke up that back pain was back but not as bad, we have to go grocery shopping so if I’m up to it by the time we get back then I’ll hit the treadmill,  so we’ll see,,
JR

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15731
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #757 on: January 18, 2021, 06:39:38 PM
fell asleep holding her and ended up having a seizure

Exercising while you sleep is cheating - you know that, right?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #758 on: January 18, 2021, 09:15:58 PM
Exercising while you sleep is cheating - you know that, right?
Yeah well, while shopping I went to lift a very heavy bag into the cart and it wasn’t good! I had to make three trips from our friends car to the house cause I just couldn’t take the weight, then as I got a pinch in my back and felt like I was going to fall I slammed my hand on the doorjamb in order to catch, needless to say that’s also killing me, I’m just falling apart! :cry: :cry: :cry:
JR

au Online Echotech

Reply #759 on: January 18, 2021, 09:44:57 PM
Yeah well, while shopping I went to lift a very heavy bag into the cart and it wasn’t good! I had to make three trips from our friends car to the house cause I just couldn’t take the weight, then as I got a pinch in my back and felt like I was going to fall I slammed my hand on the doorjamb in order to catch, needless to say that’s also killing me, I’m just falling apart! :cry: :cry: :cry:
JR
Ouch, sorry to hear that mate, wishing you a swift recovery

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #760 on: January 19, 2021, 09:58:59 PM
Between last year and now the Mrs lost 20lbs, she wanted me to make her a little side by side pic so she could look at the diff pics, there’s not much of a change but you can see a few things, I mean it’s nothing like the last pic I posted which showed her 250lb loss, but you got to think if she’s at 164lbs and 30bs of that is extra skin which won’t get removed that puts her down to 134lbs, there ain’t much more to come off! Nor is it easy!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #761 on: January 20, 2021, 12:36:45 AM
But today I thought sod it I will live dangerously and give it a go.despite still being over weight for it. I only managed 13 mins before having to  stop.

Sir you did great.  I edited it to read more positive.  Give yourself some proper credit as you got on the bike and rode which is wonderful.  Keep it up little by little.  You'll get there, where ever there is for you!  :woohoo:
Esse Quam Videri

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #762 on: January 20, 2021, 04:19:49 AM
 :iagree:
A small step forward is still a step forward. :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #763 on: January 21, 2021, 06:53:50 PM
Hit the treadmill this morning, I hit the mile mark and started to quit but then this song came on and I was like I’m going to finish out to 25min, what song you ask? Queen “we will rock you” lol..
JR

au Online Echotech

Reply #764 on: January 21, 2021, 11:03:38 PM
Good song MP and good work :like:

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #765 on: January 22, 2021, 08:49:35 AM
November 21   -  101.9kg - 224.65lbs
November 24   -  100.6kg - 221.78lbs
December 1      -  98.65kg - 217.5lbs
December 4      -    97.3kg - 214.5lbs
December 8      -    95.9kg - 211.4lbs
December 13    -    94.8kg - 209lbs
December 17    -    94.1kg - 207.4lbs
December 22    -     91.7kg - 202lbs
December 26    -   93.25kg - 205.5lbs
December 27    -    92.1kg  - 203lbs
December 30    -   91.25kg - 201lbs
January 1           -   89.95kg - 198lbs
January 11         -   86kg      - 189.6lbs
January 22         -   84kg      - 185lbs

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #766 on: January 22, 2021, 09:34:41 AM
 :)
Being this close to my goal, I made a weird discovery.
I did not have a goal. I had not set any goal, mainly because I was not sure it would go this well, this quick. Since the beginning of October, I've lost 30kg (66lbs). That's amazing to me, and I am beyond happy to have done it. It was certainly not easy.

So, while I had 80kg as an approximate goal, I was mainly aiming to lose the belly. But the thing is, what if, in order to lose the belly, I have to go to 78kg or something? And if I did go that low, I'd have to gain weight again anyway, because I want to gain muscle mass. So it does not make sense to drop that low, only to gain the weight back again to turn it to muscle.

So, whatever the weight-loss may be by then, I will continue losing weight up to February 7. If I reach 80kg, fine. If there is a little belly left, fine. I'll start eating healthy, but normal portions, instead of the strict diet I've been on all this time. And I will exercise more. That way, I will burn excess fat, lose the belly, while also taking in healthy food for muscle.

It is my birthday on February 8, and I cannot think of a better gift I could give myself, than having lost all that weight. Although I'll buy some clothes that fit me better. And maybe a SAK or MT. :D

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #767 on: January 22, 2021, 09:44:01 AM
There is a guy called Funk Roberts and he has a special program for men over 40. It has a meal program, workouts etc, is quite comprehensive. I've been following this for more than 3 months now and am extremely happy with it. This program defines a new life style, i.e. eating habits, discipline, mental preparation etc. There is a invite-only facebook support group, as well, where ppl share their challenges, hardships and successes etc. I highly recommend it.

au Online Echotech

Reply #768 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:02 AM
:)
Being this close to my goal, I made a weird discovery.
I did not have a goal. I had not set any goal, mainly because I was not sure it would go this well, this quick. Since the beginning of October, I've lost 30kg (66lbs). That's amazing to me, and I am beyond happy to have done it. It was certainly not easy.

So, while I had 80kg as an approximate goal, I was mainly aiming to lose the belly. But the thing is, what if, in order to lose the belly, I have to go to 78kg or something? And if I did go that low, I'd have to gain weight again anyway, because I want to gain muscle mass. So it does not make sense to drop that low, only to gain the weight back again to turn it to muscle.

So, whatever the weight-loss may be by then, I will continue losing weight up to February 7. If I reach 80kg, fine. If there is a little belly left, fine. I'll start eating healthy, but normal portions, instead of the strict diet I've been on all this time. And I will exercise more. That way, I will burn excess fat, lose the belly, while also taking in healthy food for muscle.

It is my birthday on February 8, and I cannot think of a better gift I could give myself, than having lost all that weight. Although I'll buy some clothes that fit me better. And maybe a SAK or MT. :D
:salute: :hatsoff:
Seriously great RP congratulations

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #769 on: January 22, 2021, 01:49:02 PM
Sir you did great.  I edited it to read more positive.  Give yourself some proper credit as you got on the bike and rode which is wonderful.  Keep it up little by little.  You'll get there, where ever there is for you!  :woohoo:
thank you Aloha.
Did not get much done this week due to ill health culminating in a covid test that came back negative luckily.
I did did still manage to lose another lb though. Still a bit under the weather, but hope to get back out walking now i  know i am not covid contagious.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #770 on: January 22, 2021, 01:50:50 PM
RP you have done fantastically,  :tu:

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #771 on: January 22, 2021, 01:57:57 PM
Hit the treadmill this morning, I hit the mile mark and started to quit but then this song came on and I was like I’m going to finish out to 25min, what song you ask? Queen “we will rock you” lol..
JR

Top work MP. When i used to run a lot i used to increase my work outs by one song every time i wanted to step up, it can be a great incentive. some times i would not make it till the end but if i did not i knew i had given it everything.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #772 on: January 22, 2021, 02:06:48 PM
RP you've done wonderful.  Congrats for all the hard work you put in and your results.   :hatsoff:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #773 on: January 22, 2021, 02:22:28 PM
thank you Aloha.
Did not get much done this week due to ill health culminating in a covid test that came back negative luckily.
I did did still manage to lose another lb though. Still a bit under the weather, but hope to get back out walking now i  know i am not covid contagious.

Glad you were negative.  Meal by meal, physical activity by physical activity, each thing you do is a benefit.  You'll get there.  In many ways I believe the set backs are opportunities.  They are opportunities to strengthen our resolve and get us focused.  I know you'll get to where you want. 

I'm here routing your on from California  :woohoo:.  Each step and each positive choice you make are going to get you closer on your journey.   
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #774 on: January 23, 2021, 12:25:26 AM
Glad you were negative.  Meal by meal, physical activity by physical activity, each thing you do is a benefit.  You'll get there.  In many ways I believe the set backs are opportunities.  They are opportunities to strengthen our resolve and get us focused.  I know you'll get to where you want. 

I'm here routing your on from California  :woohoo:.  Each step and each positive choice you make are going to get you closer on your journey.

Thanks a lot,  :cheers:

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #775 on: January 30, 2021, 03:53:32 AM
January 30         -   81.5kg   - 179.5lbs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #776 on: January 30, 2021, 04:30:00 AM
Wtg RP, that saks awl is coming in handy, the Mrs got on the scale this morning and weighed in as she does every day but today hit a new low one pound lower then her last,,
JR

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #777 on: January 31, 2021, 06:20:36 PM
January 30         -   81.5kg   - 179.5lbs
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

absolutely amazing results RP  :tu:

I have not been about recently due to ongoing ill health, nothing major just generally under the weather accompanied by some pain. not risking the doctors with covid infection so high lately. on the plus side it has served as a reminder to how important getting back to a healthier me is.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #778 on: January 31, 2021, 06:22:08 PM
Wtg RP, that saks awl is coming in handy, the Mrs got on the scale this morning and weighed in as she does every day but today hit a new low one pound lower then her last,,
JR

:tu:

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #779 on: February 01, 2021, 09:44:40 AM
Well, it's been an incredible journey. Four months of no chocolate, cookies, chips, crisps, doughnuts, fast food, pizza, alcohol, and many other tasty, nasty things. Four months of watching others eat and looking the other way. It was not easy, but I am pleased to say that I did it. I lost 32kg and I could not be happier. All my clothes are loose, and my belts are riddled with holes. I have not been this healthy for over a decade.

Massive thanks to everyone who joined in on this and everyone who supported us all through this. Special thanks to my coworker who encouraged me to begin, and to my little niece, who ran around everywhere.

It took fourth months, but I did it. You can do it too. Sure, it'll take a long time possibly. But you'll start seeing results after only a week. Results in themselves are motivation to keep at it.

Now, I'll have something I've craved for fourth months. A nice, soft, succulent pizza. :like: :drool:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%