Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire Multitool- Perfect Campfire Tool

Sos24 · 17 · 1605

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
on: November 28, 2020, 03:38:14 AM
I just came across this tool and it looks like it could be the perfect tool for Campfires, so I thought I would share.

https://www.zippo.com/products/surefire-multi-tool

Does anyone have any experience with it?
I know I am tempted just for the fun of it.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Surefire Multitool- Perfect Campfire Tool
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 03:46:51 AM
Very interesting looking tool, Sos :o I like Zippo branded stuff myself as well :dd:

Thanks for sharing :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 06:02:43 AM
The music  :facepalm:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Sos24

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 06:23:57 AM
It is a shame because it is interesting.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 06:33:03 AM
 :iagree: Not terribly priced either. 
Esse Quam Videri

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 08:12:01 AM
This looks really interesting! I think I might need one...

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 08:19:51 AM
Sos24, good one, I looked it up and found a video by cutlerylover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fC7csDRzAE&ab_channel=cutlerylover

I think that's a pretty realistic review by average user, the grader idea is interesting, but the spark wheel aren't too well designed and this tool certainly needs quality tinder in order for it to work.  I think I'm just luke warm about it.

Btw, have you got the chance to checkout the new ARC insert by Zippo?  I think that's a very interesting offering, consider everything is electronic nowadays.  The double butane jet insert looks fantastic too, Zippo really has evolved leaps and bounds in recent years.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 08:56:44 AM
Sos24, good one, I looked it up and found a video by cutlerylover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fC7csDRzAE&ab_channel=cutlerylover

I think that's a pretty realistic review by average user, the grader idea is interesting, but the spark wheel aren't too well designed and this tool certainly needs quality tinder in order for it to work.  I think I'm just luke warm about it.

Btw, have you got the chance to checkout the new ARC insert by Zippo?  I think that's a very interesting offering, consider everything is electronic nowadays.  The double butane jet insert looks fantastic too, Zippo really has evolved leaps and bounds in recent years.

I tried both the ARC and single torch inserts.  The ARC is interesting, but takes some getting used to because you have to actually touch it to what you want to light.  The single torch is nice, especially with the all metal case as compared to the partially plastic case of some other insert brands.

The butane insert I am really liking and using right now is one that has the ability to have a soft flame or torch within the same brass insert.  Wheel lights soft flame, then if press button get single torch. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:05:09 AM by Sos24 »

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 02:37:11 PM
I tried both the ARC and single torch inserts.  The ARC is interesting, but takes some getting used to because you have to actually touch it to what you want to light.  The single torch is nice, especially with the all metal case as compared to the partially plastic case of some other insert brands.

The butane insert I am really liking and using right now is one that has the ability to have a soft flame or torch within the same brass insert.  Wheel lights soft flame, then if press button get single torch. 
(Image removed from quote.)
Learnt something new today, thank you!  That's an awesome suggestion!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 03:09:21 PM
What is the brand of that insert :think: I have one of the single butane inserts and it is pretty good but goes through butane a bit faster than I like :ahhh that insert seems to be the best of both worlds  :o :like:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 08:14:21 PM
What is the brand of that insert :think: I have one of the single butane inserts and it is pretty good but goes through butane a bit faster than I like :ahhh that insert seems to be the best of both worlds  :o :like:
The brand is Yusud.  I’ve only seen it on Amazon.

The torch is nice for certain tasks, at the cost of higher butane use.  I like the soft flame for most things, which is why I had a different brand insert with just that.  So yes, this gives the best of both.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 12:12:17 AM
I like and regularly use the Zippo single torch insert.  I haven't tried their double torch insert, as it goes through fuel much faster than the single, and the benefit of the double torch is limited IMO.  I also haven't tried the Arc insert, and probably won't due to the low number of lights it provides per charge.

Per Zippo, the single torch, double torch, and Arc inserts are rated at 100, 60, & 40 five-second lights per fill/charge, respectively.

I carry a Bic in addition to the Zippo (w/ single torch insert), for those times when a soft flame is preferred, when the Zippo runs out of fuel, and or someone asks to borrow my lighter.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 12:22:25 AM
Almost bought one when Zippo released it.  Zippo's original knives, produced by Case from the '50s or '60s all the way up to 5-6 years ago were really good. I have three of those (one lockback and two small gentleman's knives with nailfiles) But, this thing has implements that look to be sourced from five-dollar SAK knockoffs. The steel is likely as soft as aluminum, and the saw better used as a fish scaler. It is kinda big and bulky if you ask me.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 03:02:26 AM

The torch is nice for certain tasks, at the cost of higher butane use.  I like the soft flame for most things, which is why I had a different brand insert with just that.  So yes, this gives the best of both.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 01:51:21 AM

The torch is nice for certain tasks, at the cost of higher butane use. I like the soft flame for most things, which is why I had a different brand insert with just that.  So yes, this gives the best of both.

I'm not sure that is true. Basically a torch lighter throttles the flow of butane, kind of like putting your finger over the end of an open garden hose, and allows for more introduction of oxygen, thus creating a more efficient burn. So I would say a single burner torch would actually usually less butane. Granted some of the triple and quad torch lighters do seem to suck down the butane at a higher rate but I find those almost invariably to be overkill.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 10:13:21 PM
This does look interesting.
I'm happy to see some new ideas anyways  :like:

But I can't help it thinking about some spaghetti and a piece of Parmesan cheese now  :D

us Offline Sos24

Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 11:46:23 PM
This does look interesting.
I'm happy to see some new ideas anyways  :like:

But I can't help it thinking about some spaghetti and a piece of Parmesan cheese now  :D
:rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD