Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone bought a Huntsman from ShenZhenShiXinXinXiangRongkejiyouxiangongsi?

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Don't worry, this is not a serious question.
But there really is a seller on Amazon DE selling wood-scaled Huntsmans super-cheap. Naturally I took a look at the  seller's name. Is it me or does the name ShenZhenShiXinXinXiangRongkejiyouxiangongsi fail to inspire confidence?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Not to start anything that might be controversial, but typically, when I see a name like that on a listing, it never inspires confidence.

00 Online Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Don't worry, this is not a serious question.
But there really is a seller on Amazon DE selling wood-scaled Huntsmans super-cheap. Naturally I took a look at the  seller's name. Is it me or does the name ShenZhenShiXinXinXiangRongkejiyouxiangongsi fail to inspire confidence?

:iagree: His friends just call him "Sham", I suppose.

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Well, Dr. T apparently ordered one of those wood scaled Huntsmen, and he did receive... something with wooden scales  :think:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Wait a second... Dr. T.... is it you, Dr. Thunderpants?  :dwts:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Yes indeed, my name is Dr TheophilisNedwardBingoToolkitFingerlickinJacksonPollockPinoccioDwaynetherockjohnsonPapagenoTwilight Dodo Thunderpants.
You've met my half brother, Prof ShenZhenShiXinXinXiangRongkejiyouxiangongsi? He likes Saks too...

nl Offline EMZ

Why are you being so suspecious?
If you don't trust him, write him a letter. Here's his address (no joke!):

songyuanlu9haomaoyuandasha401
luohuquguiyuanjiedaosongyuanshequ
shenzhenshi
guangdongsheng
CN

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Yes indeed, my name is Dr TheophilisNedwardBingoToolkitFingerlickinJacksonPollockPinoccioDwaynetherockjohnsonPapagenoTwilight Dodo Thunderpants.
You've met my half brother, Prof ShenZhenShiXinXinXiangRongkejiyouxiangongsi? He likes Saks too...

Ok, Dr. T.P.  ;)

I dunno. I generally trust sellers until I find a reason not to trust.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

00 Online Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Why are you being so suspecious?
If you don't trust him, write him a letter. Here's his address (no joke!):

songyuanlu9haomaoyuandasha401
luohuquguiyuanjiedaosongyuanshequ
shenzhenshi
guangdongsheng
CN

Actually the address sounds legit (translated into Pinyin it just appears very long), and the seller's name is the name of a company (gongsi), so again nothing wrong with the name being quite long in Pinyin.

My above joke aside (which was a bit cheap and for which I apologise if I offended any Asian knights), I wouldn't trust this offer for one simple reason: in my personal experience, if an offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is. If a seller from a country into which you could only import the goods at issue - which are, as we know, all made in Switzerland - with sizeable import taxes offers them for considerably less than the best offers you can get in the EU (to whose trade zone Switzerland belongs), logic dictates that something smells distinctly fishy.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Simon's correct, it was the mysteriously low price that stoked my mistrust, rather than the seller's location or nationality. For multiple reasons, alarm bells should be ringing if a gentleman in China is selling SAKs cheaper than they are in SAKland.
I would have totally ignored it, had it not been for the seller's comically verbose name.
The guy has 66% negative feedback, which should put off even the most optimistic buyer.
Anyway I only started the topic because I thought the name was amusing. Didn't really intend it to be a study in Sinophobia and no offence was intended. I thought the name sounded like a real winner!

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Yeah, I spent 6 weeks in "that country" and have a lot I could tell about it....here may not be the best place to get into all that. One thing I would point out is that the people and their historical culture are fascinating, and there are some really wonderful people there who should not be judged by their leadership or other circumstances they can individually do little to change.

As for the individual hawking knives, 66% bad feedback? How does that even happen? Unless you've only made 3 sales.

As for how they might possibly obtain SAK's, think airport confiscations.....
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
This name reminds me of the (not very well knowned) German Baroque composer, Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
No people should be judged by their leadership  ;)   ;)  current or past  :D

If you import anything from Switzerland into the EU then you pay taxes as the Swiss are not EU members.

Thus you see Damascus Victorinox cheaper in the US than in the EU. I was told that there is a tax agreement of some sort between the US and Switzerland
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Ah yes! How could I forget the immortal Johann Gambolputty...of Ulm.
My wife, Theodora Breakfast Bunny Framlingham Twister Nuclear Codes Rum N Raison Trash Compactor, has all his records.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Actually, some years ago while DX was one of the best asian sites to get cheap stuff from and before any of the Alis existed, DX was selling quite a few SAKs at suspiciously low prices. We were hesitant, but they were real SAKs, last place I even saw 108mm Solos. And they were under 20 usd shipped.

One should be suspicious especially with low feedback score and credentials, but once in a while, good deal can be made, with way better prices than in the EU or the US.

00 Online Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
No people should be judged by their leadership  ;)   ;)  current or past  :D

If you import anything from Switzerland into the EU then you pay taxes as the Swiss are not EU members.

Thus you see Damascus Victorinox cheaper in the US than in the EU. I was told that there is a tax agreement of some sort between the US and Switzerland

Not entirely correct. Even though they are not members of the EU, Switzerland is partially integrated into the EU's single market.

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Indeed, thanks to a bilateral treaty - interesting place, with forgiveness from our Swiss members, but from my experience, commune first, then canton, then confederation, then international relations in that order!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Not entirely correct. Even though they are not members of the EU, Switzerland is partially integrated into the EU's single market.
last time I got something from Switzerland I paid import tax. I am in an EU country.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Interesting as my last 5 shipments from Switzerland came through with no extra duties to pay - sadly that’ll no longer be the case post-Brexit until we do a bilateral treaty with Switzerland...... :facepalm:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
This name reminds me of the (not very well knowned) German Baroque composer, Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

(Image removed from quote.)

8) 8)

:)  :( :o   ??? :o  :o  >:D   :ahhh  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
last time I got something from Switzerland I paid import tax. I am in an EU country.
Same here.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Same here.

We need to move to the UK where they pay no tax (or used to)

In general here anything from a third country with a value under 20 Euro will not get taxed. Anything over gets taxed. This is a general rule as many times small items with a value more than 20 Euro will still not get taxed.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Here they count the total value, and add the shipping cost to the total too. :facepalm:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
same here

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Same here too.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
At least we can not complain that we are not treated equally :)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

nl Offline nitram

Here they count the total value, and add the shipping cost to the total too. :facepalm:

Same here. And after July 1st items under €22 won’t be exempt anymore.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Same here. And after July 1st items under %u20AC22 won%u2019t be exempt anymore.
Same here. (is this a trend? Like we're all in a Union or something. :D )
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

nl Offline nitram

Same here. (is this a trend? Like we're all in a Union or something. :D )

:think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD