Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modding SAK Compact + Led-Magnifying glass + Wood Saw + Altimeter scales

nuvell · 23 · 2086

it Offline nuvell

Good morning everyone.
I intend to make this knife: Starting from a COMPACT (to reduce a layer), leave the scissors with hook and file, add Led and magnifying glass in line, wood saw (possibly with variant that houses the mini screwdriver on the back which I would like to replace with the reamer by filing it a little because it is thicker)
Finally I would put the altimeter scales.
Altogether there are four levels, with everything I need to go to the mountains.
I would put in order:
Large blade and compact can opener-bottle opener, wood saw, magnifying glass - LED and finally the scissors to give more air to the altitude sensors.
What do you think?
Thanks Marco

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
First of awl, welcome aboard!

:cheers: :salute:

As per the mod you describe, I think it's the first time I hear of a mag + light layer. Have you tried it yet? Are they compatible?

If that's what works for you, go ahead. Hope it turns out as good as you imagine!

:tu: :tu:

Remember:

:worthless:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

it Offline nuvell

Thanks for the welcome. :)
On the assembly diagram of the cybertool lite it can be seen that the spring is the same as the voyager.
With a lens in hand and the spring of the same voyager I tried and it works perfectly, without making the click of the philips screwdriver due to the lack of notches (steps).
I will certainly take pictures.
Hello :like:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Hi nuvell, i did it on one of mine and it sticks in my mind i had to fettle the light and mag a bit to match them up perfectly but it does work well  :tu:

Mine was a Traveller lite donor with bits of CT and Explorer,  blades, firesteel, torch and mag and then opener layers, corkscrew and awl on the back but i plan to tear it down and add a saw sometime, i thought about adding a saw at the time but decided not to, i decided later it would be better with one  ::)  it's now on the to do list

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

it Offline nuvell

Hi nuvell, i did it on one of mine and it sticks in my mind i had to fettle the light and mag a bit to match them up perfectly but it does work well  :tu:

Mine was a Traveller lite donor with bits of CT and Explorer,  blades, firesteel, torch and mag and then opener layers, corkscrew and awl on the back but i plan to tear it down and add a saw sometime, i thought about adding a saw at the time but decided not to, i decided later it would be better with one  ::)  it's now on the to do list

(Image removed from quote.)

Many thanks for the photo.
Wonder if it is difficult to remove the scales without damaging the electronics of the altimeter ....
Hello Marco

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
A lot can go wrong if you pry in the wrong place on the middle pin so i came in from the back scale removing one layer at a time then just pull the pins and it will pop right off with no damage, take care pressing them back on when finished :tu:

it Offline nuvell

A lot can go wrong if you pry in the wrong place on the middle pin so i came in from the back scale removing one layer at a time then just pull the pins and it will pop right off with no damage, take care pressing them back on when finished :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)
Very well, thank you.
In translation I didn't understand what you mean by being careful to press the pins back when I'm done.
Do you intend to reassemble the scales for the same reasons as not to damage the electronics?

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
No no, when the knife is complete and peened ready to re fit the scales take care pressing the front scale back on to the bushes, treat the back scale as you would normally, take extra care with the front, it should go on with no problems but be careful where you press it :tu:

it Offline nuvell

No no, when the knife is complete and peened ready to re fit the scales take care pressing the front scale back on to the bushes, treat the back scale as you would normally, take extra care with the front, it should go on with no problems but be careful where you press it :tu:

perfect, thank you

it Offline nuvell

perfect, thank you

Sorry if I still bother you I wanted to ask you something, when you disassemble all the instruments, leaving the scale with the altimeter below, do you leave the instruments all open or all closed to make it easier for them to come out? Thanks Marco

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
If you mean the tools, blade/scissors etc it makes no odds if they are open or closed when you're taking it apart, i keep mine closed for safety sake then when you remove the liner and wiggle the tool it will free itself anyway, it's under tension but its nothing worth worrying about, nothing will ping away

Remember not to damage your bushings so be careful with the drill and centre punch them first, even if you have spares they are always worth saving  :tu:

it Offline nuvell

If you mean the tools, blade/scissors etc it makes no odds if they are open or closed when you're taking it apart, i keep mine closed for safety sake then when you remove the liner and wiggle the tool it will free itself anyway, it's under tension but its nothing worth worrying about, nothing will ping away

Remember not to damage your bushings so be careful with the drill and centre punch them first, even if you have spares they are always worth saving  :tu:
Thanks very much

it Offline nuvell

:climber:

Goodmorning everyone.
I finally managed to achieve what I wanted, with the sacrifice of some donors ....
I won't tell you the difficulty in disassembling the altimeter, leaving the scales with the display mounted and arriving slowly from the rear.
In the end, as per the initial project I made: Scales Altimeter / Thermometer, Scissors to air the sensors and hook on the back with file, magnifying glass in line with the REMOVABLE led (thanks to MAX STONE  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81046.60.html )

Wood saw and in the back reamer that I had to file and polish as it is 2 mm thick instead of 1.8 mm of the mini screwdriver and make an invitation for the nail to be able to lift it (as in the swisschamp),
Then lastly, multipurpose tool (can opener, bottle opener, flat screwdriver and wire stripper) and large blade (on the back corkscrew).
Furthermore, the donor altimeter had the scales on the back very worn, so with a hobby sandblaster and very fine sand, I sanded it and I almost recreated the original rough.
I believe this is the useful tool for going to the mountains.

His name is ALTYEOMAN PLUS

Later I will show you other projects.
Thanks to your advice that you have given me and that I have read in the various posts.
Hello Marco
IMG_20210110_141431.jpg
* IMG_20210110_141431.jpg (Filesize: 228.97 KB)
IMG_20210111_082601.jpg
* IMG_20210111_082601.jpg (Filesize: 241.95 KB)
IMG_20210111_082847.jpg
* IMG_20210111_082847.jpg (Filesize: 188.33 KB)
IMG_20210111_083022.jpg
* IMG_20210111_083022.jpg (Filesize: 189.96 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Nice! Thanks for sharing!

:cheers: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
 :like: Nice work, perfect for the hills  :tu:

00 Offline o_6

Looks Great.

Here is my new mod:

Alox Rambler @ Work
111.jpg
* 111.jpg (Filesize: 192.68 KB)
2.jpg
* 2.jpg (Filesize: 241.96 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Looks Great.

Here is my new mod:

Alox Rambler @ Work

Wow, that looks great! Love that colour!

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline o_6

Sorry, I suppose to post it to the show off thread.

I am trying to delete it, but I think timeout, I can not. Sorry.
If any administrator here can help, please delete my previous Alox Rambler thread.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:00:41 PM by o_6 »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
From the looks of it it’s possible to put an awl on the backside of a wood saw? What kind of spine do you need to use? I got a compact and I want to switch out the corkscrew for a Philips, but I’d also not mind to add a wood saw, I saw a hiker which has both but also a awl which would make it absolutely perfect but it looks like it goes to the backside of the openers? So I’d get the saw and Philips but just wouldn’t be able to add the awl,, any info would be appreciated..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
From the looks of it it’s possible to put an awl on the backside of a wood saw? What kind of spine do you need to use? I got a compact and I want to switch out the corkscrew for a Philips, but I’d also not mind to add a wood saw, I saw a hiker which has both but also a awl which would make it absolutely perfect but it looks like it goes to the backside of the openers? So I’d get the saw and Philips but just wouldn’t be able to add the awl,, any info would be appreciated..
JR

Looks like the OP did it the way I suggested to you in the show-off thread…with the opener backspring. Because you can see the keyring lug. Hope that helps.

Nice mod by the OP.  :tu:
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

it Offline nuvell

JR

Hello yes, you can put it on but to do a good job of it comes to file the awl a few tenths of a millimeter so that there are not two different thicknesses. If you look at the awl, it is a matter of filing a little less than half, i.e. from the hole in the pin onwards, from then on it is thinner.

us Offline King_Gorilla

Looks great

:like:

us Offline Hawaiiknifeandgear

Great set of tools, very nice.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41