Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox laser pointer

Brewc · 10 · 1118

us Offline Brewc

Victorinox laser pointer
on: November 30, 2020, 07:23:55 PM
Hey guys, I’m looking for Victorinox sak with a laser pointer. I have a mini champ with one I bought around 2009/2010 that has one and  I think it was a custom, has been my daily carry since. The scale with the laser part has came a little loose and if I can find a replacement can I move the scale to a new mini champ?

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Victorinox laser pointer
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:12:57 PM
I think the scale is the same as the typical lite module of the era. There are two main types, I think it uses the latter, modern type.

There aren’t many that come up for sale, so take care swapping the parts if you do.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 09:26:33 PM
I think the scale is the same as the typical lite module of the era. There are two main types, I think it uses the latter, modern type.

There aren’t many that come up for sale, so take care swapping the parts if you do.
They are similar, but not the same, due to the different dimensions of led/lasers modules and batteries

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 10:03:42 PM
They are similar, but not the same, due to the different dimensions of led/lasers modules and batteries
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

I think your Lite module is the early style I mention above. It has the ‘pop-out’ battery door. The modern Lites have a ‘swing-out’ door. Like your laser scale.

I have not taken apart my one laser to verify! But I have modded a few Lite modules and I am certain that there are at least two distinct types of those.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 10:11:29 PM
I think your Lite module is the early style I mention above. It has the ‘pop-out’ battery door. The modern Lites have a ‘swing-out’ door. Like your laser scale.

I have not taken apart my one laser to verify! But I have modded a few Lite modules and I am certain that there are at least two distinct types of those.

Seems, you're correct - old one used 1.5V battery (with 'pop-out' tray) and newer one with 3V battery

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 10:21:44 PM

Seems, you're correct - old one used 1.5V battery (with 'pop-out' tray) and newer one with 3V battery

:tu:

I pulled four samples for examples. Date on the pop out scale says ‘04-‘05. The laser scale says ‘08 and the other two are ‘13.

us Offline Brewc

Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 03:00:14 PM
Well guys, I was meaning where the scale is loose could I just take the whole thing off and put on a new knife or that too much?  Just Re- glue it.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 08:36:21 PM
Well guys, I was meaning where the scale is loose could I just take the whole thing off and put on a new knife or that too much?  Just Re- glue it.

I’d tend to want a new replacement scale since you’ve said they are already loose. But yes, you can glue it to another knife. I’d just use care with the glue because the laser unit is somewhat rare and valuable. A small amount in the holes should do it.

us Offline Brewc

Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 04:50:35 AM
I’d tend to want a new replacement scale since you’ve said they are already loose. But yes, you can glue it to another knife. I’d just use care with the glue because the laser unit is somewhat rare and valuable. A small amount in the holes should do it.

Well it’s been my carried in my pocket for about 10 years now, the blades and stuff are worn bent used a lot. Since I’ve had no luck finding another with the laser, why I was asking.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 05:09:23 PM
Well it’s been my carried in my pocket for about 10 years now, the blades and stuff are worn bent used a lot. Since I’ve had no luck finding another with the laser, why I was asking.

I’m probably not being clear.

I’d re-use the laser module, and transfer it to a new Lite module scale and attach it to a new Minichamp knife without using glue.

Or if you buy a new Midnight Minichamp, carefully remove the Lite module and put your laser in it. If you do a good job with the removal, it’ll stay on just fine.

I hope that makes sense.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%