Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Advice please...

gb Offline Dexter

Advice please...
on: January 12, 2021, 10:29:55 AM
Hi folks. Looking for some advice or input please. I’m wanting to do a giveaway. I have a couple of fixed blades that I don’t use.

However I was hoping to do things a little differently. Considering the times we live in I thought there may be some of us who are less fortunate or possibly hit hard times and would appreciate a little bit of knife happiness. If you have plenty or can easily afford something new, then this may not be for you. If you know someone , (or yourself) who would greatly appreciate a fixed blade (bushcraft knife), then please comment or PM me.

If any members have good ideas regarding the above please feel free to offer suggestions, or scrap my idea completely for something better.

I would prefer to keep this giveaway within the UK.
I can post pictures at a later date if needed.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Advice please...
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 11:32:00 AM
This is a very kind thing you're doing dexter  :cheers:
I don't have any advice really other than suggesting that you might want to stipulate a minimum number of posts to deter people just joining the forum for a Freeby, and be very clear in your post that you want the knife or knives to go to someone that doesn't have a big collection etc.

I do think that most of us here have a certain amount of kit but that's not too day there isn't someone out there that needs a bushy knife.

Anyway, lovely generous thought dude  :salute:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 11:33:44 AM
I don't have any advice really other than suggesting that you might want to stipulate a minimum number of posts to deter people just joining the forum for a Freeby, and be very clear in your post that you want the knife or knives to go to someone that doesn't have a big collection etc.

I do think that most of us here have a certain amount of kit but that's not too day there isn't someone out there that needs a bushy knife.

Thanks. Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 01:19:10 PM

+1

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 02:22:32 PM
Maybe you can ask the members interested to put their name down and then the rest of the members to PM you on who from the list needs the knives more.

Staying within the UK may be better as it is likely that whoever wins the GAW will have to pay taxes for the knives if they are posted out of the UK.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 02:25:28 PM
Maybe you can ask the members interested to put their name down and then the rest of the members to PM you on who from the list needs the knives more.

Staying within the UK may be better as it is likely that whoever wins the GAW will have to pay taxes for the knives if they are posted out of the UK.
Great suggestion. Much appreciated.

I hadn’t thought of the taxes but yes the postage would be on me so keeping it local makes sense.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 03:08:55 PM
Good on you.  I don't have any ideas other than keeping it local is a great idea to keep costs down for yourself.  Might also be easier to get the package to its destination. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 03:10:04 PM
Good on you.  I don't have any ideas other than keeping it local is a great idea to keep costs down for yourself.  Might also be easier to get the package to its destination.
Ta.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 05:13:27 PM

Op, thank you for the generosity, it is always folks like you that makes this place special! :hatsoff:

Hi, Mag!  How's the U boat? :salute:

Good suggestion!

Another great suggestion, just wanna add two cents worth upon this idea--instead of just pm-ing the OP which member they think should get the freeby, maybe to give a small detail why this person should deserve one.  Those of us whom have been here long enough probably will know enough to vouch for the candidate.

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 05:21:27 PM
Op, thank you for the generosity, it is always folks like you that makes this place special! :hatsoff:
Hi, Mag!  How's the U boat? :salute:

Good suggestion!

Another great suggestion, just wanna add two cents worth upon this idea--instead of just pm-ing the OP which member they think should get the freeby, maybe to give a small detail why this person should deserve one.  Those of us whom have been here long enough probably will know enough to vouch for the candidate.
Excellent. Thanks for the suggestions.

I hope to set something up next week and get the ball rolling from there.

Any help from the long time members would be greatly appreciated.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 05:39:18 PM
Good suggestions already , thanks for your generosity  !    :cheers:

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 05:41:20 PM
Good suggestions already , thanks for your generosity  !    :cheers: