Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another scissor centered cheapie!

Offline mdweezee

Another scissor centered cheapie!
on: January 16, 2021, 02:16:18 AM
I believe the producer? on Amazon was listed as GGODOR. The scissors are longer than the Hanwei, and cut great! It is also nice that there is an easy to access screw tensioner.  The other tools are not that great. The handles look good, but are slick. Now we come to the worst part. Each step of the deployment and fold away requires a safety deactivation. Every. Single. Step. Not a fan of that feature set at all.
Paid about 18 bucks, don’t feel like it was wasted. May mod it to a degree. All in all pretty neat.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: Another scissor centered cheapie!
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 12:26:46 PM
I was expecting the new Xiaomi scissor multi-tool.

This looks like my Bessey shears multi-tool but with different handle scales and different tool load-out.
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,61707.0.html
20161126_201911.jpg
* 20161126_201911.jpg (Filesize: 227.25 KB)

Offline mdweezee

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 02:17:19 PM
I was expecting the new Xiaomi scissor multi-tool.

This looks like my Bessey shears multi-tool but with different handle scales and different tool load-out.
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,61707.0.html

Thank you for linking in that thread, great reviews by you and dks! Going to check out the Xiaomi

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 02:59:13 AM
https://www.amazon.com/IBNS-Multitool-Stainless-multifunction-Scissor/dp/B07V51TBXP/

I bought the IBNS branded scissors, which are the same as those in the first post. Unfortunately, mine do not cut well. The blades, while touching at the base and tips, have enough of a gap in the middle to prevent them from cutting paper.
I choose these over the Bessey model to save a little money  :facepalm:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 02:09:21 AM
I have two of these. The first one I had, the scissors would not even cut paper. Tightening the pivot screw on them helped quite a bit, but they were still not that good. Amazon sent me another one, but it was not much better. I bought a sharpener and used that on one one of them, and it actually made a pretty good improvement. I did not pay much for it, so no big deal.

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 03:28:57 AM
I have two of these. The first one I had, the scissors would not even cut paper. Tightening the pivot screw on them helped quite a bit, but they were still not that good. Amazon sent me another one, but it was not much better. I bought a sharpener and used that on one one of them, and it actually made a pretty good improvement. I did not pay much for it, so no big deal.

I also tightened the pivot, but it only helped a little. One of the blades has a slight bow, which allows the material to be cut to slide between the blades. Fortunately, I was not expecting it to be high quality. But I did expect it to cut paper.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 01:16:43 PM
Both of mine cut paper, at least after tightening the pivot. When the seller replaced mine, they said the scissors were made mainly to prune bushes and shrubs. I have not tested them for that purpose though.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%