Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Allen wrenches keep sliding out. 328

Newbie Posts: 9
Allen wrenches keep sliding out.
« on: January 16, 2021, 06:42:36 PM »
I use Allen wrenchs all day, to the point I keep them in my pockets. Problem I have is they keep sliding out after so many insertion cycles. I am handy with paracord and was thinking of making a strap to go along the top. Anyone else encounter this and have a better solution?

Its annoying because if the keys had just a bit more resistance they wouldn't do this.
No Life Club Posts: 1,262
Re: Allen wrenches keep sliding out.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »
I use Allen wrenchs all day, to the point I keep them in my pockets. Problem I have is they keep sliding out after so many insertion cycles. I am handy with paracord and was thinking of making a strap to go along the top. Anyone else encounter this and have a better solution?

Its annoying because if the keys had just a bit more resistance they wouldn't do this.

Not very similar perhaps but I have used shrink tubing to hold magnets on some Allen wrenches to keep them handy for adjusting other tools. I figure you wont need the magnets but some slightly rubbery shrink tube should increase friction with only a very slight increase in size. Might be worth trying?
Newbie Posts: 9
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:45:00 AM »
Not very similar perhaps but I have used shrink tubing to hold magnets on some Allen wrenches to keep them handy for adjusting other tools. I figure you wont need the magnets but some slightly rubbery shrink tube should increase friction with only a very slight increase in size. Might be worth trying?
I started doing it. Used orange tubing. Works great, looks decent, I don't misplace them anymore.

I owe you one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No Life Club Posts: 1,262
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:52:43 PM »
I started doing it. Used orange tubing. Works great, looks decent, I don't misplace them anymore.

I owe you one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it!
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,078 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 08:11:13 PM »
:worthless:

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD