Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stihl Spartan Hardwood.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Stihl Spartan Hardwood.
on: January 20, 2021, 04:30:04 PM
I was doing some axe shopping, and noticed this showed up on the South African Stihl website, a Hardwood Spartan with the Stihl logo.

I wish we had it in the US Stihl merchandise catalog. All we've got is cheap POS knives as well as an overpriced couple of (budget-model) Bucks and a LM Wingman. Heck, we don't even get the Swiss brush axe over here. We do get the German-made rebranded Ochsenkopf axes, and they're great. The $30 I spent on my Forestry Hatchet I will say is the best 30 bucks I've spent on an axe.

f2288dde6f444c2185170936bb7d1e3a.jpg
* f2288dde6f444c2185170936bb7d1e3a.jpg (Filesize: 31.19 KB)

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Re: Stihl Spartan Hardwood.
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 08:52:06 AM
It's sad that so many companies that have good products try to advertise themselves on ultra-cheap penknives that nobody wants. They tarnish their own image by sticking their logo on a bunch blunt, feebly designed and wretchedly constructed garbage.
I bought a fantastic chopping knife from FKMD (Fox Knives, Italy) which is one of my most used and favourite tools. Annoyingly they sold it with a ridiculous "survival kit" containing all the usual thread, a few bandages etc. also a nightmarish copy of a Victorinox Classic. I could not for the life of me imagine why an Italian company which makes incredibly awesome knives would bundle their product with an obviously inferior product from a rival country.
Anyway - I do love those hardwood Victorinoxes! Thinking of grabbing a Hiker, something I don't yet own in wood or anything else.

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 10:44:02 AM
 :iagree: Here’s an example from Husqvarna - looks like a CT, doesn’t it, till you look closer and realise it’s a rubbish knock off! Why not get Victorinox to supply the real thing instead of tarnishing your name with kind of trash? Beats me!  :dunno:

se Offline Swede-nox

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 01:38:57 PM
Can't stop wondering how much swedish there is left in Husqvarna thes days. I guess many of their products are made in asia. By the way, what made you belive the knife is a knock off?
"We take care of your knife"

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 01:56:26 PM
I own it, and believe me it isn’t a Victorinox - fit and and finish are rubbish, it will remove your nails rather than deploy tools - all in all a real let down, and quite why they’d put their name I don’t know! I bought it to go with my other half’s truly excellent Husqvarna Viking sewing machine, but I had to give her a  real CT34 as this doesn’t cut the mustard! A Bernina Wenger would have been nicer, but hard to find in UK and very expensive when they do appear!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%