Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Loving my hat.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Loving my hat.
on: January 07, 2021, 07:09:23 PM
Big hat lover here.  Finally getting around to showing my newest hat.  I've always loved this style and figured I should try an affordable one out first.  So far its been pretty great.  Not the best for keeping sun totally off my shaved head but certainly decent enough to keep me shaded.  I always use sunscreen on my head and face since we get a lot of sunshine here.  It keep me in the shade for the most part which is nice.   
IMG_1840.jpg
* IMG_1840.jpg (Filesize: 204.77 KB)
IMG_1842.jpg
* IMG_1842.jpg (Filesize: 254.78 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Loving my hat.
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:56:40 PM
It looks like it should do the job.  I wear a woven cowboy hat myself most days but it is too tall to wear while driving so I wear ball caps when driving.  Haven't bought a new hat in ages. :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:48:25 PM
 :tu:  I don't wear ball caps anymore.  I do have a outback/safari type hat I love.  Wide brim covers my ears and face nicely in the summer.  Its been a great hat as well.  I use a boonie hat in olive drab for work.  Around the house I'll wear a straw life guard style hat.  I've always loved hats even when my hair was long.  Once I began to wear my hair really short then shaved they were a must.  It took one sun burn on my head and ears to teach me.  With long hair I couldn't really apply sunscreen.       
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 09:17:43 PM
That is indeed a lovely looking hat.  :hatsoff:  I occasionally wear an old style Panama when the mood takes me... Nothing else, just the hat.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 09:21:47 PM
 :D
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 09:30:08 PM
 boom-tish.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 10:20:37 PM
That's one nice looking hat you have there my friend  :tu:.

Ever since I decided to wear my hair army style short (in my early 20's), I always wear baseball caps (mostly my 82nd AA  or 101st Airborne caps, or one of my Victorinox caps) for edc, and one of my Tilley hats for hiking.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 10:27:17 PM
Nice.  Things sure changed when I cut my hair short too.  Hats were a must especially when we get quite a lot of sun here in SoCal.  I razor shave sides and back then use a #2 guard for the top.  I shaved my head bald but it was more work that I wanted.  When I skip a few days of razor cutting the sides and back it still looks pretty clean cut with the #2 on top. 

I did enjoy the bald head but I cannot be bothered to keep up the maintenance.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 10:33:37 PM
Nice, I’m pretty much between a baseball or Boonie in summer and winter hat when the cold weather hits to keep the chill off the shaved head,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 11:44:02 PM
I've got a nice skull cap/beanie for cold days/nights.  Its a smart wool cap that fits nice and snug.  Used to wear a larger one but I am digging the snug fit of this wool blend cap. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 01:22:35 AM

Big hat lover here.  Finally getting around to showing my newest hat.  I've always loved this style and figured I should try an affordable one out first.  So far its been pretty great.  Not the best for keeping sun totally off my shaved head but certainly decent enough to keep me shaded.  I always use sunscreen on my head and face since we get a lot of sunshine here.  It keep me in the shade for the most part which is nice.   

Nice hat !   

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 01:33:57 AM
Thank you. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 02:45:08 AM
I love it Aloha!  My kind of hat :tu:
Barry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 04:02:49 AM
Thank you. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline cody6268

Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 04:14:30 AM
Nice! I typically don't wear straw, however. Not durable enough. From companies I do business with or know people who work for/own/do a lot of business with, I end up with a ton of baseball caps, and that's what I mostly wear. From cheap snapbacks, to the typical velcro affair, to Nike golf caps, the quality ranges immensely. Wear one out or lose it, go get another out of the quilt bag I keep them all in. But, they don't offer enough sun protection. I'm gonna try a military surplus Boonie hat.

At this time of year, however, I'm mostly wearing toques/beanies/toboggans.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 04:17:54 AM
Didn't the guy from jurassic park wear a hat like this? So my question is, when do we get to see the dinosaurs?  :woohoo:

Or is it:  :ahhh

:D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 04:22:21 AM
I swear by my military boonie.  I've worn them for work for 15 plus years.  Living in SoCal we get plenty of sunshine so sun protection is very important for me since I work outdoors.  They are also very durable as well.  I think you'll enjoy them. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 04:24:21 AM
I maybe the dinosaur.  :D
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 04:26:33 AM
The boonie is my hiking hat.   :iagree: Aloha... awesome hats.
Barry

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 05:56:22 AM
Boonies are awesome! Absolutely great for summer, I did a little work on mine, first I made a little pocket on the top on the inside incase I needed to stash anything, but then I had some extra fabric that was just like it, and I put three buttons on the hat, I trimmed the I guess cape to fit and put the other side of the buttons on this way it I was doing any work looking down like yard work or anything I could put this on and I wouldn’t burn the neck! Funny thing is since I’ve made it I haven’t had to use it, lol.. hey but it’s there! Just folded and stashed away in the pocket,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 06:32:53 AM
 :like: pretty nice mods.  I had one with the neck cover and still do somewhere.  I have been wearing boonies for a long time.  I keep one in my vehicle at all times and one in my home as well.  Such a great hat.  I had desert camo but I prefer olive drab as it stays a bit cleaner longer. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 02:00:21 PM
I wear a boonie type hat for fishing and sometimes for work. It has a bit wider brim than the military style and mesh all the way around the top for better ventilation.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 02:21:54 PM
 :like: That's a good one.  The wider brim is always nice and appreciated.
Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 12:21:18 AM
Nice hat, Aloha. Got a straw one myself that lives in the car.

I wear a wide brimmed boonie at work as I’m always outside. A couple of summers ago I let my hair grow. Wearing my hat then was a nuisance until I could tie it back, and as a result my hair became bleached blond. The sun is fierce in my country. I have to say I rather liked it!
Rambler

au Offline Echotech

Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 06:42:35 AM
I wear hats a lot, my optometrist has told me I need to wear sunglasses and a hat as much as possible due to UV damage, plus the sun is very strong at this time of year so a bit of a no brainer.

I’ve got quite a few, baseball caps to panamas but my faves are these with a stiff brim

https://www.sheltahats.com/collections/sun-hats/products/the-seahawk-performance-sun-hat

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #25 on: January 23, 2021, 09:06:49 AM
I've a few Tilley's and they work well for me. The brim on my hemp hat though flaps a bit in the breeze which is a bit comic. And No, I'm not posting pics :facepalm:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #26 on: January 23, 2021, 09:45:48 AM
That is a lovely hat!

Me, I like hats. Swear by my trusty Tilley when going gets tough.
My straw Stetson is my open top motoring hat and Minnetonka leather cowboy hat bought in Denver back in early '90's  is still also regularly used.

I also often use baseball caps, wearing glasses mean that keeping rain/ moist out of my eyes is often important. In baseball caps I prefer tradional style and brand/etc. markings I can relate to

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69