Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I was undecided.

Offline depmenpradech

I was undecided.
on: January 21, 2021, 08:02:09 PM
Hi.I'm 19 years old.My english is not good,sorry.I love swiss army knife.So ı recently bought a victorinox hiker.It took me 2 years to get this.In the country where I live, they are very expensive.But now i met farmer.It is very beautiful and very axpensive (example hiker 228 dollar ,farmer 411 dollar.).Does it make sense to buy farmer for bigger blade and alox?  ??? ???

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: I was undecided.
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 08:10:33 PM
Welcome to MTO.   :assimilate:
I don't know where you are but the prices are crazy.  You might do better to have someone in another country order the knives and send them to you, at your expense, of course.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:20:28 PM
The Farmer is an excellent knife, and the online awl is the stand out tool.....but that's a helluva lot of extra money!  I dont know I would pay the extra

Also...
Welcome to  :MTO:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 08:22:20 PM
Welcome to MTO.   :assimilate:
I don't know where you are but the prices are crazy.  You might do better to have someone in another country order the knives and send them to you, at your expense, of course.
I emailed victorinox but they said they wouldn't send it to me. Unfortunately I don't know anyone outside.  :(

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 08:24:26 PM
The Farmer is an excellent knife, and the online awl is the stand out tool.....but that's a helluva lot of extra money!  I dont know I would pay the extra

Also...
Welcome to  :MTO:
thank you so much  :)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 08:50:08 PM
Welcome to MTo!
I wonder what kind of dollars those are. Where do you live exactly?
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 09:40:51 PM
Welcome to the forum depmenpradech! :cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 09:47:38 PM
Hi.I'm 19 years old.My english is not good,sorry.I love swiss army knife.So ı recently bought a victorinox hiker.It took me 2 years to get this.In the country where I live, they are very expensive.But now i met farmer.It is very beautiful and very axpensive (example hiker 228 dollar ,farmer 411 dollar.).Does it make sense to buy farmer for bigger blade and alox?  ??? ???

Welcome aboard!

:cheers: :tu:

Don't worry, awlmost nobody speaks decent english around here.

As per your question, do you really need a (not so much) bigger blade? Is alox so much better than celidor for your needs? Don't forget the scale and backside tools we get with celidor and not with alox.

:salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

mk Offline Deedee

Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 10:02:49 PM
Welcome,
First of all, i think there is no big difference in the size of the blades, but alox scales are different (better). Personally i would go for alox, but not Farmer, but FarmerX. ( I think price difference is 10$ USD) Scissors are very useful toll, and you will have 2 knives with more different tollset.  :cheers:

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 10:10:22 PM
Hello and welcome. May I ask in which country you are? The 93mm Alox are generally more robust. As already mentioned, the awl is excellent. For many Alox fans, however, the look and feel in the hand are also decisive.
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 10:40:16 PM
Welcome aboard!  We're glad you're here!
Barry

us Offline cody6268

Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 12:55:32 AM
I do this all the time. I am still stuck between Harvester and Farmer; Farmer X vs. Pioneer X; and until recently Dual Pro vs. Hunter XT.   Basically, to me, a key decision-maker is when I am able to purchase one for far below what they normally sell for. And for me "Buy both!" sometimes isn't' feasible. Usually, I buy the cheaper of the two, and then eventually realize I should have gotten the more expensive model instead.

I presume you do not live in the United States. Thus, I would choose the Farmer. It is slimmer and tougher. The plastic handles are brittle. While here in the United States; a secondhand Hiker can be purchased for as low as ten dollars, which is unheard of outside of our country. 

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 09:50:49 AM
Welcome to MTo!
I wonder what kind of dollars those are. Where do you live exactly?
Thank you  :)  .I'm from Turkey.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 09:51:59 AM
Welcome to the forum depmenpradech! :cheers:
Thank you  :)

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 09:55:50 AM
Welcome aboard!

:cheers: :tu:

Don't worry, awlmost nobody speaks decent english around here.

As per your question, do you really need a (not so much) bigger blade? Is alox so much better than celidor for your needs? Don't forget the scale and backside tools we get with celidor and not with alox.

Thank you  :)  .I do not want to be misunderstood.If my english is sufficient, there is no problem.I don't know exactly the answer to the questions.I think I want it to look a little nice.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 09:58:49 AM
Welcome,
First of all, i think there is no big difference in the size of the blades, but alox scales are different (better). Personally i would go for alox, but not Farmer, but FarmerX. ( I think price difference is 10$ USD) Scissors are very useful toll, and you will have 2 knives with more different tollset.  :cheers:
Thank you.it looks great in the videos. I don't have a chance to see it personally.Impossible to buy farmer x.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 09:59:35 AM
Hello and welcome. May I ask in which country you are? The 93mm Alox are generally more robust. As already mentioned, the awl is excellent. For many Alox fans, however, the look and feel in the hand are also decisive.
Thank you.I'm from Turkey.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 10:00:27 AM
Welcome aboard!  We're glad you're here!
Thank you so much  :)

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:11 AM
I do this all the time. I am still stuck between Harvester and Farmer; Farmer X vs. Pioneer X; and until recently Dual Pro vs. Hunter XT.   Basically, to me, a key decision-maker is when I am able to purchase one for far below what they normally sell for. And for me "Buy both!" sometimes isn't' feasible. Usually, I buy the cheaper of the two, and then eventually realize I should have gotten the more expensive model instead.

I presume you do not live in the United States. Thus, I would choose the Farmer. It is slimmer and tougher. The plastic handles are brittle. While here in the United States; a secondhand Hiker can be purchased for as low as ten dollars, which is unheard of outside of our country.
I am very indecisive about these issues.I gueIss this is my worst habit.I'from Turkey.Even if I can find it cheap, shipping costs are very expensive. :(

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 10:08:07 AM
Thank you  :)  .I'm from Turkey.

So I'm guessing a Farmer is 411 lira, which is about €45 or USD 55? Yes that's fairly expensive. However, having one shipped from e.g. the Netherlands may not be cheaper at all. It's €37 over here but shipping is expensive :dunno:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 10:21:49 AM

So I'm guessing a Farmer is 411 lira, which is about €45 or USD 55? Yes that's fairly expensive. However, having one shipped from e.g. the Netherlands may not be cheaper at all. It's €37 over here but shipping is expensive :dunno:
Varies according to the exchange rate.Currently 60 dollars 49.29 euros.I wish it was cheap here too  :( :(

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 03:25:17 PM
Foruma hoş geldiniz. Bunu size yazmak için Google translate kullanıyorum.  :hatsoff:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: January 22, 2021, 03:48:32 PM
Welcome, many of us seem to have similar indecisions on which SAK would be best.  Many of us also end up just getting both  :whistle:.  I do realize this is not always possible.

The Hiker is a great SAK congrats on that.  The Farmer is also a wonderful SAK so I understand its appeal to you.  I applaud your perseverance in how long it took you to get your Hiker  :hatsoff:.  I'd say enjoy it.  The allure to get the next new SAK is strong.  Carry your new SAK and use it as often as you can.  You'll know soon enough what you desire in your next SAK.  Many of us really appreciate the SAK scissors so I'd encourage you to consider a SAK with scissors as your next SAK. 

I have a questions for you, do you pay import taxes or any fees for items sent to you?   

Esse Quam Videri

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 05:55:02 PM
Foruma hoş geldiniz. Bunu size yazmak için Google translate kullanıyorum.  :hatsoff:

Thank you very much for your kindness.I mostly use google translate too.Tekrar teşekkür ederim  :) :) :)

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 06:05:11 PM
Welcome, many of us seem to have similar indecisions on which SAK would be best.  Many of us also end up just getting both  :whistle:.  I do realize this is not always possible.

The Hiker is a great SAK congrats on that.  The Farmer is also a wonderful SAK so I understand its appeal to you.  I applaud your perseverance in how long it took you to get your Hiker  :hatsoff:.  I'd say enjoy it.  The allure to get the next new SAK is strong.  Carry your new SAK and use it as often as you can.  You'll know soon enough what you desire in your next SAK.  Many of us really appreciate the SAK scissors so I'd encourage you to consider a SAK with scissors as your next SAK. 

I have a questions for you, do you pay import taxes or any fees for items sent to you?
Thank you  :) .My first choice would be the fieldmaster but my money and patience were not enough.If the product sent is not a technological product, it is not too big, or if it is a gift, no fee is charged.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 09:21:44 PM
We have a few members in Turkey, maybe they will join the discussion with some useful information for you.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 09:36:38 PM
We have a few members in Turkey, maybe they will join the discussion with some useful information for you.

It would be very good, I am waiting....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD