Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Harley Buck....

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Harley Buck....
on: May 12, 2020, 03:37:15 AM
Managed to stumble across this during the long winter, didn’t realize they were packaged so nicely.  Now wondering what the original retail price was and if I’m now required to go out and buy a Harley.... :cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Harley Buck....
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 12:54:13 PM
Managed to stumble across this during the long winter, didn’t realize they were packaged so nicely.  Now wondering what the original retail price was and if I’m now required to go out and buy a Harley.... :cheers:

Yup, you are!

:pok: :pok:

Remember:

:worthless:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 04:02:43 PM
You’ll hold your breath while waiting for the pictures, right?  😂     :cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 05:06:47 PM
You’ll hold your breath while waiting for the pictures, right?  😂     :cheers:

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 02:40:30 AM
I am wondering, what era is that from? The packaging looks very recent, but I thought the Buck Tool was discontinued ages ago? Was Buck making it for Harley after they discontinued it from the regular catalog?

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 05:58:12 AM
Cody.....not really up on dating these treasures but I would assume late 1990’s for this one.  Since it is a Limited Edition it does make sense that the packaging is nice.  I doubt that they continued on after the decision was made to end production.  I think I read somewhere that Buck had some conflict with Leatherman’s patent.

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 05:15:19 PM
Boonies
Hello
First of all you have a very nice BuckTool, these are fairly hard to find.
I have some info on your BuckTool. These Harley Davidson BuckTools were made in 2000. Buck Knives made approximately 1500 of them for Harley Davidson. Some of the unique features on the tool are, on the Harley Davidson Bucktool there are no implement icons or stamped BuckTool logo, this is the only BuckTool like this. These BuckTools came with the bit kit and driver. The driver attaches to the medium slotted screwdriver for use. The sheath has a special pouch for the bit kit, the bits are in an orange holder. The BuckTool you have recently came out of the Buck factory, these were some BuckTools kept for warranty reasons. I can tell this by the box you have. The box is a recent Buck Custom box. I do not know if there was ever a special box for the Harley Davidson BuckTool, Harley Davidson may have had a box. I have never seen one and no one at the factory knows. As far as the original price that would have been set by Harley Davidson. Buck Knives suggested retail price on standard BuckTools was in the $80 price range. The BuckTool was made from 1996 until 2000. 2000 was the last time that any BuckTool appeared in the Buck catalog.
Hope this info helps.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:25:33 PM by THE_LONGBOW »

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 09:45:14 PM
Longbow.....wow, a treasure of information, had no idea these were only made for 4 years.  And a single year for the Harley version.  I have picked up 3 of these over. the years, two are complete and one is missing the driver and bit set but has the correct sheath.  Hoping against hope to stumble across a lonely bit set 😊.

Replaced a Gerber Pinchy in 1996 right after it bit me for the 3rd time and put a blood blister across my palm.  The Bucktool stayed on my belt for over 10 years, acting as a mobile toolbox for 4-wheeling.  It spent a lot of time sliding around underneath a Jeep, even wore a tiny hole in the sheath.  Tool held up very well even though it received a lot of use.  Still have it  👍

Thank you very much for the information, adds new light to these tools........ :cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 09:50:17 PM
Now I "need" a Bucktool  (-_-')

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 10:17:37 PM
Yes you do, but it’s the last SAK or multi tool you’ll ever feel the need to buy 😳.   :rofl:     :cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 06:57:28 AM
You don't seem to know me that well :rofl:

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 05:16:23 PM
😂😂😂

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 03:23:38 AM
Some new additions to the Buck collection to keep the Harley tool company....black oxide 360, camouflage 360 and one I haven’t seen before, a combo of a Bucklite 355 and a Buck 444 with dual sheath made for Ducks Unlimited.  Kinda like this one 👍.          :cheers:

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 06:24:20 PM
Boonies  :like:
Nice BuckTools. The black oxide and camo are nice variations.
On these tools there were a couple of variations, mainly on the screwdrivers.

DUCKS UNLIMITED MODEL 355/444 COMBO - DU combo will
consist of a model 355 BuckLite Tool and a model 444 BuckLite II.
The 355 will have the D.U. logo on the right handle and the 444
will have the logo etched on the blade. They will come in a combo
sheath with the D.U. logo. Ship dates are 12/98-700, 3/99-600,
5/99-400, 6/99-600, 8/99-700. DU future dates are pending.
Keep in mind most of theses quantities may or may not have been shipped. It was not uncommon for future orders to be canceled. Even with the totals still fairly low numbers.

us Offline Real1

Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 09:58:30 PM
I've had that knife since it came out(OP's). I tired to work it in as a everyday tool knife. What worried me was when the pliers are out and you squeeze them tight(without anything in them), they feel spongy. I don't like that. Most of the other tool knives I have don't do that. I figure it a design flaw or a compromise of some sort. Other than that, it's pretty tricky.

I have SOG, Gerber, Buck, Leatherman, Smith & Wessen and Coast Cutlery tool knives. IMHO overall, the Leatherman walks away from the rest in actual usage. Granted I don't have every model of each maker to compare with each other. I usually bought tool knives because of their heft and the particular tools that they had.

The Gerber knife's only real fault is that it's very fiddly to use....sliding the pliers in place to lock. Accessory bits are a nice touch, but easy to lose.

The SOG I have is too smooth....I don't trust it....no positive locking anything and a bit too small....the model I have.

The Coast Cutlery tool was the least expensive and most used. It's pliers were the real deal.

I used the S&W 'Tool chest' for quite some time. Prefect size and wt, but not the quality of some of the others. Accessory bits again.

Glad I had these before the collectors ravaged the existing supplies out there. >:D

Kevin

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 01:10:55 AM
Real1
One thing to remember the BuckTool came out in 1996 and was discontinued in 2000. Multitools have improved vastly since then. I have many tools and carry a Leatherman Wigman or Rebar as they perform better than a BuckTool.

us Offline Real1

Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 02:13:14 PM
Yeah, I know. That's why I said Leatherman is leading the pack right now in tool knives...IMHO. I wouldn't consider using any of my old tool knives anymore like the Buck or the Gerber.

And when I was using them, it was mostly the Coast Cutlery and the S&W because they could be replaced rather cheaply with another.

It seems like it was kind of a 'period' in history where the major makers ea had to have their own tool knives when it was a fresh fad. Yes, they have come a long way from when as a kid and I had that terrible thing with the fork & spoon. Talk about a kid magnet.....lol.

Kevin

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 06:24:23 PM
Longbow.....thank you very much for the information on the DU set, the case intrigued me.  Carried a Bucktool for a long time until I decided that I must need more tools and picked up a new Charge TTi when it 1st came out.  Still haven’t figured out how I got along without those extra tools for 10+ years 😜.  Good excuse for a new multitool though and I reused it to go from the TTi to a Spirit 😂.

Again thanks....       :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD