Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

3 new cheapies! (even used one briefly)

Offline mdweezee

3 new cheapies! (even used one briefly)
on: December 28, 2020, 11:46:57 PM
CAS Hanwei Professional
Stanley Fatmax
Husky

The Hanwei is the only one of the three that really catches my attention. Used it to prune a few small limbs from my orange tree, seemed more than up to the task. The main gripe about it was how slick the handles were. I remedied that with a bit of sandpaper and some grip tape. Maybe not as pretty as before, but maybe a bit more useable (although the tape really need to be applied to the outer flats to really help with purchase). All in all I really like it, seems to cut through what needs cutting like a hot knife through butter!
The Stanley is mehhh, the dimensions and tools are nothing special, the colors are kinda neat... the Husky... well it will be good for fingernails and such...
Pretty happy all around, the collection is growing!

us Offline King_Gorilla

Re: 3 new cheapies! (even used one briefly)
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 02:44:04 AM
I have one of those Hanwei tools.  I really like it.  I have never carried it but I have used it around the house.  For some reason I like the idea of the OTF shears better than OTF pliers.  I also find mine to be a little slippery but it's the fingerprints that bug me more.  The inside tools might as well be worthless but the rest are fine.  Great tool for the price.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%