Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Amazon Replacement Cord-less Tool Batteries

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Amazon Replacement Cord-less Tool Batteries
on: January 26, 2021, 06:34:41 PM
I bought a eighteen volt DeWalt toot set that came with a skillsaw, sawsall, and drill twenty years ago. The batteries lasted fifteen years. I bought two Replacement eighteen volt  DeWalt batteries that must have been new old stock they only lasted six months. The tools were still good so when DeWalt started selling a 20 volt adapter kit I bought one. The adapter worked good but was hard it was hard to take out of the tools. The 2.0AH batteries that came with the kit were too small for the skillsaw and sawsall the run time was terrible. The DeWalt 6.0AH batteries were expensive. My son in law is a mechanic he switched from air tools to Milwaukee battery tools five years ago. He keeps a extra set of Milwaukee tools at home and he has been using Amazon batteries in them and they have been working out great. So I bought two Amazon adapters for seventeen dollars each (that come in and out the tools easily) and two 6.0AH batteries for sixty five dollars. I am very happy with the Amazon batteries and adapters they saved an old set of tools.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

gb Offline Cakemonster

Re: Amazon Replacement Cord-less Tool Batteries
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 07:11:10 PM
Since discovering that there is such a thing as an adapter for old Dewalt tools to take new style batteries, I have used my new found knowledge to justify the purchase of an impact driver with two batteries and an adapter for my old combi drill.
The current Mrs Cakemonster gave me one of those looks when I explained.... :facepalm:

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 02:22:22 AM
Yes the Adapters work great. The cheap Amazon Adapters work better than the Amazon Adapters 17.00. The cheap Amazon batteries work really good as well. They also sell Adapters that fit DeWalt tools that use Milwaukee batteries.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:31:34 AM by Mike 56 »
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 12:01:22 PM
I've bought Vanon replacement batteries for my Ryobi one+ tools and they have been great. They make them to fit most power tools.  I use a UK site to get them because the are cheaper than amazon, though slower to deliver.

I got 3 x 5AH vanon for only £7 more than 1 x 4AH genuine battery would be.

I bought vanon on the strength of loads of youtube reviews about them being good.  There was the odd one saying they were crap, but you get that with most things.  I've got one of the vanon ones in my reciprocating saw (sawzall) and done a lot of work with it now and its still going strong on one charge. Its surprised me just how good it is for the amount of work its done.   

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%