Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bladeless April Challenge 8563

Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,541 Born to multitask.
Bladeless April Challenge
« on: January 30, 2021, 11:45:53 AM »

All those pictures, mods, challenges, reviews. It turns out we were wrong. Fixed blades, folding knives, Swiss Army Knives, multi-tools, we had no reason to carry them after all. So, let us uphold the law for 30 days. Let's face everyday tasks bladeless, and make the Mayor of London proud. :salute:

Rules (or rather, laws)
-Post a picture of your tool every day, for 30 consecutive days.
-If your tool happens to have a blade, avoid using it as much as possible.
-If you absolutely have to use a blade, you will receive a penalty point. The member with the most penalty points will have disappointed the Mayor of London the most.

What we can and cannot carry
We can carry any sort of tool that includes implements other than blades: SAKs, multi-tools, knife-based multi-tools, traditional folders, camp tools, etc.
I will not tell you not to carry any fixed blades, folding knives, box-cutters, hatchets etc that you may need for your work/hobbies, but this is meant to be a challenge, and as such, if you do have to carry something, and no other tool will do the job, then confess to us, and you may not feel the full force of the law.

When
April/September 2021. Whichever works better. I am open to other months, but I would like to join already planned challenges for 2021 and I only have April and September free.

So, are you tough enough? :pok:

1. ReamerPunch
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,834
Re: Bladeless April Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:10:26 PM »
I’m game for either month

1. ReamerPunch
2. Sos24
Hero Member Posts: 872 Improvisational Engineer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 03:50:30 PM »
Awesome.

1. ReamerPunch
2. Sos24
3. pipedreams

I vote April because I’m pumped for this challenge.

-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »
April it is then! Let's do this! :like:

How about this in April, and in September we do the TSA Challenge! :rofl:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,115 Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 01:17:28 PM »
April it is then! Let's do this! :like:

How about this in April, and in September we do the TSA Challenge! :rofl:
I volunteer to be the TSA agent!

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 02:02:44 PM »
 :rofl:

-Todd

No Life Club Posts: 1,380
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 03:09:08 PM »
No blade? THAT'S a real challenge!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 03:15:39 PM by Hevy (CT-782) »
OCD Squad Leader Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,861
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 03:53:00 PM »
No blade? THAT'S a real challenge!
Yes, that is really though. I mean scissors can substitute for some tasks... but try cutting an apple with scissors :ahhh

Emergency Kit: Ovo Sport, chocolate, cheese, crispbread and a coin
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 04:10:00 PM »
Come on...sign up...

-Todd

No Life Club Posts: 3,440
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 04:50:13 PM »
I would absolutly disappoint Mayor on this challenge, on daily i use blade really much on work so i would not join this challenge :)

Only Tools Matters
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,373

Nix us

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 06:26:04 PM »
My dance card is filled for April.....might be able to go knifeless in September....what a horrible thought......  :-\

heterodox, not in the box
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 10:03:06 AM »
If you use blades for work, that's a reasonable excuse, so carrying a knife is justified and legal, and perfectly welcomed to take pictures of for the challenge. It would not disappoint the Mayor of London.
No Life Club Posts: 1,857
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2021, 01:22:44 AM »
I would absolutly disappoint Mayor on this challenge, on daily i use blade really much on work so i would not join this challenge :)

Only Tools Matters

I wrote a reply yesterday, and then deleted it. Here goes. Mods, if this is too political, I apologize, but would absolutely disappoint the Mayor of London as well. In New England, it's an insult to call someone  "Guv'nah" (Governor in our accent). Kind of like telling someone to "have a GREAT day" whe. You really mean  for them to go f^)k themselves.

Not to get political, but since it has ready been alluded to, I cant join a challenge that supports making people accustomed and comfortable with  being subjugated in this way.

REAMERPUNCH, no reflection on YOU, good, sir, but I sit this out on principle, though I realize my actions will have no outcome in London.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2021, 01:28:31 AM »
I wrote a reply yesterday, and then deleted it. Here goes. Mods, if this is too political, I apologize, but would absolutely disappoint the Mayor of London as well. In New England, it's an insult to call someone  "Guv'nah" (Governor in our accent). Kind of like telling someone to "have a GREAT day" whe. You really mean  for them to go f^)k themselves.

Not to get political, but since it has ready been alluded to, I cant join a challenge that supports making people accustomed and comfortable with  being subjugated in this way.

REAMERPUNCH, no reflection on YOU, good, sir, but I sit this out on principle, though I realize my actions will have no outcome in London.

Point taken.
I was thinking of a challenge that would be more than just using a specific tool or SAK range etc. A month of avoiding using blades seemed quite interesting and challenging. I only named it the "Mayor of London Challenge" ironically. I obviously do not support his thoughts. Australian laws also require a "reasonable excuse" for carrying blades, and I am technically breaking the law by not having one.

If the name is a problem, we can rename the challenge to something else.
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,373

Nix us

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2021, 01:45:30 AM »
I can't join a challenge that supports making people accustomed and comfortable with  being subjugated in this way.

heterodox, not in the box
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,668 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 02:21:45 AM »
Yes, this thread is close to going political but still relevant to the forum's main topic so please let's keep the politics out of it and try keeping it tool related.

England/London isn't the only place with similar laws. As RP said, downunder folks have similar laws, as do a few EU countries, and some US states as well. So let's not turn this into one country / city laws bashing and rather concentrate on the challenge at hand. Heck, look at it as something similar to a month without pliers and how to manage without them. Going bladeless for a month. And report how you survived ;)

And thanks guys for keeping it tool oriented till now. :tu:
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 02:52:00 AM »
I think it’s one of the few Challenges that is actually a challenge.

-Todd

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,834
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 04:29:41 AM »
Except the Buck 112 Challenge already has the word “Fool” in it, we could have named it something like “All Hail the Fool(s)” or something similar to not single out just one politician and to emphasize our lack of agreement with them.
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 08:13:24 AM »
If you use blades for work, that's a reasonable excuse, so carrying a knife is justified and legal, and perfectly welcomed to take pictures of for the challenge. It would not disappoint the Mayor of London.
Then i could join for this challenge, it wont be easy and gives actual challenge to not to use blades

Only Tools Matters
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 08:15:00 AM »
1. ReamerPunch
2. Sos24
3. pipedreams
4. Antti Lammi

Only Tools Matters
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »
Point taken.
I was thinking of a challenge that would be more than just using a specific tool or SAK range etc. A month of avoiding using blades seemed quite interesting and challenging. I only named it the "Mayor of London Challenge" ironically. I obviously do not support his thoughts. Australian laws also require a "reasonable excuse" for carrying blades, and I am technically breaking the law by not having one.

If the name is a problem, we can rename the challenge to something else.

By no means, sir, should you feel I am asking that. Sorry if you got that vibe. We could theoretically find ourselves without a blade due to unexpected explosions, house fire, tornado or any natural or man made disaster. I suppose it's good to see what we can do without sometimes.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 08:39:23 AM »
Yes, this thread is close to going political but still relevant to the forum's main topic so please let's keep the politics out of it and try keeping it tool related.

England/London isn't the only place with similar laws. As RP said, downunder folks have similar laws, as do a few EU countries, and some US states as well. So let's not turn this into one country / city laws bashing and rather concentrate on the challenge at hand. Heck, look at it as something similar to a month without pliers and how to manage without them. Going bladeless for a month. And report how you survived ;)

And thanks guys for keeping it tool oriented till now. :tu:

Realizing I've scuttled 'round the rim of the bowl of politics there, Enki. Point taken. I felt I was sort of within bounds since there have actually been discussions regarding, for example, the Canadian
ban on the import of blades, and how folks thought that was unfair the way border patrol handled all that. Not purely politics, but seemed politics as relating to our toys might be reasonable.

Apologies. Thank you for the wiggle room and the reminder. There'll be no more about it from me here, sir.
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 12:56:27 AM »
I don't really know how strict the laws are over there.  :think:
What counts as a blade?
Are scissors blades? Package openers? Woodsaws? Reamerpunches?

I was thinking we could avoid using blades, and use other sharps freely. :salute:

Any GB members that would care to join? Hell, you do this challenge everyday. :pok:

Also I took a shot at the badge.
We could have the "30" above or below the sign, but then the knife would not look like a knife anymore.
4.11 kB | 50x60
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2021, 01:05:34 AM »
Or we could really go for it! :rofl:
5.96 kB | 50x60
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2021, 01:50:12 AM »
 :rofl:

-Todd

Full Member Posts: 166
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2021, 02:59:34 AM »
If he is that frightened of blades.

How does he eat his steak......Or is he a vegan??????

If he needs an operation, it will be interesting for the doctor,
" guess we will just have to tear him open with our bare hands guys"

Nutcases like this moron just don't get It.

One or two people in a thousand use their knifes as weapons and instantly all knives are bad.

If he ever gets a say on vehicles , will he ban all cars because of a couple of Dangerious drivers?

I'm 62 years old
Never used a knife as a weapon, other than in martial arts training.
Carried all my life.
Could, if I so wished, use a knife as a weapon very effectively.
But prefer simply to use my hands or boe staff.

Perhaps he is simply a cowardly little weakling who is scared of everything.

Most of these morons are.
Australia is full of them.

tools is what defines us as humans
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2021, 03:08:50 PM »
If he is that frightened of blades.

How does he eat his steak......Or is he a vegan??????
Do you EDC steak knives?

If he needs an operation, it will be interesting for the doctor,
" guess we will just have to tear him open with our bare hands guys"
Do doctors EDC scalpels?

Nutcases like this moron just don't get It.

One or two people in a thousand use their knifes as weapons and instantly all knives are bad.
What if those 1000 people are all in one building?

If he ever gets a say on vehicles , will he ban all cars because of a couple of Dangerious drivers?
They're slowly banning cars from London. :D

I'm 62 years old
Never used a knife as a weapon, other than in martial arts training.
Carried all my life.
Could, if I so wished, use a knife as a weapon very effectively.
But prefer simply to use my hands or boe staff.
 :tu:

Perhaps he is simply a cowardly little weakling who is scared of everything.
 :dunno:

Most of these morons are.
Australia is full of them.
 :drink:

In any case, ReamerpPunch didn't make this thread for bashing him. It's just a light-hearted challenge to see how much we actually use our blades when we're out and about.  :salute:
And I want to join.  :D
But if I'm still locked in my house when it happens, my posts are going to be boring. ::)

All hail the hook!
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2021, 03:18:21 PM »
In any case, ReamerpPunch didn't make this thread for bashing him. It's just a light-hearted challenge to see how much we actually use our blades when we're out and about.  :salute:
And I want to join.  :D
But if I'm still locked in my house when it happens, my posts are going to be boring. ::)

Please join. :pok:
If we are to get a badge, we need as many people as we can. Also, the more we are, the less boring it'll be. :cheers:

I wanted to start a themed challenge. Going bladeless or almost bladeless for a month should be challenging enough. Ignore the silly challenge name. We can change it to something unfunny, boring, and inoffensive, like Bladeless April or something.
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2021, 03:32:20 PM »
I have the perfect SAK for this. :D

All hail the hook!
Thread Killer 2019 No Life Club Posts: 4,618
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2021, 12:03:46 AM »
Is the goal of this challenge really to not use a blade for a month?  Or, is the goal of the challenge to be the one who disappoints the Mayor of London the most?  I am not trying to be funny, I'm really asking.  If it is the latter I might join in.   Also advising against April due to the Buck 110 challenge already scheduled.
 :think: :dunno:
General Mattis had a somewhat different opinion than the Mayor of London.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $300.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%