Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Going to Denver

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Going to Denver
on: February 09, 2021, 02:54:29 AM
Howdy Y'all,

I don't know how many of you live in or near Denver, but I've never been there before. I plan to be in town Friday and Saturday this week, and leave sometime Sunday. (Feb 12-14).

Naturally, I'm there for a reason--my two oldest kids have an event they're participating in, and that will take a high percentage of my time up while I'm there. But, I may be available to meet up for breakfast or something, if anybody would like to meet up and say hey.

I'm not exactly sure what part of town I'll be in, as I'm not the one coordinating the whole thing. :) But I can get you more info as we get closer.

Also, are there any sights or knife shops I should check out if I get a chance????
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: Going to Denver
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 10:39:15 AM
If you have time try to go to the Spyderco Mothership in Golden for obvious reasons!
They will also sharpen many models right on the spot if you bring them!

The big Army Surplus Store is pretty decent too.

There is also some really good food if you mention what you like and what general area you will be in?

[

quote author=Jim the Brave link=topic=86627.msg2210165#msg2210165 date=1612835669]
Howdy Y'all,

I don't know how many of you live in or near Denver, but I've never been there before. I plan to be in town Friday and Saturday this week, and leave sometime Sunday. (Feb 12-14).

Naturally, I'm there for a reason--my two oldest kids have an event they're participating in, and that will take a high percentage of my time up while I'm there. But, I may be available to meet up for breakfast or something, if anybody would like to meet up and say hey.

I'm not exactly sure what part of town I'll be in, as I'm not the one coordinating the whole thing. :) But I can get you more info as we get closer.

Also, are there any sights or knife shops I should check out if I get a chance????
[/quote]

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 03:49:35 PM
Too bad I don't have any Spyderco knives.....maybe I could visit it!

I'm also too poor to buy a new one right now.  :-\

(I practically never buy new knives these days).

Still trying to figure out what part of town I'll be in.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 06:11:48 PM
So you dont know where you are staying yet?

Too bad I don't have any Spyderco knives.....maybe I could visit it!

I'm also too poor to buy a new one right now.  :-\

(I practically never buy new knives these days).

Still trying to figure out what part of town I'll be in.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 06:38:54 PM
I was out there waaay back in like 95-96, got to drive right by mile high stadium!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 03:16:57 AM
So you dont know where you are staying yet?

Our event is on Alameda Avenue, and we will be staying somewhere near there.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 05:49:57 AM
Well, as it turned out,

I wasn't even able to find time to get onto the forum here while I was in Denver, so I guess it's a good thing nobody was hoping to meet up with me. My kids did fine in their competition (didn't win, but had fun trying). I met some great people and was able to compare knives with some good folks. I gave a Spartan to my host with our thank-you note we left for them.   :D

He showed me his Beretta hunting knife with three back-locking blades / tools. It was nifty. I had never seen a knife with three backlocks before.  :D

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 03:04:00 PM
So where did you end up in Denver??????

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 05:13:27 AM
So where did you end up in Denver??????

I never went far from Alameda Avenue, the whole time I was there..... kids had their competition, and it went well, and with everything going on, we mainly participated with the people we were involved with, and didn't stray very far.  :dunno: The coming storm, and the fact we had to drive back through Texas as it was freezing up in a thousand-year glacial hurricane kind of put a damper on sticking around any longer than necessary.  :-[

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 05:57:18 AM
I was in Denver with Mrs. TJ a few years ago for a convention and downtown Denver reaked of weed.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 04:40:04 AM
I was in Denver with Mrs. TJ a few years ago for a convention and downtown Denver reaked of weed.

Yeah I really wasn't in downtown. I'll take your word for it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%