Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Christy knife. 18514

Full Member Posts: 198
Re: Christy knife.
« Reply #720 on: September 23, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »
Thanks to all for the comments and sorry if I hijacked the thread.
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 71,095
« Reply #721 on: September 24, 2021, 02:36:36 AM »
Not a hijack ;) It is just natural conversation :tu: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 1,587
« Reply #722 on: September 24, 2021, 05:41:59 PM »
Not a hijack ;) It is just natural conversation :tu: :like:

:tu: :tu: :tu:

Yeah, natural conversation on a similar subject. Christy knife- a small family run company that makes a small, and VERY handy item for daily life thats all Made in the U.S.A.

PEAK Solutions:  A small family run company that makes a small and very handy item for daily use thats all made in the U.S.A

Seems to me that they just may go together like franks and bean. Or bacon and eggs. Like fish and chips.

All good!.

Don't get too serious, just enough will do.
No Life Club Posts: 4,498 join The American Legion Family - since 1919
« Reply #723 on: September 25, 2021, 12:26:59 AM »
Loyal to Christy...just because.

join KNIFE RIGHTS
« Reply #724 on: October 25, 2021, 08:09:45 PM »
My Christy Explorer with the rest of my carry :cheers: I have had the Christy with me pretty much everyday since I got it :salute:

« Reply #725 on: October 25, 2021, 10:16:23 PM »
Need more pics.
My brass combo.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,623
« Reply #726 on: October 25, 2021, 10:55:01 PM »
Beautiful brass!    :like:

What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast
« Reply #727 on: October 25, 2021, 11:40:32 PM »
 :iagree: :dd: :drool: :like:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,977
« Reply #728 on: October 26, 2021, 12:00:32 AM »
My Christy Explorer with the rest of my carry :cheers: I have had the Christy with me pretty much everyday since I got it :salute:

Nice carry Poncho! :like: :tu: :tu:
« Reply #729 on: October 26, 2021, 12:01:56 AM »
Need more pics.
My brass combo.
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice brass combo William! :like: :tu: :tu:
« Reply #730 on: October 26, 2021, 12:25:40 AM »

join KNIFE RIGHTS
« Reply #731 on: October 26, 2021, 01:23:51 AM »

8)      :tu:       :like:

Hold Fast
« Reply #732 on: October 26, 2021, 03:44:15 AM »

"pretty much'?

You have a good reason for not everyday carrying?

Poncho, look at me, this is serious. The Cult Of Christy has rules you know. Do we have to administer the rubber chicken? :pok:
 :D

« Reply #733 on: October 26, 2021, 12:30:40 PM »
"pretty much'?

You have a good reason for not everyday carrying?

Poncho, look at me, this is serious. The Cult Of Christy has rules you know. Do we have to administer the rubber chicken? :pok:
 :D

Moderator rights :whistle: :D Sometimes after emptying my pockets afyer work I forget to add it back into the pocket after the weekend ::) :D or if I already have my work pants ready for the next day then it stays there and I will carry something else in the evening ;)

Thanks  VMAN and David  :hatsoff:
« Reply #734 on: October 26, 2021, 12:31:41 PM »
« Reply #735 on: October 26, 2021, 05:53:19 PM »
 8):tu:

Hold Fast
« Reply #736 on: October 26, 2021, 07:06:48 PM »
Thanks David :hatsoff:
« Reply #737 on: October 27, 2021, 12:45:13 PM »
 :cheers:

Sr. Member Posts: 363
« Reply #738 on: October 27, 2021, 03:15:47 PM »
How am I just discovering this knife?
I already have Opinels, Douk Douks, Mercators etc., I suppose I’m obligated to pick one up  :ahhh
In brass, of course
« Reply #739 on: October 27, 2021, 03:17:00 PM »
The Brass ones are nice!     :tu:

Hold Fast
« Reply #740 on: October 27, 2021, 04:36:41 PM »
How am I just discovering this knife?
I already have Opinels, Douk Douks, Mercators etc., I suppose I’m obligated to pick one up  :ahhh
In brass, of course

The chrome is nice too.
« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2021, 01:08:20 AM »

join KNIFE RIGHTS
« Reply #742 on: December 05, 2021, 05:23:02 PM »
Just returned from a road trip to Mission Viejo, Califonina and back to good old Georgetown Texas for the thanksgiving Holliday.s two days on the road each way, with first night outbound at Tucson Arizona, and home bound a night in Las Cruses New Mexico. The sole cutlery on me was my Christy knife in the pocket and the SAK classic in its keyring leather pouch sheath.

Going and coming, the Christy dealt with slicing  snacks in the car and small cutting hobs. We had a cooler and a bag of food, and a common snack while on the road was cheese sandwiches. I'd be driving and my far better half, Karen, would use the Christy to slice the little sour dough rolls and then slice some nice Danish Havarti with caraway seeds to go on it. A little packet of mustard and I was good to go.

While in Mission Viejo, the Christy made a very decent paring knife while is was working in our daughters kitchen. Opening plastic packages, dicing shrimp for the seafood chowder I make, operation on a nice fillet of salmon to remove any small bones. The classic was used for home repairs, (my son in law is not exactly a handy harry homeowner) and dealt with many small Phillips screws while undoing and fixing small things around the house. Small scissors used for getting rubber bands out of a long wind tangled pony tail of my granddaughter after a fast pitch  softball league game she was in. Christy was used again to open bags of white gravel for a landscape project my son in law had been putting off as long as he could. The little Christy sliced open about 15 to 20 dirty bags of landscape stone. Needed a little touch up after that.

Seven days in California and two days on the road each way, the little Christy handled all my cutting needs, while the classic was my 'tool'.

« Reply #743 on: December 05, 2021, 05:52:45 PM »
Just returned from a road trip to Mission Viejo, Califonina and back to good old Georgetown Texas for the thanksgiving Holliday.s two days on the road each way, with first night outbound at Tucson Arizona, and home bound a night in Las Cruses New Mexico. The sole cutlery on me was my Christy knife in the pocket and the SAK classic in its keyring leather pouch sheath.

Going and coming, the Christy dealt with slicing  snacks in the car and small cutting hobs. We had a cooler and a bag of food, and a common snack while on the road was cheese sandwiches. I'd be driving and my far better half, Karen, would use the Christy to slice the little sour dough rolls and then slice some nice Danish Havarti with caraway seeds to go on it. A little packet of mustard and I was good to go.

While in Mission Viejo, the Christy made a very decent paring knife while is was working in our daughters kitchen. Opening plastic packages, dicing shrimp for the seafood chowder I make, operation on a nice fillet of salmon to remove any small bones. The classic was used for home repairs, (my son in law is not exactly a handy harry homeowner) and dealt with many small Phillips screws while undoing and fixing small things around the house. Small scissors used for getting rubber bands out of a long wind tangled pony tail of my granddaughter after a fast pitch  softball league game she was in. Christy was used again to open bags of white gravel for a landscape project my son in law had been putting off as long as he could. The little Christy sliced open about 15 to 20 dirty bags of landscape stone. Needed a little touch up after that.

Seven days in California and two days on the road each way, the little Christy handled all my cutting needs, while the classic was my 'tool'.
   :salute:   :tu:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
« Reply #744 on: December 07, 2021, 02:11:40 AM »
cbl51     :tu:

Hold Fast
« Reply #745 on: December 07, 2021, 05:32:53 PM »

Nice duo cbl! :like: :tu: :tu:
« Reply #746 on: December 08, 2021, 11:57:20 PM »
Nice duo cbl! :like: :tu: :tu:

The small SAK and the Christy make a very versatile pair. the classic handles small screws, Phillips and flat, scissors do the precise snipping, tweezers for stickers, and the classic blade is a good package/twine/packing tape/mail opener. The Christy handles small sandwich cutting, cheese slicing, and miscellaneous cutting jobs that come under the heading of "dirty deeds" where its nice to have an open design that is easy to clean up from gunk/food/whatever.

« Reply #747 on: December 09, 2021, 12:16:14 AM »
The small SAK and the Christy make a very versatile pair. the classic handles small screws, Phillips and flat, scissors do the precise snipping, tweezers for stickers, and the classic blade is a good package/twine/packing tape/mail opener. The Christy handles small sandwich cutting, cheese slicing, and miscellaneous cutting jobs that come under the heading of "dirty deeds" where its nice to have an open design that is easy to clean up from gunk/food/whatever.
    :tu:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,422
« Reply #748 on: December 09, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »
Boy this thread.   Sounds like a nice trip cbl.  Missing Viejio is nice and the weather I'm sure was terrific.  Sounds like the Christy met each task with confidence. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #749 on: December 10, 2021, 04:37:35 PM »
Boy this thread.   Sounds like a nice trip cbl.  Missing Viejio is nice and the weather I'm sure was terrific.  Sounds like the Christy met each task with confidence.

Yes, its great to be out on the road now and then. At our age now, the road trip is the thing. I know that I will never see the wilderness again, and my backpacking days are long gone. But with a nice car under us, its the coming and going that is as much fun as being in Mission Viejo with the family. Like the time we stopped to see Tombstone in Arizona. It was fun to walk down Freemont street to the OK Coral, to see it from the perspective of the Earps. Or stopping at the Pipe Organ cactus park to car camp out over night in the desert. Or on the return from California to detour down to Big Bend National Park in Texas for a few days.

Road trips are fun.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $41.47
PayPal Fees: $3.00
Net Balance: $38.47
Below Goal: $261.53
Site Currency: USD
 13%