Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your new favorite SAK...

Nix · 41 · 1397

us Offline The Lone Wanderer

• High Octane Gasoline
Re: Your new favorite SAK...
Reply #30 on: February 15, 2021, 07:17:47 PM
I have 3 different favorites, Swisschamp if in the city, Outrider for hiking and camping, 08 Soldier if doing construction .
Last of the V8 Interceptors

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: February 16, 2021, 02:58:48 AM
I've never even held a CT34.

Probably best that I not do so....  :rofl:

It might not be that much of a temptation considering for you.  Based on your previous choices, it sounds like you really like the wood saw and file, which the CT34 doesn’t have.  Of your other mentioned SAKs, CT34 is closest to the Deluxe Tinker, just more capable driver. 

So it might not tempt you too much.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: February 16, 2021, 04:20:30 AM
It might not be that much of a temptation considering for you.  Based on your previous choices, it sounds like you really like the wood saw and file, which the CT34 doesn’t have.  Of your other mentioned SAKs, CT34 is closest to the Deluxe Tinker, just more capable driver. 

So it might not tempt you too much.

You are probably right. I do like the saw. The file seems like a nice to have tool, but isn't a priority for me.

However, I really like the Deluxe Tinker for fishing, even without saw or file. My current favorite, the Handyman, covers so many bases.....but lacks the magnifying glass. Which brings me back to the SwissChamp......  :rofl:

In many ways, for day-to-day EDC, the Explorer or a Yeoman is perfect for me. If only the Explorer had a saw......

us Offline Sos24

Reply #33 on: February 16, 2021, 06:29:26 AM
You are probably right. I do like the saw. The file seems like a nice to have tool, but isn't a priority for me.

However, I really like the Deluxe Tinker for fishing, even without saw or file. My current favorite, the Handyman, covers so many bases.....but lacks the magnifying glass. Which brings me back to the SwissChamp......  :rofl:

In many ways, for day-to-day EDC, the Explorer or a Yeoman is perfect for me. If only the Explorer had a saw......
Sounds like you need to find a discontinued Woodsman.

au Offline Echotech

Reply #34 on: February 16, 2021, 12:10:19 PM
Do you have a picture of that Stanley one driver? I have something similar i think, basically a screwdriver with internal storage for bits.
Here you go SirVic, very useful for its size. Seems to take a surprising amount of torque but obviously not designed for something heavily rusted or too large, think it cost me A$25 and very pleased with it :cheers:

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #35 on: February 16, 2021, 03:22:05 PM
Here you go SirVic, very useful for its size. Seems to take a surprising amount of torque but obviously not designed for something heavily rusted or too large, think it cost me A$25 and very pleased with it :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks! That is smaller than I expected, almost pen size.  :like: I be right back, gotta check something... :D

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: February 16, 2021, 03:50:41 PM
Sounds like you need to find a discontinued Woodsman.

:like:

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #37 on: February 17, 2021, 01:55:07 AM

Found one at the local hardware store  :cheers:

I am afraid to say this, but I only paid 2 bucks. You guys down under really pay a hefty premium for your tools  :ahhh

au Offline Echotech

Reply #38 on: February 17, 2021, 02:03:59 AM
Found one at the local hardware store  :cheers:

I am afraid to say this, but I only paid 2 bucks. You guys down under really pay a hefty premium for your tools  :ahhh
That’s an amazing find SirVic :like:

Two bucks is really cheap, turns out I actually paid A$11.66  (was late when I posted last night and hadn’t checked) still overpriced for such an item - it’s good but not that good, as you say we really do pay way over the odds here …and that was from Amazon
:(

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #39 on: February 17, 2021, 03:44:19 AM
Well that is at least a bit better. Still too expensive for what it is  :oops:

I think I will like it though. It weighs next to nothing, so I can just drop it in my pocket or add to my EDC pouch  :tu:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #40 on: February 17, 2021, 03:57:26 AM
Well that is at least a bit better. Still too expensive for what it is  :oops:

I think I will like it though. It weighs next to nothing, so I can just drop it in my pocket or add to my EDC pouch  :tu:
:iagree: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD