Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire knife

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Surefire knife
on: January 18, 2021, 02:15:20 PM
I have not been able to find out much about this Surefire knife I bought recently.

I've been able to find out about the Surefire company, and the flashlights and other products they make. But the knife production seems to have been a shortlived phenomenon, and I haven't been able to find out much about them by searching.

Anybody know much about them?
20210115_001418.jpg
* 20210115_001418.jpg (Filesize: 470.13 KB)
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Surefire knife
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 05:46:37 PM
That looks like a Surefire Crank.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Re: Surefire knife
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 05:51:31 AM
Thanks guys...I did some more research and found there was a serious forgery incident where some nefarious entity hauled off and knocked off the Surefire Crank model in a rather serious manner...the knife I [had, because I just traded it away tonight against a Kershaw] was both made to look like a Crank and had the Surefire name and an approximation of the logo put right onto it. The fake is actually bigger and heavier than a true Surefire Crank, and is a pretty serious and solid knife in its own right, even if it is a fraud, a cheat, an impostor, an interloper, a charlatan, and an all around varmintacious orcworthy oinksnorter.

I traded it to a friend toward a Kershaw Leek. I  told him it was not a true Surefire, of course. He got three other knives plus that, and I got the Kershaw. I hope I didn't turn out poorly in the deal.... Anyway, the Kershaw has a pedigree, unlike the prank Crank.

:D
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%