Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Customizing a pancake for a FarmerX and making custom stamp

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Making a custom tilted pancake with flap, at first things were going good but then the measurements were off and I ended up having to cut the flap, thus just going to make it a simple pancake, but I really want that flap, I really want to make sure that FarmerX doesn’t leave! So I started another and well this time I think I got it, stretched it all out, cut to form, then glued it and put it back in the clamps, cut the belt holes and kinda worked on the sides, and that’s about it, I’m not to great on leather, thus why for my bday next month the Mrs is getting me a completely customized sheath, I spoke to the leather worker and I explained what I wanted and he thinks he could do what I was after, but then I took two pics of his sheaths and did a little photo editing and sent it to him and he was like “I like” sure that I can do! So I’m just waiting my turn, but here’s what it’s going to be, a tilted pancake much similar to the pics below that I’m working on, but on the one side he’s going to make it a little wider and run an extra stitch along the other, thus a spot to insert the mini steel!
Anyway here’s some of the work I’ve been working on and something to give you an idea of what’s to come,
JR
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 06:00:59 AM by MadPlumbarian »
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Re: Customizing a pancake for a FarmerX
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:59:34 AM
While I was waiting for the leather to dry I figured why not make my own custom symbol punch? I got tired of laying out J.R. And as most of you know men are joined, so I did a little looking up a found a few thing, basically you got to find a bolt, and have some type of rotary tool, and a small file, hard part find the bolt, I looked in the garage, found something crappy but was like ahh, then turned around and saw 4 brand new large head bolt and was like score :woohoo: now the hard part! They symbol, it’s got to be backwards! Well kinda simple, take a piece of paper draw it till you get it, then get a marker and just let the marker do the work for you, cause now you can flip the paper over and it’s in reverse! Ok, now for the time consuming part, no not filing the bolt getting that mark to match on the bolt! Take the marker and scribble whatever on the bolt, look it over, then go over to a mirror and,, naaa, now marker doesn’t come off, unless you overload it with marker and quickly wipe it clean, and draw it again, and again, and again, till you check it in the mirror and say, yeah, that’s it! Now go have fun, get as much bolt off without touching black, once you think you got it get a piece of scrap and test it out, if it’s not right make a few changes, and test again, but once you got it, just buff the head off the bolt, now if you were going to use it for metals to, then you’d have to get this thing cherry red and dump it in water to harden it but it’s only for leather so I think it’s hard enough for that, anyway here’s what I cam up with,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Re: Customizing a pancake for a FarmerX and making custom stamp
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 09:02:08 PM
The one I got to make me a custom pancake sak sheath started and sent me a pic!! :woohoo:
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 06:04:33 PM
Next few step, I’m freaking  :drool:
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 08:18:28 PM
Looking good !   :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 08:19:20 PM
 :iagree:  I've never tried a sheath like that.  Look comfy. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 08:26:55 PM
:iagree:  I've never tried a sheath like that.  Look comfy.
My thing is the sheath always ends up right where the belt loop is, so then you got to figure which side you want to put it on, then after you figure it out the sheath slides between the two and never stays put! With a pancake and having the two holes you can do one of two thing,
1 [](sheath)[] or
2  (she[]ath)
Pretty much either way your going to get the sheath in that comfortable spot and it’s not going to move!
JR

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 05:18:45 PM
Looks really good! You can use it as a guide for making your own model.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 05:21:53 PM
Looks really good! You can use it as a guide for making your own model.

:cheers: :tu:
Thanks, I just spoke with him and he said it’s going to be shipping out today! So there might be that like 5% chance it’s here on my bday!
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%