Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

5.11 TACTICAL LE EMT MULTI TOOL

Offline acidhammer

5.11 TACTICAL LE EMT MULTI TOOL
on: October 16, 2018, 07:57:02 AM
haven't seen much on this one.  what do you guys think?

https://chiefsupply.com/products/511-tactical-le-emt-multi-tool-51150

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: 5.11 TACTICAL LE EMT MULTI TOOL
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 10:06:32 AM
Tiny pliers?  :think: :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:19:35 AM
My experience with 5.11 Tactical is that their clothes and bags are usually really good, I have been EDC'ing their RUSH Delivery LIMA messenger bag since November 2016 and its been the best EDC bag I have ever owned, plus I have a RUSH 12 backpack from 5.11 tactical that I use for hiking, which has served me extremely well too.....and none of them are showing any sign of wear and tear either.

My military friends have had several MOLLE things from them too, which they brought with them to both Iraq and Afghanistan, where they beat the snot out of them and saw combat too....none of them had any issues with any of the clothing or MOLLE stuff they had from 5.11 tactical.

HOWEVER! ...when it comes to everything else they make...flashlights....watches...they are usually overpriced junk.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:46:14 PM by MMR »
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 11:41:21 AM
My experience with 5.11 Tactical is that their clothes and bags are usually really good, I have been EDC'ing their RUSH Delivery LIMA messenger bag since November 2016 and its been the best EDC bag I have ever owned, plus I have a RUSH 12 backpack from 5.11 tactical that I use for hiking, which has served me extremely well too.....and none of them are showing any sign of wear and tear either.

My military friends has has several MOLLE things from them too, which they brought with them to both Iraq and Afghanistan, where they beat the snot out of them and saw combat too....none of them had any issues with any of the clothing or MOLLE stuff they had from 5.11 tactical.

HOWEVER! ...when it comes to everything else they make...flashlights....watches...they are usually overpriced junk.
Yes, that... however, I used to have their Penlight, and it was the best penlight I ever had. Overpriced, yes, but its simplicity made it perfect. I also have played with their knives and apart from a horrible design they did not seem too shabby.
Oh, and I WANT ONE :ahhh
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
Looks like "shears" to cut zip-ties I presume.

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 11:43:38 AM
Size specs?

A little expensive  :whistle:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 11:56:12 AM
They seem to have taken a hint from LM and are also offering half a tool:
half.jpg
* half.jpg (Filesize: 12.24 KB)

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 12:06:47 PM
They seem to have taken a hint from LM and are also offering half a tool:
:rofl:

All hail the hook!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 12:07:24 PM
Looks like "shears" to cut zip-ties I presume.
I missed that.  :think:
I wonder how well it works.  :tu:

All hail the hook!

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 12:27:09 PM
I want one.. :drool:

Wait wait.... $49?....nevermind. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 01:02:22 PM

My military friends has has several MOLLE things from them too, which they brought with them to both Iraq and Afghanistan, where they beat the snot out of them and saw combat too....none of them had any issues with any of the clothing or MOLLE stuff they had from 5.11 tactical.

Yes, that... however, I used to have their Penlight, and it was the best penlight I ever had. Overpriced, yes, but its simplicity made it perfect. I also have played with their knives and apart from a horrible design they did not seem too shabby.
Oh, and I WANT ONE :ahhh

Okay, I don't know about their Penlight, but I had one similar to this one (pictured below), and it broke the first time I took it hiking with me, worst off all it broke while being inside of a pocket in my backpack, I didn't even take it out or got to actually use it on the trail before it broke. From what I have seen in different online reviews other people have reported the same issue, which is that the mechanism holding / locking the door for the batteries is extremely brittle and made of thin plastic.

I have been carrying Ledlenser flashlights since, they are heavy on their battery usage, but other than that I have no complaints about ledlenser flashlights. Another good brand is SureFire, but they are also heavy on their battery usage and they are expensive too, but durability and lighting wise both ledlenser and surefire have held up to my tests.

I know most people will talk highly of Maglite, but for me they are not bright enough and I am not a fan of their designs, I find them too heavy and bulky, even to carry in a backpack.

I tried 5.11 Field Ops Watch a few years ago, and it died on me when it started raining heavily, even though it claims to be water proof up to 100m....thank fully I got my money back, but I will also say that apart from it not actually being waterproof, it as just a watch is super overpriced for what it is, if you want a proper outdoors watch; get a suunto and live happily ever after.

I haven't tried it, but I have heard nothing but complaints about 5.11's "Tactical HRT Titanium Watch" too
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:06:20 PM by MMR »
Kind regards,

MMR

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 05:17:26 PM

My experience with 5.11 Tactical is that their clothes and bags are usually really good,

I have been carrying Ledlenser flashlights since, they are heavy on their battery usage, but other than that I have no complaints about ledlenser flashlights.

:iagree: with all the above.
I love all of my 6 different 5.11 pants (long and short, they're my main Winter and Summer clothes  8)) but I tried two of their knives and they were good at half the price, but even at that price point there were better options out there  :dunno: I dunno about the watches but I've read bad things about 5.11 lights too all over the internet

FInally, I am also a fan of LED Lenser and go to know them through Leatherman (obviously), my P3 AFS has been dropped, washed, stepped on, smashed, thrown, lost and found several times for the last 4 years and it's still going strong  :salute: :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 07:51:48 PM
The P3 was my fav till i lost it, replaced with the 5.11..absolute piece of junk, although to be fair it lasted a whole week  :tu:

I tried gluing it but no joy

Replaced this with the 5.11 pen and its fairing better, when it breaks though i'm going back to the P3

I have the Rush 12 and love it, absolutely no problems and the one pair of 5.11 trousers i have are totally fine, no complaints there  :tu:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 12:56:55 PM
The P3 was my fav till i lost it, replaced with the 5.11..absolute piece of junk, although to be fair it lasted a whole week  :tu:

true, losing it is always a risk,  :P
but as far as durability, I have put this P3 through things that have broken Lumintops, Maglites, a SOG light, Nitecores and others
I really can't seem to kill this light, and other than the anodizing wearing off, it works like new!!  :dunno: :hatsoff:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 04:36:26 PM

My military friends have had several MOLLE things from them too, which they brought with them to both Iraq and Afghanistan, where they beat the snot out of them and saw combat too....none of them had any issues with any of the clothing or MOLLE stuff they had from 5.11 tactical.

Agreed ! Bags , and other softgoods are superb . I wear 5 11 shirts for both work and play ,they put up with a lot of Smurf ! The also have some very good lightweight pants , for hot humid weather . The other stuff , not so much !

Best Regards,

Chris

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 07:41:19 PM
Not so sure about the spring-loaded glass-breaker being where it is. What if you're reaching for it and your finger presses the glass-breaker?

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 08:18:58 PM
What're your thoughts on the EDT, keychain tool?

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 12:28:52 AM
Not so sure about the spring-loaded glass-breaker being where it is. What if you're reaching for it and your finger presses the glass-breaker?

(Image removed from quote.)

If it's like something I've seen on something else, it takes a good deal of pressure on that breaker ring to release the spring-loaded firing pin inside. Enough that hopefully you won't do it by mistake.

BTW, when I manage to catalogue the "something else" to which I refer, I will share photos and discussion of it in the Emergency tools forum.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%