Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK of fishing

00 Offline SgtTowser

SAK of fishing
on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:56 PM
A friend knew I carried a fish hook under a tool in one of my SAKS and kept some monofilament wrapped around  the cork screw, since picking up the idea from a SAK knight here. Soooo...

He found this ultra light rod and reel at a garage sale and  said he thought I needed it!!! He gifted it to me. The rod extends from the tube in the picture.  He paid a whopping $2. The rod and reel fit in my favorite barn coat’s pockets and the rig can handle up to a two pounder. I have yet to spool the line on the reel, but that will come soon.

He said I had to keep a SAK with scissors ready in case I hooked something over 2 pounds!

Alas, I gifted my old Vic Fisherman away many years ago. Fortunately my Champion not pictured has a ruler with a hook remover!

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Re: SAK of fishing
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 10:15:55 PM
That's pretty cool, and a good friend.  I carry a UL rod and reel in my truck at all times just in case...but yours is also ultra compact as well.  :salute:

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 10:55:22 PM
That's pretty cool, and a good friend.  I carry a UL rod and reel in my truck at all times just in case...but yours is also ultra compact as well.  :salute:

If u don’t mind saying, what kind of UL do you fish with? And are u satisfied with it?

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 11:53:32 PM
A friend knew I carried a fish hook under a tool in one of my SAKS and kept some monofilament wrapped around  the cork screw, since picking up the idea from a SAK knight here. Soooo...

He found this ultra light rod and reel at a garage sale and  said he thought I needed it!!! He gifted it to me. The rod extends from the tube in the picture.  He paid a whopping $2. The rod and reel fit in my favorite barn coat’s pockets and the rig can handle up to a two pounder. I have yet to spool the line on the reel, but that will come soon.

He said I had to keep a SAK with scissors ready in case I hooked something over 2 pounds!

Alas, I gifted my old Vic Fisherman away many years ago. Fortunately my Champion not pictured has a ruler with a hook remover!

All that's awesome, but I still say, if you can measure the fish you caught with that ruler, you might as well throw it back!  :dunno:
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 12:58:08 AM
If u don’t mind saying, what kind of UL do you fish with? And are u satisfied with it?

The one I carry in my truck is an old 5' Ugly Stick.  The reel is not the greatest, but the point is to have something with me just in case I happen upon a likely fishing spot while doing something else.  I have a much nicer, and much longer UL rod, but it's not something I'd leave bake in the truck year round.  I much prefer heavier combos, but again, the UL stuff is for spontaneous fun.

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 04:09:03 AM
All that's awesome, but I still say, if you can measure the fish you caught with that ruler, you might as well throw it back!  :dunno:

I think it’s called an anchovy stick! 😀

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 04:37:16 AM
I think it’s called an anchovy stick! 😀

:o  :rofl:
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%